Manchester United thread

Yeah agree with you Jaffa although i am surprised Steven Ireland didn't get young player he has played well for the losers

As for Evans maybe next year lol

Well done to Giggs a true legend and thoroughly deserved!

well done giggsy! i was a critic of his at the start of this season but since december he has been a revelation in centre mid and the way he destroyed the chelski midfield at Old Trafford was probably the best individual performance i have seen so far this season...

what a load of balls

he has hardly played this season

all he needs now is the fookin knight hood then we will all know that saf is deffo sucking somebodys prick

what a load of balls

all he needs now is the fookin knight hood then we will all know that saf is deffo sucking somebodys prick

Now now :Laugh: Calm down calm down

Well done giggsy he's had a blinder of a season this year thoroughly deserved.

Last edited:
what a load of balls

His fellow professional colleagues voted they obviously seen him play!

Sour grapes lol another trophy less campaign for you pmsl

what a load of balls

surely u weren't expectin stevie gimpy to win it!?

Rafael signs United deal

Manchester United have rewarded Brazilian defender Rafael's superb breakthrough season with a new two-year contract extension.
Injuries to Wes Brown and Gary Neville this term have elevated Rafael to first-team status and he has proved a revelation at right-back with a series of promising displays.
The 18-year-old has put pen-to-paper on terms that now bind him to Old Trafford until June 2013.
Sir Alex Ferguson has spoken of his delight at tying down a player who in his debut Premier League campaign made the shortlist for the PFA Young Player of the Year.
Buccaneering spirit

"Everyone at the club has been very impressed and excited by his first year as a professional," he told the club's official website.
"His enthusiasm and the adventurous way he plays is typical of a Manchester United player and we are delighted that he has signed a new contract."
Rafael was equally enthused about his new deal: "It has been a fantastic first year and I have been learning from all the players at the club but especially from the defence.
"It has been an exciting time for me and I want to be part of this for a long time so to get an extension is unbelievable."

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Manchester United | Rafael signs United deal

surely u weren't expectin stevie gimpy to win it!?
for a starter i am not a sour scouser
he has hardly played this yr
12 games ffs
ronaldo deserved it more than him
so u can see i am not biased on this
he got it why??
he has been playing for 18yrs and has not won it

but in my eyes he should have won it
but in his hayday when he was playing good
should steve gerard have won it
i dont know again he has missed some games this yr but has scored a few goals and helped liverpool to some wins
so come on now
mancs lets see if u can be fair and say the truth
not just
cos he plays for us he should have won it (meaning giggsy)

Well done too him, he should have won it before this year, an outstanding professional.

I thought Evans should have got young player but I also thought his main rival for it was Young.

I think Young was the right choice, first half of the season he was great and main reason why Aston Villa were pushing heavily to break into the "Top Four". Stephen Ireland would have been my 2nd choice, god knows where Manchester City would have been without his contribution, clearly their best player of the season by far

what a load of balls

I agree he was probably voted it because after all his years of service to football he hasnt won it, when he should have. To me this just shows how much respect he has from other footballers.

But your comment just sounds like pure bitterness.

I have to agree with DavidH - Professional Footballers' Association Player of the Year award - To be fair what has he done this year?
Over the years he has missed out and SHOULD have won it before now.....Theres no bitterness, as stated many other players have given more this year......But congratulations to him.....his fellow footballers thought he deserved it

for a starter i am not a sour scouser
he has hardly played this yr
12 games ffs
ronaldo deserved it more than him
so u can see i am not biased on this
he got it why??
he has been playing for 18yrs and has not won it

but in my eyes he should have won it
but in his hayday when he was playing good
should steve gerard have won it
i dont know again he has missed some games this yr but has scored a few goals and helped liverpool to some wins
so come on now
mancs lets see if u can be fair and say the truth
not just
cos he plays for us he should have won it (meaning giggsy)

He's actually played 24 times this season that's 3 less than Gerrard and had one of his most influential seasons as a utd player, slotting into the middle (learning a new trade) and dominating games. He owned the chelsea midfield in the 3-0 win. Ronaldo has played 30 games for utd and maybe was deserving of it, he did make the shortlist.
he got it why?? Because his fellow professionals voted for him or perhaps like you said in ure first post on this SAF has been round noshing off every single premiership player :yawn: Also a player of his age having such a superb season is something special, especially in the premier league. Maybe the guys that actually play in that league have a little more insight into the player of the year than you.

