Making my own bouquet using Open Webif

Rex the Wolf

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

My Zgemma H2.s arrived with a channel list/bouquet already installed. Its Ok but I want to reconfigure the Entertainment and Sports sections. I want the HD versions of FTA channels eg. BBC, Channel 4, etc appear at the top of the Entertainment section. Similarly with the Sports section I need to configure the the SD versions to appear first. I'm not too bothered about other sections - they will do as they are for now.

I managed to do most of this manually a few days ago using the Zgemma controller. It was time consuming and then the following day all of my changes reverted back. This must be due to some auto-scan but I dont see where this is changed.

I've now discovered Open Webif and have created a bouquet "My List" but cannot see how to populate this bouquet with the existing sections and channels. I thought it should be possible to copy and paste or drag and drop these, but I cannot see how. Also I will want to make this the default bouquet and prevent it from being overwritten when if a new scan is performed. Pity there's no help or FAQs for Open Webif, it seems to be a good tool for programming the box.

:Cheers:

Yeah they will revert back as you've found out.
I tried doing that at the beginning and couldn't do it using AutoBouquetMaker I just ended up adding the channels I wanted to the favourites

Thanks Steveuk23. I'll have another go at the Open Webif tomorrow. If I have any luck I'll let you know. Thanks

if you use the built-in ABM

Is sources select sky (your area) sd

then further down "swop channels" , select yes.

this will make the bouquets in SD and swop any channel that has a free HD version, like BBC1 etc...

this would give you BBC1 , BBC 2 etc in HD and movies , sports in SD

is this what your wnating to do?

if you use the built-in ABM

Is sources select sky (your area) sd

then further down "swop channels" , select yes.

this will make the bouquets in SD and swop any channel that has a free HD version, like BBC1 etc...

this would give you BBC1 , BBC 2 etc in HD and movies , sports in SD

is this what your wnating to do?

Thank you very much. Thats exactly what I wanted to do.

There are a few more tweaks I would like to do - for example list my most watched channels in the order I want them. I can do this using the Enable Move Mode but is there a way of preventing the ordering being changed in the daily re-scan

:Cheers:
RTW

I dont know, i like it to look like a sly box so don't mess with the bouquets.

Disable the daily scan maybe?

Agree with @buzzer.
Why mess around with something that doesn't need messed up.
Why you using open webif?
I use open webif if I want to stream of the box to my phone or other devices on my network.

Its a simple setup.
It will just be like sly box.
In menu settings set bouquets as ROI in HD then local area in SD.
Carry out a scan then download your EPG (recommend HDD) I use openatv then reboot box then sorted.
Your bouquets will be the way it should be.
You will not have HD at the start of movies and so on.

Last edited:
Hi River4ever
The only reason I was contemplating open webid was that it was recommended in another thread. The whole concept of bouquets was completely foreign to me(previously used Open Box). It seems to me as a newbie to Zgemma that there is a great need for some sort of manual/series of tutorials that would guide new users through the basics. Most of the forums seem to assume that every has a certain level of knowledge of the product. I for one do not.

Anyway that's my gripe of the day. Again many thanks to you and Buzzer I am now sorted

Back