Manchester United thread

Nothing m8, just enjoying your comments/pics. ;)

Miggy, do you think Pogba looks like a shit Balotelli? ;)

The funny thing is this is the best it gets for Man Utd this season , whilst we have yet to get out of 1st gear with Gundogan , Sergio , Sane and Kompany to return.

The funny thing is this is the best it gets for Man Utd this season , whilst we have yet to get out of 1st gear with Gundogan , Sergio , Sane and Kompany to return.

It's definitely looking good for us m8. As for Man United the bubble has burst. The 90 min + goals have been found out. They make other teams run riot for 90 mins and then start playing while the other teams are gasping for air. Poor show man united it's a c+ from me. Lol

I enjoyed the game as a neutral and think that City deserved the win, however, for me, as an amateur referee of over 20 years, the Bravo challenge is a penalty and a red card for excessive force, at one point both feet are off the ground, therefore the player is out of control, he was helped slightly by the fact that he did actually get the ball, which is irrelevant as far as the actual offence is concerned. Hope that makes sense as I don't really want to quote half the FA rule book!

I enjoyed the game as a neutral and think that City deserved the win, however, for me, as an amateur referee of over 20 years, the Bravo challenge is a penalty and a red card for excessive force, at one point both feet are off the ground, therefore the player is out of control, he was helped slightly by the fact that he did actually get the ball, which is irrelevant as far as the actual offence is concerned. Hope that makes sense as I don't really want to quote half the FA rule book!

Quite correct if it was an outfield player but it becomes a different perspective when it's a goalkeeper. As long as the keeper gets the ball then it is perfectly legal, miss the ball though and it's a straight red.

To be fair as well, Rooney shouldn't have even been on the pitch at that point.
He got away with 3 yellow card offences before he got booked.
And wasn't there a new ruling that swearing at the ref is a straight red?
82nd minute, after he commits his 5th foul and finally gets a yellow for the foul on Bravo, he tells clattenburg to f*ck off.

Quite correct if it was an outfield player but it becomes a different perspective when it's a goalkeeper. As long as the keeper gets the ball then it is perfectly legal, miss the ball though and it's a straight red.

Sorry no, there is no distinction between goalkeepers and outfield players when it comes to Serious Foul Play, here is the extract from the current FA Rule Book (2016):

SENDING-OFF OFFENCES

A player, substitute or substituted player who commits any of the following offences is sent off:
denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area)
denying an obvious goal-scoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the opponents’ goal by an offence punishable by a free kick (unless as outlined below)
serious foul play
spitting at an opponent or any other person
violent conduct
using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
receiving a second caution in the same match.

SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Therefore, without exception the GK should have received a red card, as would any other player.

- - - Updated - - -

And wasn't there a new ruling that swearing at the ref is a straight red?
82nd minute, after he commits his 5th foul and finally gets a yellow for the foul on Bravo, he tells clattenburg to f*ck off.

It's not a new rule:
using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures has always been a red card. The FA sent out a directive before the start of the new season to 'clamp down' on these type of offences.

Hope this clarifies everything.

I'm going to politely disagree. It wasn't careless or dangerous. It was a clean tackle, he was in control, it was one footed and he used the inside of his foot.

With all due respect if that's the case we would see a red in every game, every weekend.

If winning a 50/50 by taking the ball is now classed as a red we should all pack up and go home.

I'm going to politely disagree. It wasn't careless or dangerous. It was a clean tackle, he was in control, it was one footed and he used the inside of his foot.

With all due respect if that's the case we would see a red in every game, every weekend.

If winning a 50/50 by taking the ball is now classed as a red we should all pack up and go home.

The point I was making was that there are no distinctions made between a goalkeeper and an outfield player.

The red card is a matter of opinion, in my opinion it was serious foul play but obviously the referee disagreed and does not have the benefit of replays, so he has to make an instant call. However, leaving the ground with both feet is considered to be serious foul play, playing the ball afterwards is irrelevant.

City played well but i thought we def deserved a draw.
We had 2 to three clear chances to put that game to bed.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

City played well but i thought we def deserved a draw.
We had 2 to three clear chances to put that game to bed.

You must have watched a different game to me then, you could/should of been 4 - 1 down in the first half, you only got your goal because of a howler from Bravo, if City had took all there chances in the first half it would of been game over, I think the 2 - 1 result flatters United to be honest

Tell you the truth bronto gotgot in from work around 5 past one.
I think the 2nd halve was ours.
Didnt watch motd so you might be right m8.

Tell you the truth bronto gotgot in from work around 5 past one.
I think the 2nd halve was ours.
Didnt watch motd so you might be right m8.

Don't get me wrong United played 100% better in the second half, what I meant was it could of been 3 or 4 nil at half time, then I don't think you would of snapped out of it, was a cracking game to watch as a neutral :)

I wouldn't get too carried away guys.
As recall after 5 games last year the bookies were about to pay out on you as league winners and you finished 4th

- - - Updated - - -

With a billion pounds worth of talent on the pitch and on the bench I will be counting the number of wow moments that they can create, between them.

I am guessing 2 or less (its not as if its Barca v Real Madrid)

Wow Zlatans goal

Is it too early to say that Pogba is the biggest waste of money in history?

Man U looking distinctly average once again, Mourinho to quit before the end of the season? William Hill think so!

woeful again pogba a panic buy jose will bring fergie back pmsl

7f9b04de94d108f2c3f2c2954f6c5634.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Is it too early to say that Pogba is the biggest waste of money in history?

Man U looking distinctly average once again, Mourinho to quit before the end of the season? William Hill think so!

You won't see Jose Mourinho quitting United, we are the one club that he really wanted to be in charge of and he wants to be the new "Ferguson" and he has waited a long time to get into the seat.
Jose and the club both have the same sort of ambition and that is to be the best not just for one season but every season. He may not achieve that in the first season but he will achieve Champions League and he will continue building on that achievement until he reaches his and the club's goal......Simply the Best

You won't see Jose Mourinho quitting United, we are the one club that he really wanted to be in charge of and he wants to be the new "Ferguson" and he has waited a long time to get into the seat.
Jose and the club both have the same sort of ambition and that is to be the best not just for one season but every season. He may not achieve that in the first season but he will achieve Champions League and he will continue building on that achievement until he reaches his and the club's goal......Simply the Best

Don't be silly, if another football team offers him more he will leave. This year PL has got a great list of manager so it anyone game. With Man utd Zlatan is going to be their main man. Pogba I believe will struggle with the hugh 89mill price tag.

Back