Manchester City Thread

Well the Scousers did have a 30 year wait :)

City fans must be disappointed with that.
Where was the team that terrorised PSG in the semi?
And Pep, what were you thinking with that team selection

Pep got his tactics wrong, no holding mid and playing Sterling a player he's left out for large parts of the season was wrong. James put him in his pocket and zipped it up. No No9 showed last night and City were toothless up front with 1 shot on goal with no forward to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen.

Is Harry Kane heading to City?, they need need a forward for sure

Pep got his tactics wrong, no holding mid and playing Sterling a player he's left out for large parts of the season was wrong. James put him in his pocket and zipped it up. No No9 showed last night and City were toothless up front with 1 shot on goal with no forward to grab the game by the scruff of the neck and make something happen.

Is Harry Kane heading to City?, they need need a forward for sure
Spot on mate, City are lucky to also win the Premier league with all this rotation of teams. Sterling is a very selfish player he would rather run through a brick wall rather than pass to a team mate. Pity Sergio didn't get a better send off but they only have the Manager to blame for that again.

Spot on mate, City are lucky to also win the Premier league with all this rotation of teams. Sterling is a very selfish player he would rather run through a brick wall rather than pass to a team mate. Pity Sergio didn't get a better send off but they only have the Manager to blame for that again.
On the bright side it is progress

ye need to grab pep by the curlys & say stop messing about lol
guessing he played sterling as a swan song & telling him ye no longer part of my plans beat it

If Pep had pulled it off playing no holding mid players he'd have been called a "tactical genius" but it backfired. It was though he wanted Chelsea to turn their heads like a confused dog and fold.

To suddenly change his set up after such a successful season was baffling to all. Rather than baffle Chelsea it encouraged them to push forward knowing the defence would be under more pressure than usual.

I think deep down Pep knew early doors he'd f##ked up bigtime and there was no going back.

Peps now at the stage at City we're a few key players Silva, Aguero leave a few more are 30+ and some more are not performing at the levels he requires, Sterling been one.

For me they will need to strengthen big time in the summer and I can see some huge players heading over to the Etihad.
They say money doesn't guarantee you success but if you look through the top 10 spending managers of all time it's no conincindence the same mangers are the most successful

I honestly think after last night Kane is nailed on. Its similar to Van Persie bought for 1 purpose only, in Kane's case the Champions League.
Me?, I'd go for Haaland. I think kane's showing the signs of long hard seasons and the injuries are slowly creeping in.

Some of those goals by Haaland make you sit up and go wow!, very Ibrahimovic like.

Let's hope the England manager watched last night because there was 3 that would be nailed on in my book for a start in the Euro's

I honestly think after last night Kane is nailed on. Its similar to Van Persie bought for 1 purpose only, in Kane's case the Champions League.
Me?, I'd go for Haaland. I think kane's showing the signs of long hard seasons and the injuries are slowly creeping in.

Some of those goals by Haaland make you sit up and go wow!, very Ibrahimovic like.

Let's hope the England manager watched last night because there was 3 that would be nailed on in my book for a start in the Euro's
I think Haaland will be a flop in the PL like many great players before him

Kane with his glass ankles i would avoid mega money with no sell on value

unless he delivers a treble of course

Rarely do big clubs make money on players they sign for big bucks. But your right about Kane, Spurs chairman Levy made an gentlemans agreement with Kane that if he signs a long deal (which he did) he could leave this year.
But, that would only be if clubs meet their valuation. The problem with that is, how many clubs have the money 2? 3?.
Merson hit the nail on the head. He said Kane already knows we're he's going. He wouldn't say he wants to leave then crawl back with egg on his face if no one comes in for him.
He knows we're and I think it City.

Back