Man stabbed to death chasing muggers in east London

A true hero who paid with his life. My condolences to his family and friends.

A man doing a good deed and look where it gets him. RIP

So sorry to hear this munkey

There wont be justice strong enough in this country to proper punish the wankers that done this.

My brother in law best mates mum was stabbed in the heart outside her house at the tail end of last year and you can see the devastation that it causes. We need to crack down on this knife culture that is in this country fast and prompt.

Last edited:
While I agree with what you mean Thommo, we would then have another problem, the London Tube bombers and attempted bombers were all home grown young British Muslims, if we had national service we would have the potential to have fully military trained terrorists among us, we give these coonts to much already without training them as well ;)

Totally agree why teach this scum

it funny how we slag the middle east off about there laws and where have are law got us .. fookin no where ,, chop there fookin hands off and bring back hanging

spot on m8

im pretty sure if we had this in place, the amount off crime will drop dramitically

A man doing a good deed and look where it gets him. RIP

So sorry to hear this munkey

There wont be justice strong enough in this country to proper punish the wankers that done this.

My brother in law best mates mum was stabbed in the heart outside her house at the tail end of last year and you can see the devastation that it causes. We need to crack down on this knife culture that is in this country fast and prompt.

That was a shocking read, very sorry to hear that mate.

Thank you gents for all the comments.

I had a chat with some of the elders and we discussed what would have caused Mr Singh to chase the robber. In India when there is a purse snatch or someone gets mugged it is customary for people to give chase to try and apprehend the thief, once done the police are usually called and it is decided by the victim the best course of action to take. Usually the victim agrees to dishing out some beats with a big stick and then letting the crowd have a go before the beaten up thief is let go. It's this type of culture which would have lead to Mr Singh giving chase.

The other rather bizarre thought on everyone's mind was 'now that the police are here will immigration be turning up' I'm surprised that the media haven't gone to town on his nationality and residential status as the story clearly mentions that he is an Indian national who has been in the UK for 10 years as a builder. I guess the words of illegal immigrant and hero cannot be used in the same headline. Some people mentioned he had a visa others say he was here just to earn for his family.

It's all rather sad and I guess none of that matters now. RIP Mr Singh.

he sounds like a man that would of been an asset to the uk ..

The other rather bizarre thought on everyone's mind was 'now that the police are here will immigration be turning up' I'm surprised that the media haven't gone to town on his nationality and residential status as the story clearly mentions that he is an Indian national who has been in the UK for 10 years as a builder. I guess the words of illegal immigrant and hero cannot be used in the same headline. Some people mentioned he had a visa others say he was here just to earn for his family.

It's all rather sad and I guess none of that matters now. RIP Mr Singh.

Does not matter if he had a visa or not its just so sad to here such a tradgedy a honest working man doing good pays with his life for a crime someone commited. The morons who done this should be hung petty sentences mean there is no fear these days and cause of this out pops a knife or gun.

Now that womens bag could have been replaced but people can't ever be replaced which is the sad thing what he did takes great courage and unfortunately in the end he lost his life because of these heartless thugs.

Condolences to Mr Singh' family.

The thing is though, if you were in that situation to help and did nothing, would people call you a coward?

Catch 22 situation methinks but, personally I would help.

So so sad :(

RIP Sukhwinder Singh

I commute through Barking most days when I am at University and it has got worse... ! a lot worse even over the last year.

I have done what Mr Singh did before but followed in my car and called in the police on the control room number we have at St John ambulance so was not really seen.

Its so sad that someone trying to help another is taken in such a violant mannor !

Feel fo you Munky, its tragic when this type of thing happens to a stranger but to a friend its even worse :(

RIP

Sorry to hear about your pal Munkey and after seeing Rodbouys post it makes you wonder what the fook is happening in this country.
It really frightens me at the amount of idiots carrying knives these days but what frightens me more is there lack of respect for human life.

Jail doesn't scare them as its a holiday camp and lets face it they get a life sentence and are usually out within half that time so there is nothing for them to fear.

I see a lot of it at the council project i help out on and it scares the shit out of me.
We had a couple of incidents where kids came to the class carrying knives and talking like little cardboard gangsters but i had no doubt that they would do what they said.
Our class is next door to the community wardens office and thankfully they do have the right to search anyone on council property so the problem got sorted and the idiots were removed.

We had one lad who had served a few years for serious assault when he hit a girl in the face with an axe and he told our teacher that he missed prison as he enjoyed being held to a strict routine and also felt good because he was working all day.
He said that when he came out of prison he was bored as he had no job and his mum was a drunk so he had no guidance and turned to drugs and crime.
He said that when he took a load of valium and booze it caused him to go into fits of rage and blackouts and anyone in his path was a potential victim.
He is now back in prison and serving 5yrs for serious assault again.

I think the comments about putting these thugs in the army are valid as these clowns need guidance,structure and discipline aswell as morals as they are not getting them at home from parents who are often as bad as them.
Our education system needs to be sharpened up at detecting them at school level and new rules brought in to deal with it.
The last couple of generations have slumped in the social scale and the kids are becoming more rotten and more violent as a result and people like Mr Singh are paying the ultimate price.

RIP Mr Singh

Back