McManaman's tackle on Massadio Haidara...shocking

can't agree here.
Soccer and Rugby (either code) have the same skill level.
its just rugby union is far more cerebral than soccer.
in soccer, if you see the ball, all you do is go for it, then decide what to do with it.
in union you have to decide, on seeing the ball, if its legal for you to go for it.

people say the soccer off side rule is difficult to understand, quite why is beyond me its not that complicated, (unless you have a footballers brain that is. lol)
try working out how to avoid being off side in a union match! (and not while you are watching it, try it whilst playing)

I did not mean the game rules it's self, I mean like the players to play the game the skill involved any 17 stone monkey can catch a ball and run and knock people out there way, but ask the monkey to dribble a ball past 4 defenders and chip the keeper and score a goal.

The above is Not a good example like :0) But you catch me drift, you cant compare Johnny Wilkinson to Pele really can you ?

And for such a "MASSIVE" club your trophy cabinet is full of ??? dust. The only good thing about Newcastle is sports direct and the latest range of firetrap polo shirts , bargain at £9.99.

Oh and justice done :):):)

BBC Sport - Callum McManaman escapes FA action over Haidara challenge

and there is nothing wrong with the lad but been the soft harse foreign players are , , he squealed , roll around, bang the floor like UFC tappin out then get paid for 6 weeks doing jack crap.

hope those who sent out the threats get 10 yr hehehe ,,give the fellow inmates a good laugh (death threats PMSL).

were a small club , no fans , no history eat pies by the barrel load we know thankyou :) ,
Empty seats 2 Newcastle 1 :):):)

big crowds win you nothing , you should know that by now. lol

Last edited:
And for such a "MASSIVE" club your trophy cabinet is full of ??? dust. The only good thing about Newcastle is sports direct and the latest range of firetrap polo shirts , bargain at £9.99.

Oh and justice done :):):)

BBC Sport - Callum McManaman escapes FA action over Haidara challenge

and there is nothing wrong with the lad but been the soft harse foreign players are , , he squealed , roll around, bang the floor like UFC tappin out then get paid for 6 weeks doing jack crap.

hope those who sent out the threats get 10 yr hehehe ,,give the fellow inmates a good laugh (death threats PMSL).

Yes your right mate your points are valid so agree to disagree great stuff !!!

Fair play guys you kept it on track and didn't let it turn personal,

Kudos :)

As a mackem i thought it was a perfectly fine tackle and he won the ball, :D

As a mackem i thought it was a perfectly fine tackle and he won the ball, :D

Of course you would ha ha do not stress mate, I see Newcastle improving every week and building a strong team, just like Sunderland...

NOT

Hold my hands up and admit... Im dreading next lot of fixtures.

Hold my hands up and admit... Im dreading next lot of fixtures.

To be honest mate I see QPR,Reading,Wigan or Villa going down I think Sunerland or in a bit of rut but still seem to pull point's out the bag and Southampton are well organized Norwich also need to be care full though a few bad games and there also in trouble.

The next 6/7 games will probably give us a better judgement at were we stand, Even though were rival teams I hope we both stay safe this season though because there's nowt like a good Darby Game lol

Newcastles next games

man city Away
Fulham Home
Sunderland Home April 14th :0)
west brom Away
liverpool Home
west ham Away
QPR Away
Arsenal Home

Sunderlands next games

Man U Home
Chelsea Away
NUFC Home
Everton Home
Aston V Away
Stoke Home
Southam Home
Spurs Away

Its not going to be easy for any of the of the bottom teams to pull away to be honest it a proper dog fight this season.

Last edited:
Were all in it together may the best man win . Personally , the drop doesn't bother me, I've been there in the non league days and If we return ? and I'm still knocking around ? I'll be there once again.
As a Wigan fan we thrive on the insults , it shows we get right up peoples noses so we must be doing something right .

I did not mean the game rules it's self, I mean like the players to play the game the skill involved any 17 stone monkey can catch a ball and run and knock people out there way, but ask the monkey to dribble a ball past 4 defenders and chip the keeper and score a goal.

The above is Not a good example like :0) But you catch me drift, you cant compare Johnny Wilkinson to Pele really can you ?

lol, I still dont agree. Though things are changing. you will find more degree students playing Rugby union than football.
and traditionally the best sport in the world, to get hurt playing, was rugby. because if someone asked "is there a doctor here" more than half the players would say "YES" and put their hands up. (this is still. largely, true at the amateur level.)