Dave you ARE a sour scouser :fredthered:

ps Giggsy has been put up for knighthood

Last edited:
SIR ALEX FERGUSON will tell his Manchester United players: Stop Cesc Fabregas and Theo Walcott and you can stop Arsenal.

Midfield playmaker Fabregas is back from injury – and back to his brilliant best, according to boss Arsene Wenger.

Ferguson, who watched Arsenal cruise past Middlesbrough at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday, said: “He played very, very well. He is a wonderful footballer.

“He’s taken a few games to get his rhythm back but I felt, on Sunday, he did very well.”

Ferguson admitted he had fancied signing Fabregas when he was a teenager. But he said: “Arsenal were in before us. We saw him in a youth tournament but he had already made a decision to go to Arsenal.

“I think you’re always interested in the best young players, sometimes you get them sometimes you don’t.”

As he prepared for United’s first all-English Champions League semi-final – they beat Chelsea in last season’s final – Ferguson also acknowledged the danger presented by another outstanding youngster, 20-year-old Walcott.

Tottenham’s Aaron Lennon gave United left-back Patrice Evra a torrid time on Saturday – and in-form Walcott will aim to do a similar job tonight.

Ferguson said: “Patrice is quick enough for that. He has played against Walcott a few times. We are all right with that.

“Listen, when you are playing against good players you have got to assess everything about them, in the sense of looking at the best way to oppose them.

“And we have to do our homework because the boy Walcott is very quick.

“He’s probably the quickest forward in England at the moment. We just have to prepare the right way.”

Ferguson renews the oldest managerial rivalry in the Premier League – 12 years – when Wenger brings his young Gunners to Old Trafford, though this is the first time the two men have pitted their wits on the European stage.

It promises to be a classic. The United boss said: “It’s an untypical semi-final because it is two English teams, but the principles are the same: you hope you win your home game and don’t lose a goal.

“That is always the case in a European tie. But it won’t be decided tomorrow, I feel sure of that. There will be a lot of football left at the Emirates Stadium.

“Looking at the tie itself, and looking at the players who will be on view, you almost think this is the perfect semi-final.

“It is full of terrific footballers and both teams play terrific football. It could be that way. It has an appetising look about it.

“I like the way Arsenal play. There are similarities in the way both teams play football.

“Both teams also believe in young players. We have now given eight players from our Academy debuts in the first team this season. That’s fantastic for a team challenging for honours the way that we have to.

“So the similarities are there strongly. And the history and traditions of both clubs have always been the highest.

“For years now we have looked over our shoulders at Arsenal and they looked over their shoulders at us.

“Now, we have Chelsea banging on the door and, this season, Liverpool are making a big effort.

“So, it is a very, very competitive league but ourselves and Arsenal over a long period have certainly been the dominant forces in English football.”

Ferguson made one thing plain. He will give Arsenal his utmost respect – even if others weren’t doing that as the Gunners struggled in the first half of the season.

“There is always a danger of that if a team is not actually challenging for the championship,” he said.

“But they are unbeaten in their last 20 league games, so they have a very good current record.

“This is why we have prepared the best possible way. “We think we have enough freshness in the team now.

“That period when we were playing quite a few games in a short space of time has now changed a little bit and the extra bit of rest is helping us.”

Fergie would not be drawn on the current state of his relationship with Wenger. The duo have clashed many times down the years after some feisty battles between the teams – including the infamous “Pizzagate” incident in October 2004, when Ferguson had pizza thrown over him from the Gunners’ dressing room after United’s 2-0 win.

“I don’t think that matters, what your relationship is with anyone, and that includes my players and their players, who know each other of course,” he added.

“Arsene has always stuck to his principles and I think that’s great credit to him.

“His consistency hasn’t changed and I think Arsenal have reaped the rewards of that for the last 12 years.

“Tomorrow they’ll do what they always do and have a go – no doubt about that.” Ferguson promised United will do the same.

