Manchester United thread

Would love to see your maths behind this

OK these valuations are based upon how much money the player would bring into the club if they were sold.
Bearing in mind their age and length of contract left.
And whilst Van De Saar, Giggs, Neville, Scholes and Ferdinand may have been priceless for Man U in their hayday, no-one would pay United any money to sign them.
LIVERPOOL

REINA 20
JOHNSON 20
DEGGAN 3
KELLY 3
KYRIAKOS 2
CARRAGHER 0
SKIRTEL 9
AGGER 13
INSUA 4
KUYT 15
LUCAS 12
MASCH 30
AQUILANI 12
RIERA 7
BENAYOUN 9
GERRARD 40
BABEL 12
TORRES 75
NGOG 5
MAXI 4
PLESSIS 3

Man Utd
VAN DE SAAR 0
NEVILLE 0
FERDINAND 0
VIDIC 15
EVRA 12
EVANS 8
O SHEA 5
RAFAEL 2
VALENCIA 17
SCHOLES 0
CARRICK 8
ANDERSON 14
GIGGS 0
PARK 8
NANI 15
FLETCHER 5
BERBATOV 15
OWEN 0
ROONEY 45
BROWN 3
HARGREAVES 5

I will be surprised if you dont agree with those valuations

OK these valuations are based upon how much money the player would bring into the club if they were sold.
And whilst Van De Saar, Giggs, Neville, Scholes and Ferdinand may have been priceless for Man U in their hayday, no-one would pay United any money to sign them.
LIVERPOOL

REINA 20
JOHNSON 20
DEGGAN 3
KELLY 3
KYRIAKOS 2
CARRAGHER 0
SKIRTEL 9
AGGER 13
INSUA 4
KUYT 15
LUCAS 12
MASCH 30
AQUILANI 12
RIERA 7
BENAYOUN 9
GERRARD 40
BABEL 12
TORRES 75
NGOG 5
MAXI 4
PLESSIS 3

Man Utd
VAN DE SAAR 0
NEVILLE 0
FERDINAND 0
VIDIC 15
EVRA 12
EVANS 8
O SHEA 5
RAFAEL 2
VALENCIA 17
SCHOLES 0
CARRICK 8
ANDERSON 14
GIGGS 0
PARK 8
NANI 15
FLETCHER 5
BERBATOV 15
OWEN 0
ROONEY 45
BROWN 3
HARGREAVES 5

LOL!!!! what a load of sh*t

LIVERPOOL

REINA 20
JOHNSON 20
DEGGAN 3
KELLY 3
KYRIAKOS 2
CARRAGHER 0
SKIRTEL 9
AGGER 13
INSUA 4
KUYT 15
LUCAS 12
MASCH 30
AQUILANI 12
RIERA 7
BENAYOUN 9
GERRARD 40
BABEL 12
TORRES 75
NGOG 5
MAXI 4
PLESSIS 3

Man Utd
VAN DE SAAR 0
NEVILLE 0
FERDINAND 0
VIDIC 15
EVRA 12
EVANS 8
O SHEA 5
RAFAEL 2
VALENCIA 17
SCHOLES 0
CARRICK 8
ANDERSON 14
GIGGS 0
PARK 8
NANI 15
FLETCHER 5
BERBATOV 15
OWEN 0
ROONEY 45
BROWN 3
HARGREAVES 5

to value evra at the same valuation as lucas, auqa & babel is a joke in itself! best left back in WORLD football valued at £12m!?!? haha! fletcher @ £5m?? wtf!?!? vidic £15m!?!? and ur telling me if ferdinand was on the market this summer, we'd get nothing for him & someone wud pay £2m for that kyriakos guy!? funny how foster, kuzcack, welbeck, fabio, macheda & obertan are missing..... ur valuations are a joke, just like ur team!

and to cap it all off, a constantly injured torres @ £75m and the overrated stevie me me me, @ £40m!?!? what retarded valuations! ur off ya head....

Last edited:
What complete rubbish!

Torres and £75 million you must be out of your head!

Valuing Kuyt at £15 million pmsl if you got offered that Park would be worth £30 million

Lucas valued higher then Carrick as bad as Carrick has been this season he is most cetainly better then that prick!

Rafael at £2 million

Rio and no takers yeah right!

Johnson and £20 million someone will be foooked in the head to take him for £20 million a guy who can't even defend!

Gerrard at £40 million ho ho ho ho ho he is past his best this season has shown that no longer your saviour!

Evans at £8 million well Sunderland offered £12 million for him lmao

Rooney at just £45 million and that rent boy at £75 million get real ffs

If you value masch at 30 million then fletch should be the same as he is a better player in my opinion if he was English everyone else would be saying the same

What complete rubbish!

Torres and £75 million you must be out of your head!

Valuing Kuyt at £15 million pmsl if you got offered that Park would be worth £30 million

Lucas valued higher then Carrick as bad as Carrick has been this season he is most cetainly better then that prick!

Rafael at £2 million

Rio and no takers yeah right!

Johnson and £20 million someone will be foooked in the head to take him for £20 million a guy who can't even defend!

