MCFC Car Parks Bon Jovi

earl grey

Member +
Reaction score
Watched Bon Jovi last night at The City of Manchester Stadium

An excellent show well worth going it all went wrong when we tried to get out of the Car park.

2 Hours and no sign of an exit.

Eventually a bloke in a Rangey dismantled some fence and we left through a hole in the fence.

I have sent the following email to MCFC abd will post the reply if a get one

Sara

I am interested to hear the explanation for the fiasco with regards to the Car Parking Arrangements for the Bon Jovi concert.

Whenever i go to events such as this i allways park in "Official" car parks as they are more sucure and better organised. I did notice when parking that there was a large sign informing us that there was a possibility of "delays" leaving the car park.

I think in future the word severe delay should be on the sign as 2 hours without movement or explanation is both unacceptable and frankly absurd.

I left the Car Park via a hole in the fence this is how desperate things where.

I await with baited breath for the explanation but if things move as fast as the Car park it will be a long wait.

some things never change m8, i can remember siting in a field at knebworth for hours after led zep and deep purple the same at milton keynes bowl after marillion and even at the nec for an hour after iron maiden.

mind u in manchester u were lucky your car was still there LOL

I went to see the Chili Peppers there in 2004 and i parked in the Velodrome carpark [big mistake] it was also murder getting out.I ended up going over to the 24 hr Asdas and buying some food till the traffic started flowing.
It is actually a good stadium > shame about the team that play there ;)

Dutcho said:
Good gig though ? My brother in law and sister went and they didnt mention anything about parking, maybe they were lucky.

Great gig, I saw them in Glasgow on Saturday. Must admit, poor old Ritchie is starting to look his age but boy can he play guitar!!:Clap:

Watched Eminem at the Bowl in Milton Keynes a few years back.

I think it took close to 3 hours to get out the car park.

I believe crowd estimates were about 50,000 they could have been higher.
Now 50,000 tickets at £40 a pop = £200,000 for 1 DAY!!!!! He was there for a week so that over £1 Million.

I think they can afford a little time and effort and money investing in a decent well organised parking system. Perhaps the Open University can do a study for them.

If anyone at the bowl is reading this PM me ive got a couple of ideas for parking. lol.

Back