Manchester United thread

I said to a few of my other fellow United supporters before the season started we would have no chance of finishing in the top 4 under Moyes and unfortunately it looks as though i'm going to be correct. Anyhow, Moyes has improved on the squad he inherited from Fergie and still doesn't have a scooby do what to do with the players and where to play them. We were league champions last year, that squad does not turn to sh1t over night so in my eyes its all down to Moyes and his staff.

I'm flabbergasted at Moyes latest comment that Fergie would have struggled with this squad, Fergie was in the Champions league of managers and Moyes is no where near that level, the sooner he is given the boot the better! I don't want to see Moyes remain any longer or be given any more money for him to spend on players and then play them out of position like he seems to do with Mata.

As for a replacement, i'd like to give the job to someone who likes to try and play better football than we do under Moyes (that could be anyone though). My Preferences would be Klopp, Hiddink, Bielsa, Simone, or De Boer. I think if we do go for a foreign manager its a must that they can speak that language as well.

personally think another season for moyes will sort it

:whistle:

Klopp would be my choice as well but I didnt think he was available?

Then again throw enough money at him ;)

p.s. part of me still wants Moyes to turn it around,but at this stage I think I'm deluded :(

United set out today like an Away team, no pressure on the defense positional-wise.

Really should be two strikers up front at home to get at them imo.

He's going to get another season and the danger is he's being given the keys to that warchest we've known only in myth. Could be a total disaster.

have faith lads

next season will be a good one

ye been spoilt

should look forward to the new Man Utd next season

ohh for your mid week nights you could always watch the elite & aspire to beating them next season

:Cheers:

We won't be playing on Thursdays at this rate, Newcastle and Southampton away will see to that.
Will do a few of the younger generation of fans who have known only Ferguson a bit of good though. Number 21 will be the best title in years.

Will do a few of the younger generation of fans who have known only Ferguson a bit of good though. Number 21 will be the best title in years.

Very true, the genuine United fans are the ones that supported them when they were relegated to the old Second Division, not the johnny-come-latelies who think that success is a God given right.

Very true, the genuine United fans are the ones that supported them when they were relegated to the old Second Division, not the johnny-come-latelies who think that success is a God given right.

Loved that year ! It was a chest out, "We're only visiting, check out our style !" season, and I only missed 2 games home and away all that season even though we were banned from many of the away games !
We not only considered ourselves "Cock O' the North" we "Ruled the World" the pride in our team was unwavering, but the big, big difference between then and now was the style of play.............................."Attack, Attack, Attack Attack Attack !" was our Chant and our Style !
If Moyes adopted that style and we were still losing at least we would still have belief.

I would love an insight into a United fans mind when Sexton had us, the similarities when I talk to fans of a certain era is astounding,

I would love an insight into a United fans mind when Sexton had us, the similarities when I talk to fans of a certain era is astounding,

How dare you be so young!

B*st*rd :(

Sent from my N003 using Tapatalk

Yes, there are certain similarities. Dave Sexton was a really decent nice man and quite approachable and he loved football and could see the potential in players, but his tactics and style of football just did not suit United. He was a dependable, honest, polite and quiet mannered man and unfortunately that was also the way he liked his team and tactics, which was ideal for a team that wished to establish its self in the top level and manage to stay there, but United are a team that need to be alive, attacking and entertaining. We are about flair, the flashes of genius, the movement that has the heart racing, the something a little bit different, excitement, brashness and chest out PRIDE !!!
Look at all the managers that the fans have liked, Sir Matt, Tommy Docherty, Ron Atkinson and of course Fergie, they have had flair, been outspoken, believed and said we were the best (even when we blatently weren't) and have all wanted the players to express themselves on the field.
Even Sir Matt was this compared to most managers of the time, we have had the nice guys at he helm, they have known their football, they were not incompetent but they were not right for United, Wilf McGuinness........a Gentleman and wonderful player and servant to the club; Frank O,Farrell another quiet spoken Gent with playing and managing experience, and of course Dave Sexton.
United is not for the shrinking violet, the Manager needs to be the same as what we want from the team, Flair, Flash and Panache and the belief we are the Best no matter how we perform !!!

Moyes sacked !!!

jupp heynckes will come out of retirement and replace him in June, sheeeeeit...................
Giggsy in as interim

Happy April fools day everyone, looking forward to tonight's tie with dread.

Back