Macs?

clive58

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've managed to get a SB5101e modem hacked with the 250 f/w working on a known working mac at mine but as the modem is my brothers, after I take it to his, it stops working :(
My Bro' is in Collier Row (Romford ish Essex.) and I've tried macs from Barking & Hornchurch areas and macs gentlex gave me but they dont work for him :(
Do I need macs from a particular area for him as before?

He has a Cable tv box with a working mac but I dont know the config for it to be able to test it on the modem at his, can this be done?

Using the 250 configurator, do I enter all macs in thier original form of
cmreg-ntlhm120-mid.cm
cmreg-ntlhm120-light.cm
OR should it be:
cmreg-ntlhm250-mid.cm
cmreg-ntlhm250-light.cm
because of the 250 emulation?

Also the tftp ip settings are unknow to me because I havent found a working mac at his yet so:
does anyone know what the tftp ip is for his area?

My tftp ip isnt 62.255.64.20 as expected, and he is in a different ubr to me so I dont know his tftp ip.
Is there a way to find out what his tftp ip is without being on a working mac?

Clive.

theres a list of tftp i,ps in the sticky

I've managed to get a SB5101e modem hacked with the 250 f/w working on a known working mac at mine but as the modem is my brothers, after I take it to his, it stops working :(
My Bro' is in Collier Row (Romford ish Essex.) and I've tried macs from Barking & Hornchurch areas and macs gentlex gave me but they dont work for him :(

He has a Cable tv box with a working mac but I dont know the config for it to be able to test it on the modem at his, can this be done?

cmreg-ntlhm120-mid.cm
cmreg-ntlhm120-light.cm
OR should it be:
cmreg-ntlhm250-mid.cm
cmreg-ntlhm250-light.cm

Also the tftp ip settings are unknow to me because I havent found a working mac at his yet so:

My tftp ip isnt 62.255.64.20 as expected, and he is in a different ubr to me so I dont know his tftp ip.

Clive.
if u just put the macs in as they are and dont force config then the mac will find its own config also it will find its own tftp server

cmreg-ntlhm120-mid.cm
cmreg-ntlhm120-light.cm
OR should it be:
cmreg-ntlhm250-mid.cm
cmreg-ntlhm250-light.cm

Clive.

use ambitconfig0.971beta
if u just put the macs in as they are and dont force config then the mac will find its own config also it will find its own tftp server

use ambitconfig0.971beta
hiya john, the ambit tool wont work on the 5101!!! only the 250configurator....

@clive

since ur in an ex c&w area u dont need a working mac to get tftp ip... just use any mac and leave the config file and tftp ip boxes blank and untick force cfg box... and once u write ur settings go to ur local area connection and right click on status /support/details and u will see dhcp server (tftp ip)... just post it if its different to urs

sorry clive,
thx gentlex

@clive

since ur in an ex c&w area u dont need a working mac to get tftp ip... just use any mac and leave the config file and tftp ip boxes blank and untick force cfg box... and once u write ur settings go to ur local area connection and right click on status /support/details and u will see dhcp server (tftp ip)... just post it if its different to urs

@clive

I went over his, tried it and it didnt work :(
I keep getting 192.168.100.1 as my ip and no correct tftp ip.
When I left the tftp ip and config settings blank,
then read the modem again in the 250 configurator, it reset itself to the last settings.
:(
Woe is me lol.
Any ideas? I'm running out of petrol lol

Clive.

hi m8, check that a local area connection is set to optain an ip automatically... also did u untick force tftp ip box on the 250configurator??? once u untick the box and add a mac and ur frequency 586750000 and annex mode A it should locked on to the upstream and downstream frequencies and once its lock on both frequencies u should be able to get the tftp ip from the local area connection, but if the mac is no good in his area then it should take u straight to the VM reg page...

if u can m8 go to 192.168. 100.1 and post the connection status so we can take a look

UPDATE:

I tried it again and I'm still not getting anything, I just get a tftp ip of 192.168.100.1 etc.
I tried both freq' of:
586750000 & 330750000
but still nothing.
I had a working modem which i plugged in at his only a few miles away but nothing :(
He has a signal because the tv is working fine on the same cable.

I suspect if there is more than 2 freq' I need to find the one opperating in his area, is there a way to find which freq' his area is on?

When I goto h**p://192.168. 100.1 I get a 404 page not found error.
Any help please?

Clive.

UPDATE:

I tried it again and I'm still not getting anything, I just get a tftp ip of 192.168.100.1 etc.
I tried both freq' of:
586750000 & 330750000
but still nothing.
I had a working modem which i plugged in at his only a few miles away but nothing :(
He has a signal because the tv is working fine on the same cable.

I suspect if there is more than 2 freq' I need to find the one opperating in his area, is there a way to find which freq' his area is on?

When I goto h**p://192.168. 100.1 I get a 404 page not found error.
Any help please?

Clive.
hi m8, if ur putting it directly on the feed (no splitters) and u know the modem is working and if ur not getting a locked status on the downstream @ lease, then i think he might be in a tw area instead of ex c&w like u... as i know part of romford is tw (haringey headsend)... so r u sure he is in ex c&w cause i doubt they has had a freq change in that area but just be on the safe side try 331000000 and 339000000 too

hi m8, if ur putting it directly on the feed (no splitters) and u know the modem is working and if ur not getting a locked status on the downstream @ lease, then i think he might be in a tw area instead of ex c&w like u... as i know part of romford is tw (haringey headsend)... so r u sure he is in ex c&w cause i doubt they has had a freq change in that area but just be on the safe side try 331000000 and 339000000 too

Thanks for the quick reply gentlex, Yes I'm sure he's in Ex-C&W cause he is using a Samsung 2100 with a net id of 41050.
Thanks for the extra 2 frequencies, I'll give em a go and get back to you.

Clive.

also check the connection status page and see if ur getting a locked status on the downstream on 586750000 before trying the rest of frequencies

Back