“Football is about risk. You can see how often we’ve taken risks over the years,” he said.

“It’s part of Manchester United. You’ve got to risk to win games. Not a problem for me, that.

“I’ve seen us many times in the last 15 minutes of matches having centre- halves playing centre-forward and going gung-ho. It’s always worth it to win a game.”

Asked about the criticism of Wenger when Arsenal were having problems in the autumn, Ferguson quipped: “Well, that’s the cynical world we’re in now.

“Don’t forget you had me out the door three years ago. Bloody hell! You had me in a bath chair down on Torquay beach.”

That was after United crashed out at the group stage in 2006. Now it’s a different story as they bid to become the first club to retain the Champions League.

“I never knew that was the case,” said Ferguson. “Therefore, you say it would be great if we could be the one to do that. I think it’s quite exciting for us.”

Whats goin on with Fergie and Wenger ffs they used to be at each other throats but nowadays there all but bummin each other suppose lafa should take it as a compliment that Fergies turned his attentions to him !!!!!
Anyway big night tonight and the sun is shining in Salford im expecting united to try and keep it tight but the gooners only really have one way of playing football and that's attack. These two ties could be absolute blinders if both teams decide to go for it and come the 2nd leg i think thats whats going to happen. Id like to not concede at OT but our defending and arsenals attacking keeps pointing me to a 2-1 united win. We should have enough over 2 legs but it's football and you just never know. Seat of the pants time here we come im off for a shower and some dutch courage.

Whats goin on with Fergie and Wenger ffs they used to be at each other throats but nowadays there all but bummin each other suppose lafa should take it as a compliment that Fergies turned his attentions to him !!!!!
Anyway big night tonight and the sun is shining in Salford im expecting united to try and keep it tight but the gooners only really have one way of playing football and that's attack. These two ties could be absolute blinders if both teams decide to go for it and come the 2nd leg i think thats whats going to happen. Id like to not concede at OT but our defending and arsenals attacking keeps pointing me to a 2-1 united win. We should have enough over 2 legs but it's football and you just never know. Seat of the pants time here we come im off for a shower and some dutch courage.

i think we will see both teams attack unlike last night where Chelsea rightly so decided to contain Barca today the 2 teams will be going for it.

This Fergie and Wenger thing is NOT going to last over the 2 legs in my opinion

Teams announced

Man Utd team

..............................VDS..........................

..O'Shea..............Rio...........Vidic.........Evra

.........Fletcher.......Carrick...........Anderson...

.....Ronaldo.............Tevez........Rooney.........

---------------------------------------------------------
...........................Adebayor...............................

..........................Fabregas................................

..Nasri..........Diaby.........Song............Walcott.......

.....Gibbs......Silvestre.....Toure.......Sangya........

..............................Almunia..............................

Last edited:
what a midfield display by anderson, i thought he was terrific and he ran the Utd midfield especially in the first half and arsenal players couldnt even get close.... He's gona be some player in the future...

Game should hv been wrapped up tonight, just hope the missed opportunities dont come back to haunt us.. Makes for a great game of footy in the next leg, barca/chelski also well poised...

Sometimes I don't know what to make of Anderson. In some matches he goes missing but tonight he was 1st class, totally dominated the whole midfield in the 1st half, I was surprised he was subbed but I guess Fergie was trying to get a 2nd goal so wanted someone more attacking. Anderson is more like a defensive midfielder. A real good job done by him for such a young player.

Gooners were poor 1st half but improved vastly in 2nd half, I couldnt believe they were not using Walcotts pace more. Adeybayor was pants tonight. I don't even have to ask what MickieD's opinion of him tonight was, I know the air would have been blue...lol

Good performance and in all honesty the score line makes Arsenal look good!

We should have scored more but a combination of good saves andaverage finishing meant there was no second goal for us. I still think we have a great chance especially if we go to the Emirates and score early i can't see Arsenal scoring 3 past us and the defense of Arsenal would struggle to contain us so we are very likely to score.

Anderson is a very good player who is going to prove to be one of the best in the World mark my works that guy is a talent he has it all other then a goal lol!

Back