I do see your point on the Wilkinson Pele comment.
but that does not change my view.
because you would need to compare someone like Beckham and Wilkinson.
then the line become less clear.
but i do maintain you need a higher level of "general" intelligence to play Rugby Union than football.

I'd better comment on the "topic". lol.

It was an awful tackle. but that's just what it was.
a tackle that went wrong.
from an independent stand point, I saw nothing malicious.
i note it seemed the perpetrator tried to pull out (though too late its true)

was it a "Red Card" moment?
to me, probably not.
does it deserve further action?
again NO.

Agree.

to me, probably not.
again NO.

Disagree. He needed/needs to be punished to teach him to be more level-headed, and to send out the message that this sort of tackle cannot be tolerated, malicious or not.

Disagree. He needed/needs to be punished to teach him to be more level-headed, and to send out the message that this sort of tackle cannot be tolerated, malicious or not.

whilst i understand your view.
he was not in full control of all the circumstances, only his own actions.
for these, quite rare, situation. do we really want to punish people for accidents?
I said "probably not", as i would have had no objection to a red card being given.
if the player had a "history" of such things, I'd be all for extra sanctions, too.
but he hasn't.
hence my view.

Football is supposed to be a full contact sport.
this carries risks.

I honestly feel Football would be better off dealing with the cheats, people like Drogba, Suarez and the others too numerous to mention.
who spend time trying to get red and yellow cards, given against their opponents, by acting as if they have been fouled or hurt badly when little no no contact is made. sometime directly effecting the outcome of a game.

" I honestly feel Football would be better off dealing with the cheats, people like Drogba, Suarez and the others too numerous to mention.
who spend time trying to get red and yellow cards, given against their opponents, by acting as if they have been fouled or hurt badly when little no no contact is made. sometime directly effecting the outcome of a game. "

Totally agree with this comment !!!

But it was still a reckless challenge and I am glad the FA agrees.....

There should be a review panel that watches all the matches & rules on whether anyone needs punishment. Atleast that way anything missed by the officials could be dealt with. It would also serve as a deterent to the many players falling over at the slightest contact or the ones who delibrately set out to injure players.( just my opinion but suarez fits both categories on a regular basis. I dont doubt he is a great footballer i just wish he would stop all the other crap he does)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

lol, I still dont agree. Though things are changing. you will find more degree students playing Rugby union than football.
and traditionally the best sport in the world, to get hurt playing, was rugby. because if someone asked "is there a doctor here" more than half the players would say "YES" and put their hands up. (this is still. largely, true at the amateur level.)

I do see your point on the Wilkinson Pele comment.
but that does not change my view.
because you would need to compare someone like Beckham and Wilkinson.
then the line become less clear.
but i do maintain you need a higher level of "general" intelligence to play Rugby Union than football.

I'd better comment on the "topic". lol.

to me, probably not.
again NO.

MMMMMmmmmm I do not think we will ever agree on this rugby thing, but I can see your point of view :FRIGHT:

It's just......... its wrong lol

See mr suarez is up to his old tricks again. Looks like he will get a retrospective punishment.

I really dont see why they dont make it that ,any serious offence whether it be violent conduct or diving(meaning anything clearly obvious that a player delibrately tried to mislead match officials) be looked at & punishments handed out. I think it would improve football massively. I know it wont affect the match that the offence took place but it would stop most of the cheating & lead to a better game.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

It was a decent tackle I don't know what everyones moaning about lol, Tbh though not sure why the stories been dragged out like it as i've seen worse things happen and its only been in the news for 2 mins.

That was probably the worst tackle seen in the premier league all season and though the ref didn't see it he will face trial by camera and deserve every single game that he get banned for and extra because hes a Wigan player.
Small time club with small time fans who belong in a small time league. even the blue square is to good for Wigan it should be Rymans league.
Even the Chairmans deluded i hope Wigan follow JJB sports and sink.
High horse? The rest of the country use cars mate i think you'll find its just Wigan what still get about on horses.
Born and bread Manchester mate so get your Avi pic changed to the more apt hairy arse where ever your from shot.

Prick, tbh pretty much sums you up markymarky a typical united fan, apart from the police Ive never seen anyone getting around on a horse, Born and bread United? just out of interest where are you from or did your monkeys uncle support them and you decided it was your birth right lol nob.

Last edited:
I hope McManaman's apology put's this thread to bed ;-

mcmanaman-haidara-470.jpg

Back