Manchester United thread

What a performance just when it was needed.come in no.19!!!
I for one was critical of Giggs in the earlier part of the season when he looked slow and gave the ball away a lot.i said it was time to hang up his boots but boy has he made me eat my words.what he has instilled apart from his skills is a calm among his teammates when 'squeaky bum' time arrived,in premiership and europe.one thing i never gave him credit for was makin space for himself-maybe he has learned a bit off rooney with that-but yesterday in particular he just kept poppin up.
Chico and Rooney could have had hat-tricks but for some slack finishing but its great when you can do that in a game of that magnitude and still win,such was the superiority of the team in general.
Thought Carrick had a crackin game too and Park was outstanding.'No Frills' Valencia did a great job on the right again - how often did you see Cole rampaging down the left?
Defence was solid and VDS was as reliable as ever.
There is a chance of beating Barca but only if we play as good as this for the whole game - or maybe even better,who knows...

x610.jpg

:nopity:LOL

It really was a great team performance and possibly the team has just picked it's self for the final (with Evra in of course). Park was simply everywhere with his energy and some great touches to boot, I have been made to eat my words with regards to him. Valencia also had Cole in his pocket (again lol) and was his usual efficient self, he is another player that I questioned the signing of but he really is a great asset going either way. Rooney once again proved his worth finding space and holding the ball and with Giggs running the show behind him Chelsea simply couldn't handle us. Chico was amazing and to come on cold and score after 30 seconds in a game of that magnitude really underlines what a diamond Fergie has unearthed.
Ian Hollaway must have enjoyed that too lol as now we can basically win the title at Ewood Park and if so we can maybe make "a few changes" for the visit of his Blackpool side last day lmao.
I seriously believe that this Barca side is not on the same level as the team we faced in 2009 and we have a huge chance. They are proven beatable as Madrid recently (copa del rey) and earlier on Arsenal have already shown. If we can get about them and nullify Iniesta then Barcelona simply don't function as well and then we will have a massive chance on the counter.

To me,that setup is made for Giggs and to an extent Michael Carrick. Park does the oppresive work,Rooney and Chico keep the opposition defence at a distance and pull them all over the place.This allows Giggs to play at his new(old lol) pace and orchestrate.Carrick does,as he used to,sweeps up and picks his passes better.You can see by players attitude that they love Valencia in that team.I think long term,if utd could find a left sided version of Valencia and a midfielder who plays like Giggs in his present capacity it would be crackin.

I see they have already adopted this..

There has been an internet campaign launched from a well known Utd forum to get that song to Number 1 just in case Utd become champions for the 19th time lol.
Paul Hardcastle (Chelsea fan lol) said this on twitter

I'm asking EMI to put proceeds to Charity, I see it then as a good cause, Anyway we will have the title back in 2012 ha-ha

@HardcastleMusicpaul hardcastle

So it seems The Utd Fans are serious about about this campaign, I will ask EMI to put the proceeds to Charity, hopefully they will agree PH

How weird that 19 was knocked from no 1 by a Charity song you'l never walk alone !!!

77 now ! you lot are serious about this aren't you !!!

You crazy Mancs may just pull this off !!! lol I will Ask EMI to give to charity BTW in 4 hours from 112 to 56 I tunes chart !

Just watching this Man U 19 thing happening AMAZING to say the least never seen so many tweets !

The song is 99p from itunes and is currently at No 41 if anyone fancies boosting it up the charts. I have paid my pound ;)

How refreshin that someone could do that for charity instead of milkin it. Hats off to you Mr H. and good on ya! I bought the original and will do it again-cheers!

How refreshin that someone could do that for charity instead of milkin it. Hats off to you Mr H. and good on ya! I bought the original and will do it again-cheers!

I had it on vinyl back in the day as well but ive also bought the itunes version to help boost it along ;) Might buy it a couple more times as well lol it's now up to 37 lol has a good chance ;)

Spread the word

On a different point whoever that was just before I am currently having a weeks holiday pmsl

I had it on vinyl back in the day as well but ive also bought the itunes version to help boost it along ;) Might buy it a couple more times as well lol it's now up to 37 lol has a good chance ;)

Spread the word

I think you can only download 2 copies from itunes for each account for it to count in charts, and 3 copies on hmv and there are other online charts that count to main chartlists.

I think you can only download 2 copies from itunes for each account for it to count in charts, and 3 copies on hmv and there are other online charts that count to main chartlists.

Cheers RAB everyone in the household has an Ipod each, surely you can download a copy for each player ?

Also there is a facebook page for this which can be shared and it's all over twitter pmsl.

I think you can download as many as you want but only 2 will count towards chart position

I just know it's 2 per account because Rangers fans were doing a charity one the other week.

Cheers mt are you going to buy it considering the song you'll never walk alone knocked it off the number 1 spot last time round ;)

Has it been confirmed that proceeds will go to charity? All i've read is he will ask the record company if it's ok for this to happen, but you know how big record companies are about potential profits

Has it been confirmed that proceeds will go to charity? All i've read is he will ask the record company if it's ok for this to happen, but you know how big record companies are about potential profits

Cant find anything on what EMI have said they will do with the proceeds, hopefully they will honor Hardcastle's request we shall see. Either way the song is now up to Number 18 pmsl (the irony) and this looks to be on.

19.jpg

Last edited:
Back