Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool manager's post

RAB - P

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
_60210335_014643809-1.jpg

Kenny Dalglish has left his post as Liverpool manager.

The 61-year-old has paid the price for Liverpool's poor performances in the Barclays Premier League.

Dalglish's departure comes after he held face-to-face talks with principal owners John W Henry and Tom Werner in Boston on Monday.

The Scot had been expected to depart on holiday on Wednesday but he postponed that and remains on Merseyside.

Dalglish returned to Liverpool in January 2011 as caretaker by new owners Fenway Sports Group and was appointed on a three-year permanent deal last summer.

After spending over £30million on Andy Carroll, he then spent a further £80million last summer - but results have been poor and despite a League Cup final success, it was their worst league campaign since the 1950s.

They lost the FA Cup final to Chelsea, and ended up finishing eighth in the league, below city rivals Everton.

Now after flying to America earlier this week, a decision has been made to part ways and it is understood that Liverpool's owners already have targets in mind.

Sky Sports understands that Wigan boss Roberto Martinez is top of their list of targets and the man who turned Aston Villa down last summer could find it hard to shun a switch to Anfield.

Last edited:
He never had the tactical knowhow or the ruthless streak a premiership manager needs.His players walked over him and his biggest mistake was sticking by that racist Suarez.The best place for him is the golf course now!!

A great guy but poor manager hes not had a good track record in management :(

and remember he did manage liverpool to a cup this season

Martinez would be a good bet, he would get them playing football again!

1684492-omg__they_killed_kenny.jpg

Who to replace the King ??? Surely there can be only one

flyingrafa.gif

But stupid is as stupid does pmsl

60940735.jpg

And with all that out of my system lol I actually think it's bad news for the rest of us and good news for LFC but I have to say I will miss his little weekly tantrums on MOTD

Geoff : So Kenny how do you explain that result ?

King : Result ?? (perplexed look on the Kings face)

Geoff : Yes 4-0 to Spurs Kenny where did it go wrong ?

King : Wrong wrong ?? !! did it go wrong I musta missed it ?

Geoff : Well yes Kenny 4-0 is not the best result

King : Well I dunoo your the wan wi all the ansars you tell mee !"!

Geoff : Thanks Kenny (Geoff sharp exits)

King : @*$% OFF Geoff

I personally found him an obnoxious w@nk3r in his post match interviews and will not miss him a jot. Knows bugger all about 21st century football and should've stuck with his memories of the good ol' days!

I personally found him an obnoxious w@nk3r in his post match interviews and will not miss him a jot. Knows bugger all about 21st century football and should've stuck with his memories of the good ol' days!

That's exactly what used to tickle me up Mark, his post matchers just summed him up.

Great player and did a good job in his early managerial career but so out of touch with modern day management it was bound to end in disaster, just wish they had given him (and us) one more season pmsl.

A great guy but poor manager hes not had a good track record in management :(

You're obviously not old enough to remember when Kenny was in charge at Liverpool in the 80's, do you even remember when he was in charge at Blackburn?

He only got the position in the first place because of what he did in the past. Too many liverpool fans live off the past. Get real!!

Kenny was nothing but a backwards step. End of!

He should never of replaced Hodgson in the first place. 120 million on poor signings, apart from Suarez. 2nd rate side with a 2nd rate manager.

Outdated tactics, and attitude. The legend has a worse record than the guy they sacked ffs!!!

Although tbh I am a little sad that he's left. Everton finished higher this season, so I wish he had stayed for another season ;)

lol Kenny was spotted outside a Liverpool Tesco's today, he saw an old lady trying to cross the road with her shopping and he asked "can you manage dear" to which the Old lady replied "Yes better than you, you ******" lmao

Ally McCoist phoned him and invited him to a party,
but he said he could nae manage,
Ally said that's ok you'll still come tae the Party tho..

Big question now is who is to take the Kings throne ?

AjX08DjCEAIsBcC.jpg

Martinez has experience in relegation battles so looks to be a strong contender.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Back