macro vision / media center / HDD+DVD Recorders

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
morning,

OK I'm nearly there with my set up in the living room on achieving all abilities of recording and listening to sound....lol....but i have one last request.

I forgot how macro vision worked? i have been trying for ages to figure out how to get around it as i would love to copy some 360 footage for some combo/video making i want to do, i'd also like to have the ability to record straight to a hard drive that could be accessible on my network.

Been looking at the media centers the stuff that have space for a hard drives and then you can record straight to it.

found a one yesterday that had a Ethernet cable on it and a record in.

ME1-note-ok.jpg

This seemed pretty neat but when i got it home the bloody power cable was missing so i took it back to the shop for a refund and then went to currys, and dick!sons to be looked at bewilderingly by the staff when i was asking them what i wanted and they kept showing me media centers that were actually PC's in there hundreds.

So i've bought an AV control panel, was only 15 quid and that's a bargain, and have managed to plug all my equipment into it and the plan is now to use the output into a media center so i can record from all the equipment that i have plugged in, and of course then watch it back on the TV or edit it etc on the network where it's saved.

28570T_AV_controller_BK_full.jpg

how ever this is the thing.

I bought a reconditioned VHS/DVD/hard drive recorder yes reconditioned, slaps self in face with anvil! ( remind me never to buy reconditioned stuff again).......and it's not only got copy protection on it, it's not region free and now the DVD writer/VHS don't work so what I'm wanting to know is;

Using a media center to hard drive recorder will this just not even bother with macrovision and allow me to record from any source i want (added bonus this is on the network)

What about buying a DVD recorder and using that then i could burn any thing i've recorded onto DVD/rw or do any recorders come with network interface and will these have macro copy protection on them.

Thanks.

OK they look like the bizz, there's a one on fleabay for about 25 quid or so it hasn't finished yet.

So from that av control panel i can take the out put and put it via the macro remover now it's just to decide on what to buy to record too.

Media Center with network capabilities or dvd/hdd recorder, shame these don't seem to have Ethernet yet for transferring files from the HDD to a pc etc.

Back