Manchester United thread

i am back

Just wanted to say this Tevez deal is really pi**ing me off!

The latest news on it is

Manchester United's bid to sign Carlos Tevez has become 'over-complicated', according to chief executive David Gill.

The Premier League champions are trying to push through a deal for the Argentine striker following his fine end to last season with West Ham United.

He is due to undergo a medical at Old Trafford later this week after the Copa America concluded on Sunday with Argentina's 3-0 final defeat to Brazil.

But there remains an issue with his contractual situation with West Ham holding his registration, and Kia Joorabchian his economic rights.

United chief executive Gill remains hopeful that the matter will be resolved with Tevez being added to Sir Alex Ferguson's squad for the new season.

Gill, though, also lamented the protracted nature of the deal, admitting the club are working with four parties in an effort to finalise the transfer.

"We are working on it," said Gill. "In my opinion, it has become over-complicated.

"Effectively, we are trying to work with four parties; the player, West Ham, the company who own Carlos' economic rights and the Premier League in order to sort it out.

"The process is ongoing. The player will have a medical at some point this week, then we will take it from there.

"We still have to sort out the paperwork, but we are confident that can be achieved in the course of the next week or so."

Also Heinze wants to leave as Fergie confirmed today!!! I must say its going to be a big loss for us due to Heinze's versatility!

Wekcome back RON ,pleased to see you back mate, make sure you keep your Kool this time, i enjoyed your posts and hope you have many more enjoyable ones.
Dont let anyone get to to you this time m8.

i think we will still sign tevez, but if we dont i still think we will get a class foreward. Looking foreward to a good attacking season.

i am back

Just wanted to say this Tevez deal is really pi**ing me off!

The latest news on it is

Manchester United's bid to sign Carlos Tevez has become 'over-complicated', according to chief executive David Gill.

The Premier League champions are trying to push through a deal for the Argentine striker following his fine end to last season with West Ham United.

He is due to undergo a medical at Old Trafford later this week after the Copa America concluded on Sunday with Argentina's 3-0 final defeat to Brazil.

But there remains an issue with his contractual situation with West Ham holding his registration, and Kia Joorabchian his economic rights.

United chief executive Gill remains hopeful that the matter will be resolved with Tevez being added to Sir Alex Ferguson's squad for the new season.

Gill, though, also lamented the protracted nature of the deal, admitting the club are working with four parties in an effort to finalise the transfer.

"We are working on it," said Gill. "In my opinion, it has become over-complicated.

"Effectively, we are trying to work with four parties; the player, West Ham, the company who own Carlos' economic rights and the Premier League in order to sort it out.

"The process is ongoing. The player will have a medical at some point this week, then we will take it from there.

"We still have to sort out the paperwork, but we are confident that can be achieved in the course of the next week or so."

Also Heinze wants to leave as Fergie confirmed today!!! I must say its going to be a big loss for us due to Heinze's versatility!

well come back mate

First of all i saw the first friedly today against Urawa Red Diamonds, thought it was a good game considering its only a friendly, fergy put out a good team of first team players, i thought the players done well considering , first game and the 15 hour travlling.
Rooney missed a couple of great chances.

the final score was 2-2, a worthy result i thought, fergie didnt play any of the newbies, he`s keeping that till friday.

also can Blackmail read some other threads on some kiddie forum , this thread is too advanced for him, LOL

Can some one tell me why Jeffers100 has been banned please.

United seem set to lose defender Gaby Heinze too with the scousers very much interested. Also it appears United are interested in yet another Argentine player this time a goal keeper.

Below are links

Click here for Heinze news

Click here for Argentine goal keeper

Also Kieran Richardson has left United for Sunderland for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of £5 million

Welcome back Ronnie....bet you didnt enjoy your wee holiday, nice to see you back anyway.

As for Tevez....please give us a chance...lol

Buy who you want, its coming home its coming home.

Also Kieran Richardson has left United for Sunderland for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of £5 million

Heard about this under the following headline.

Charlie entered the big brother house the cousin of a Manchester United player, watch her face drop when she finds out she's now the cousin of a Sunderland player.

No disrespect to Sunderland but that one tickled me.

When are we going to get a look at utd's new signings i was hoping Hargreaves or Nani would get ten minutes against Urawawa but no, guess well have to wait till Friday, maybe in vain. Fergie was quite positive about the Tevez deal though after the Urawawa game so you never know maybe its not just a media circus. An i dont know about anyone else but i dont like these far east trips in pre season, why would you want to give your players jet lag twice before a season kicks off, its madness unless you sell enough man u merchandise to sink a small island. I wonder why they go lol.

Charlie entered the big brother house the cousin of a Manchester United player, watch her face drop when she finds out she's now the cousin of a Sunderland player.

No disrespect to Sunderland but that one tickled me.