Gerrard at £40 million ho ho ho ho ho he is past his best this season has shown that no longer your saviour!

Evans at £8 million well Sunderland offered £12 million for him lmao

Rooney at just £45 million and that rent boy at £75 million get real ffs

I will reply to your post Nani as we are such good mates.

As stated these valuations are based upon age and length of their contract.

Torres and 75 million Man City have already offered 60 million and we wont let him go for that.

Kuyt at 15 million, already been offered by Juventas. Park is a bit part player at Man U and no-one is gonna pay 30 million for him you need to get real.

Lucas value higher than Carrick yes a 23 year old (still improving) Brazilian who would be wanted in any of the top European Leagues compared to a 29 year old Englishman (on the wane)who would be wanted by a handful of English teams.
Rafael at 2 million yes again the guy is learning his trade, when he is the complete article he will no doubt be worth 10s of millions, but because he is still learning nobody would pay much for him.
His inexperience got you knocked out of the Champions League after all.

Rio no takers yes, Why would anyone pay money for a 32 year old centre half who has missed most of the season? Is his bad back going to suddenly improve? I doubt it.

Johnson at 20 million Chelsea tried to sign him for that price at the beginning of the season, and i expect them to come for him again at the end of the season.

Evans at 8 million? well if Sunderland offererd 12 million for him I stand correc ted on that one.

Gerrard at 40 million past his best? I dont think so.
He has certainly not had his best season, but he has been carrying an injury all season, I also believe that he has had enough of Rafa.
If Rafa is still at Liverpool next season Gerrard will be gone.
Who will pay 40 million for him?
Man City
Chelsea.
Spurs
Real Madrid if Mourinho goes there.
Inter if Mourinho stays.
Barcelona.
and that Wank German Club (Bayern Munich).

Rooney at 45 million yes, the guy has had one decent season and scored a lot of goals.
He needs to do that consistently to be worth more.
He still has that side to his game that he is likely to get himself sent off through his stupidity, and I believe that he will let England down again in the world cup.

Useless Stoke, I bet they will turn up at Old Trafford and their defenders will think they're spartans puttin in performance of their season.

Guess I was slightly optimistic that Stoke would grind chelski to a draw lol

Based on the fact that he is Scottish

:wtf: ah well, that'll be us told then, he's good but Scottish so therefore he's inferior and not worth much, tell me how much would he be worth if he was English?

Deary fecking me.......arrrrrrrrrrggghhhhhhhhh. :grayno:

Last edited:
no wonder stevie me me me is valued at £40m, its coz he's another overrated english player...

I would say torres and rooney would be about the same price... torres might just edge it for me but 5 million if that... both could get into any team.

Fletcher is a top class player I have been saying this for ages even when the mancs have been against him!!! one of the best players utd have.

Evra is also top top draw best left back about - well cashley might argue (and rightly so ;))

To be honest from a neutral position (on this anyway lol)

I think Liverpool have class players but they are not performing while I think utd have players that while not so classy work very hard and never give up.

I would prefer the hard work and fight that the utd players give, maybe that's down to the manager but hey it works. I reckon nani will be a clone of ronaldo soon he shows the same touches skill and is in and out of games like ronaldo used to be... just a matter of time.

But the liverpool players all need a good pre season under there belts, they are on the up and have quality - Sorry liverpool lads but I think you need to get of benitez he has taken you as far as he can.

PS some of them prices was fooked up lol... even from a gooner point of view pmsl.

Mickie

I will reply to your post Nani as we are such good mates.

As stated these valuations are based upon age and length of their contract.

Torres and 75 million Man City have already offered 60 million and we wont let him go for that.

Kuyt at 15 million, already been offered by Juventas. Park is a bit part player at Man U and no-one is gonna pay 30 million for him you need to get real.

Lucas value higher than Carrick yes a 23 year old (still improving) Brazilian who would be wanted in any of the top European Leagues compared to a 29 year old Englishman (on the wane)who would be wanted by a handful of English teams.
Rafael at 2 million yes again the guy is learning his trade, when he is the complete article he will no doubt be worth 10s of millions, but because he is still learning nobody would pay much for him.
His inexperience got you knocked out of the Champions League after all.

Rio no takers yes, Why would anyone pay money for a 32 year old centre half who has missed most of the season? Is his bad back going to suddenly improve? I doubt it.

Johnson at 20 million Chelsea tried to sign him for that price at the beginning of the season, and i expect them to come for him again at the end of the season.

Evans at 8 million? well if Sunderland offererd 12 million for him I stand correc ted on that one.

Gerrard at 40 million past his best? I dont think so.
He has certainly not had his best season, but he has been carrying an injury all season, I also believe that he has had enough of Rafa.
If Rafa is still at Liverpool next season Gerrard will be gone.
Who will pay 40 million for him?
Man City
Chelsea.
Spurs
Real Madrid if Mourinho goes there.
Inter if Mourinho stays.
Barcelona.
and that Wank German Club (Bayern Munich).

Rooney at 45 million yes, the guy has had one decent season and scored a lot of goals.
He needs to do that consistently to be worth more.
He still has that side to his game that he is likely to get himself sent off through his stupidity, and I believe that he will let England down again in the world cup.

