Manchester United thread

Spurs done your Boys a huge favour tonight, made I larf though, 'cos I fecking hate the Chavs.

My boys really let themselves down against the Tranny Scouse mob... :(

yep great day for man u , roo still doest look fit , still all to play for

Personally I thought both teams were sh1t today. Shay Given had fek all to do except try to save the header from Scholes, which was perfectly placed...not bad for a player so old he shouldn't be playing....yeah right, every year we see these posts about his age, he deserved motm even if it had stayed 0-0.

As dazza said....Spuds done you a massive favor, now you may need us to do you a favor too. If we don't get 4th (which we won't) then I really want Spuds to do it cos I like Redknapp.

yup great results today...last minute winners are always the sweetest :proud:

Have to say I feared the worst when I saw Fergie playing the golden oldies again, but it worked out in a way. Scholes has been the best of them this season and was by far the best player on the pitch. Neville did decent as well.
And was it just me or did anyone else think Giggs was poor? He kept trying all these stupid flicks in first half, of which only one worked.

I don't mind the oldies (legends) playing but just can't expect them to play 30+ games a season because of the pace of the game. If we get some new players in these oldies can be great for us by playing 15-20 games next season i think Scholes could maybe manage upto 25 and he would have more influence on games like he did today rolled back the years with that perfectly timed run in the box. He has played some great games this season just can't expect these guys to play back to back games any longer and i was surprised with Gary Neville he performed really well i thought today.

Did you see at the end Scholes and Neville they just knew the importance of this win.

Still we won't win the league but a good day can't beat a last minute goal feeling lol! Even better when you do it 3 times against the same old noisy neighbour!

yup great results today...last minute winners are always the sweetest :proud:

Have to say I feared the worst when I saw Fergie playing the golden oldies again, but it worked out in a way. Scholes has been the best of them this season and was by far the best player on the pitch. Neville did decent as well.
And was it just me or did anyone else think Giggs was poor? He kept trying all these stupid flicks in first half, of which only one worked.

I'd go along with that TBH. Scholes controlled the game from start to finish IMO, rolled back the years. Never understood why he called it a day so early on his England career, such a waste. (England wise) Neville is always up for the derby games, so no surprise he put in a good shift TBH. Giggs was wasteful though. Had nil-nil written all over it I thought, til the Ginger one popped up at the death!

ManCity looked worse though, whether it was nerves, or something else I don't know, but they were completely ineffectual, even Bellamy and Tevez looked like different players today, not the best time to have a bad day at the office though, when it's derby day, and vital for league points...

I'd have liked Villa to get 4th place, as I like Mo'N, but that ain't gonna happen, so I'd sooner The Spurs took it.

lol @ some of the comments. scholes didnt control the game because he rolled back the years, it was simply because city allowed him time on the ball. he was pressurised against chelsea & bburn and in both games couldnt dictate the game and was awful. dont get me wrong i was over the moon with his goal yesterday but i still dont feel good enough against any decent opposition. i hope his one yr extension is mainly to help the youngsters and possibly to lead him toward a coaching role.

gary neville was lucky yesterday as well. bellamy got behind him on 3-4 occasions and if he picked the right option then we woulda lost the game.

as for giggs he was the worst of all 3. poor passing, shite corners and had 3 top chances to score. 1st where his lame attempt went straight into given's arms, 2nd where given came off his line where he had so much time to put it over him and the 3rd towards the end of 2nd half where the ball was crossed in and he completely missed the header....

for me the 3 arent good enough and they cant justify a place in the team for the odd performances here & there.

as for the game itself, we were better in the 1st half, but the tempo completely slowed down in the 2nd and if it had been a better team than city, we woulda paid the price. we didnt really threaten in the 2nd half and cant remember any clear cut chances. i said last week that this weekend would be crucial and how right was i!? :) we're right back in it! we need to win ALL our games and hope cheski drop points in just one game....