When are we going to get a look at utd's new signings i was hoping Hargreaves or Nani would get ten minutes against Urawawa but no, guess well have to wait till Friday, maybe in vain. Fergie was quite positive about the Tevez deal though after the Urawawa game so you never know maybe its not just a media circus. An i dont know about anyone else but i dont like these far east trips in pre season, why would you want to give your players jet lag twice before a season kicks off, its madness unless you sell enough man u merchandise to sink a small island. I wonder why they go lol.

its all down to money mate, in the Urawa game there was 60,000 fans in the full stadium, just about everyone had a UTD shirt on, that says it all
How many couldnt get a ticket also.

Latest News on Tevez transfer!

Carlos Tevez is to plead with Fifa to be allowed to join Manchester United after seeing his 30 million pound move tied up in red tape that could wreck his hopes of starting the season at Old Trafford.

Tevez, who flew into Manchester to undergo a medical on Tuesday only for West Ham to block permission, continues to be the subject of a tug-of-war between West Ham and Media Sports Investments, which holds his economic rights.

While West Ham own the Argentina forward's registration, the issue of who stands to receive a transfer fee from United remains unresolved.

With the Premier League campaign due to begin on August 11, both West Ham and Tevez are now set to take the matter to FIFA.

And United chief executive David Gill admits that the Premiership champions are confident that Tevez will ultimately be allowed to join the club before the transfer window closes on August 31.

"The situation regarding Carlos Tevez, following a lot of discussions at the Premier League over the last few days between West Ham, the Premier League and our club solicitor, Maurice Watkins, is that the player and West Ham will take the matter to the FIFA Disputes Resolution Chamber and we are hoping that it will be done on an expedited basis," said Gill.

"We are very confident that the issue will be resolved in favour of the player and for him to achieve his and our wish to join Manchester United.

"Based on what we have seen and the discussions we have had, we are very confident it will go in Carlos Tevez's favour and that he will be part of Sir Alex Ferguson's squad next season," added Gill, who is in Seoul.

"I'm not certain on the timescale of all this, but I have spoken to Maurice Watkins and he tells us that it can two weeks to arrange for the body to form and be arranged and papers on the case to be pulled together."

With Tevez currently in Manchester awaiting the medical that has now been postponed, Gill admits that the player is likely to fly out of England once again to enjoy a break.

"Carlos has not undergone a medical and he will probably now take a well-earned break with his family because the plan, had he signed for us by now, had always been for him join up with the squad after we had returned from our tour of Asia later this month," he said.

"He has clearly had a long season with West Ham and has just played in the Copa America, so I can only presume that he will be going somewhere exotic with his family.

"But we remain confident that, by the time the season starts, Carlos Tevez will be training with us at Carrington."

When are we going to get a look at utd's new signings i was hoping Hargreaves or Nani would get ten minutes against Urawawa but no, guess well have to wait till Friday, maybe in vain.

The reason for Hargreaves not playing is he has a very very minor knock with his knee and as for Nani he is carrying a wee ankle knock but could play on Friday.

Hargreaves is unlikely to participate in the next game but Nani has a possible chance. Both players are not playing as precautions it's nowt serious.

Anderson will join the rest of the squad when they return back from the far east. It is likely Anderson may be involved in the game v Inter Milan

Heinze not going to liverpool says Sir Alex.

Just as i was telling all my mates that no way would man utd sell players to Liverpool, and the same as Liverpool will not sell to Man Utd

its only ever been done about 6 times in the past.

Fergie hints at departures

By Lewis Rutledge - Created on 19 Jul 2007

ferguson_cheeky.jpg

Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that Alan Smith and Giuseppe Rossi could leave Manchester United.

Smith made a number of useful contributions towards the end of last season after returning from injury, while Giuseppe Rossi has long been tipped as a star of the future.

However, competition for places up front is already fierce at Old Trafford and United are hoping to bring in Carlos Tevez before the transfer window closes.

Ferguson has yet to make a decision on Smith or Rossi and is looking to keep his options for as long as possible, but he accepts it could be difficult to keep both players.

"We have had offers for Giuseppe, which puts us in a bit of a situation, while the quandary with Alan surrounds his long-term future and getting regular games," Ferguson explained.

"There is no doubt Alan did fantastically well for us when he came back last season.

"He gave the team a spiritual lift and because he is such a fighter, he was an inspiration to us. But he is 26 now and he wants regular football.

"I have to look at Manchester United in terms of how do we improve to get better. And when someone like Tevez comes along, it makes it difficult for people like Alan and Giuseppe in particular.

"The most important thing is that they are our players and we can make decisions when we like."

Parma are eager to sign Rossi after he impressed on loan there last season, while Middlesbrough are reportedly leading the chase for Smith.

alan smith would do well at most clubs, but i think he will go to the North East, either , Sunderland, Newcastle, Boro.

thats only if we sign a top Striker or the Teves transfer goes ahead

i really hope Rossi stay i ain't too bothered about Smith but Rossi is quality also i hope we keep defender Gerrard Pique as he looks quality.

Hey Ronny, i prefer Evans than pique, Evans had a fantastic season for Sunderland last season, the sunderland fans are gutted he has come back to man utd, he was theire best player.

Back