LMAO not your fault its cause your a Liverpool fan!

There is no way Barcelona would ever buy Steven Gerrard no fookin way he would never get into that team! Spurs would never spend £40 million on 1 player! I doubt Inter would want him and as for the remaining clubs we all know about them more money then sense!

You value Johnson at £20 million a full back yet the best left full back in the world is valued at a mere £12 million! As for Vidic there will be plenty of takers for him at £20 million plus but i doubt he will move yet!

Rafael valued at £2 million and Insua who is fookin hopeless at £4 million

Fletcher is far better then Mascherano and a player who has never wanted to leave us unlike Mascherano who wanted to leave you lot!

Your figures are there just to kid you really as them valuations are insane!

However if it does please you we have spent less then you and still are above you in the league. Also with a squad worth less then yours we still finish above you:proud:

You forgot to mention your main player Rafa he alone is worth £15 million for you!

LMAO not your fault its cause your a Liverpool fan!

There is no way Barcelona would ever buy Steven Gerrard no fookin way he would never get into that team! Spurs would never spend £40 million on 1 player! I doubt Inter would want him and as for the remaining clubs we all know about them more money then sense!

You value Johnson at £20 million a full back yet the best left full back in the world is valued at a mere £12 million! As for Vidic there will be plenty of takers for him at £20 million plus but i doubt he will move yet!

Rafael valued at £2 million and Insua who is fookin hopeless at £4 million

Fletcher is far better then Mascherano and a player who has never wanted to leave us unlike Mascherano who wanted to leave you lot!

Your figures are there just to kid you really as them valuations are insane!

However if it does please you we have spent less then you and still are above you in the league. Also with a squad worth less then yours we still finish above you:proud:

You forgot to mention your main player Rafa he alone is worth £15 million for you!

I will just explain my valuation of Johnson compared to probably the third best left back in the premier league.

Johnson can also play as a right midfielder and a center half, that is why I value him more than Evra.
And before you ask Ashley Cole and Gareth Bale.

gareth bale :roflmao:

lmfao

Even Assou Ekotto is better in the left back position Bale has done very well but not at left back!

Johnson maybe right wing but centre back ffs guy can't even defend at right back no positional sense at centre back he would every strikers dream!

You have really made a fool of yourself in this thread haven't ya langland? :proud:

LIVERPOOL

REINA 20
JOHNSON 20
DEGGAN 3
KELLY 3
KYRIAKOS 2
CARRAGHER 0
SKIRTEL 9
AGGER 13
INSUA 4
KUYT 15
LUCAS 12
MASCH 30
AQUILANI 12
RIERA 7
BENAYOUN 9
GERRARD 40
BABEL 12
TORRES 75
NGOG 5
MAXI 4
PLESSIS 3

Man Utd
VAN DE SAAR 0
NEVILLE 0
FERDINAND 0
VIDIC 15
EVRA 12
EVANS 8
O SHEA 5
RAFAEL 2
VALENCIA 17
SCHOLES 0
CARRICK 8
ANDERSON 14
GIGGS 0
PARK 8
NANI 15
FLETCHER 5
BERBATOV 15
OWEN 0
ROONEY 45
BROWN 3
HARGREAVES 5

Has you sobered up yet ?

lmfao, I couldnt even bring myself to reply to this one. I understand loyalty and most fans will argue their players are better than others. But even then some of the valuations are horrific.

About the only one I can agree with on the Liverpool team is Torres, but that would be for a fit Torres. Not an injury plagued one we currently see, as who would want to pay 75m for a player who's out injured every other week.

A fit Torres for me, is simply put probably the best striker in the World. And thats coming from a Manchester United Fan.

Equally, last season or the season before Gerrard would be worth that easily. But at 29 and someway short of his previous standards it maybe difficult to get that for him. Although, if he decides to leave this summer he may well make that for you. Else I think he wont be such an attractive buy.

On a final comment, Aquilani wouldnt even fetch 8 million never mind 12. Whereas I think you have done Benayoun a injustice as arguable he has been one of your most consistent players this season.

To summarise the valuations of Manchester United, I'll simply state theres not a single one I can agree with. But still thanks for the afternoon laugh matey.

gareth bale :roflmao:

lol, exactly my thought. The guys has a handful of decent matches and he's mentioned in the same breath as Evra. He has to be one of the worst left backs I've ever seen. Cannot defend, for me he should be a left side midfield player. And then yes I would rate him alot higher than now as his job wouldnt entail defending.

And just another interesting angle to this argument. Have you seen the latest PFA team of the year?

Funny how the third best left back has made it along with Fletcher who isnt valued much and of course Rooney and Valencia.

Joe Hart (Birmingham),
Branislav Ivanovic (Chelsea),
Richard Dunne (Aston Villa),
Thomas Vermaelen (Arsenal),
Patrice Evra (Manchester United),
Antonio Valencia (Manchester United),
Darren Fletcher (Manchester United),
James Milner (Aston Villa),
Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal),
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United),
Didier Drogba (Chelsea)

And funny not a single one of those highly rated and valued liverpool players are in there.

Back