ALL to play for, GAME ON! :)

What would be remarkable is, if Liverpool beat Chelsea. We win our remaining three games and they directly hand us the title. Now that will really suck for Liverpool fans. In any case, I can see Liverpool fans will be confused as hell as whether they want their team to beat the chavs this weekend or accept a defeat would be better to ensure we don't win the title.

That being said, I cant see us getting a result from Spurs unless we hit top form. Which we currently are not seeing for whatever reason. Spurs are playing brilliant at the moment and it will take some effort to get a win this weekend.

Hopefully Rooney is near full fitness and can continue his pre injury form. We win at lunchtime go back to the top of the table and put the pressure right back on Chelsea. Who just dont look the same at the moment, even though only a few short weeks ago they were slamming seven past Villa.

Anyone who can predict what will happen between now and the end of the season, feel free to send me your lottery number predictions also.

I can see Liverpool fans will be confused as hell as whether they want their team to beat the chavs this weekend or accept a defeat would be better to ensure we don't win the title.

Liverpool are away at Burnley this weekend. Chelsea are at home to Stoke.

It's next weekend (Sun 2nd May) that Liverpool host Chelsea.

Knowing utd well probly beat spuds then draw with sunderland whilst the scousers beat chelsea then go on to beat stoke 6-0 on the final day and win the league by one goal. Thats not a prediction but dont rule it out haha

Knowing utd well probly beat spuds then draw with sunderland whilst the scousers beat chelsea then go on to beat stoke 6-0 on the final day and win the league by one goal. Thats not a prediction but dont rule it out haha

Chelsea host Stoke this Sunday, not on the final day of the season.

Your situation is worse because you are a much less attractive prospect for potential buyers, and like our current owners you attract ones who have no interest in the legacy or history of the respected clubs.

And your situation is going from bad to worse, as without a Champions League spot you will struggle to service your debt which means instead of Rafa wasting more millions you are forced to sell (possibly).

From a personal point of view I think its been a good season considering the talent we sold in the summer. We sold Tevez, who is showing how good he really is for City. And we sold the Worlds Best Player (note I dont use that in a past tense). Yet we will finish 3rd at the very least.

Now look around the other top teams and Liverpool. If for example, Liverpool sold Gerrard and Torres who I believe represent the similarity to what we sold. Where do you think they would have finished?

Of how about Chelsea if they had sold Lampard and Drogba? I think like us they would still be there or thereabouts.
Liverpool sell Alonso and suddenly the wheels come off, god forbid you sell another key player??

ITs been a very disappointing fortnight, but we have achieved alot after adjusting to life without some great players. The focus is now to win as many of our remaining games, secure an automatic Champions League spot. And if the money is there to reinforce.

Or as I have said previously, rather than satisfy the short term needs of fans with purchases. If the money isnt there pay some of the debt off to secure the future as theres no point having a successful team now and no team at all in the future.

When you look at the financial mess that both of these clubs are in it is frightening, however based upon level of debt and value of squad Man U are in much more trouble than Liverpool.

Liverpools debt = 300 million
Squad is worth just over 300 million.

Man U debt = 716 million
Squad is worth less than 200 million

When you look at the financial mess that both of these clubs are in it is frightening, however based upon level of debt and value of squad Man U are in much more trouble than Liverpool.

Man U debt = 716 million

pmsl level of debt to value of squad what's that gotta do with anything ????

So you sell all your players (at least one will sell in the summer;) and your out of debt is that it lol what then ?

As far as actual value goes Manchester United is still the most valuable football club on the planet. See link, Liverpool are in decline dropping in value by 19% since 2008, why do you think your yanks want out and ours wont piss off lol
BBC News - Manchester United is world's richest club says Forbes

Man U debt = 716 million

pmsl... how did u come to that conclusion m8? lol

Good performance today, especially in 2nd half.
Nani talked about how he wants to score more so that united dont rely so much on rooneys goals and he backed his words up today.
Carrick was a wasteman again today, how weak is he, let King climb all over him and didnt even appeal, just took it.

Back