Macro tutorial

Hiya, Just like to say great tutorial and thanx to everyone who got movies to work. Could not have done it without the help of peeps of here.
One prob i have though is i am in telepest and you have to set the network id manually.
I have done this via Libdebug with a max interface so i would not have to reset nvram but box still loses pin function.
Is it poss to set via ocd and would someone know the bytes i need to address to change net id.

Cheers again
Geronimoe

[hi all

still having some trouble with this pin function, cant get the flasher to work says no traget connection, but then if i use OCD it works O.K , then another problem i come across, is that my battery is loose somehow, so evrytime i flash the box updates as the battery loose, how can i secure the battery so when i flash the box dont update. Can i solder the battery or will the contacts melt as i have a 25w iron.

any help appreciated .

Thanks
eggie

You will need to solder the bat' connections to sort boh these problems, there's no point setting net id + pin etc if your bat' is loose as it will keep on disconecting and loosing the info again. 25W is ok (a little dab'll do ya ;) ) just use some good flux and make sure its all clean.

Clive.

not back home yet il post when i am but the line i posted from that dump was 318kb in size il just post the file as .txt so you can look at the whole file cheers.

That dump looks fine, nothing wrong in size or content.

well when i convert to macro the use ocd it uploads fine then when i try box its not working?

this must be where your going wrong somehow:

do you use makmaker V3 not V2 to convert it?
do you keep all connections but the jtag and power off? ie feed off while you send the macro?
While sending the macro in OCD do you stop all opperations on your PC ie screensavers etc for while it sends the macro?
have you got a pogo jtag? make sure it dont loose contact while sending macro.

Clive.

When i done my 4010 i used the posted 'the4000' macro, tried it a couple of time but the pin didnt work. When i pulled the red jumper first then run the posted macro the pin worked ok.
You need to go into the eng menu and set def freq, sym rate and your pin number first before putting the box online, the net id shows up as 41047 but it set its own id.

When i done my 4010 i used the posted 'the4000' macro, tried it a couple of time but the pin didnt work. When i pulled the red jumper first then run the posted macro the pin worked ok.
You need to go into the eng menu and set def freq, sym rate and your pin number first before putting the box online, the net id shows up as 41047 but it set its own id.

just tryed that still dont work after it updates and boots it dosent update card settings when i change channel it gives smart card error so i have to pull out and put card back in for it to change card settings but doesent reboot but still no pin dont think my box can be fixed?

just tryed that still dont work after it updates and boots it dosent update card settings when i change channel it gives smart card error so i have to pull out and put card back in for it to change card settings but doesent reboot but still no pin dont think my box can be fixed?

Thats what i got when i put the card in, as long as you set the pin number before starting up.
The box dosnt 'reboot' either, try selecting a film channel
and waiting a minute, it should prompt you for a pin.

hi all

thanks to evryone , finally got my movies working first attempt after soldering battery as Benny 59 told me to, thanks to him and evryone else.

thanks
eggie

hi all

thanks to evryone , finally got my movies working first attempt after soldering battery as Benny 59 told me to, thanks to him and evryone else.

thanks
eggie

who me ????????? "i never opend my mouth"

nice one clive, im sure it will help out alot of people.

well done m8:eater:

Thats what i got when i put the card in, as long as you set the pin number before starting up.
The box dosnt 'reboot' either, try selecting a film channel
and waiting a minute, it should prompt you for a pin.

still not working just get please wait then nothing must be somthing to do with my au card?

who me ????????? "i never opend my mouth"

hi Benny

since i shud have gave clive 58 name by mistake i used yours, so to put things striaight, i thank evryone and especially clive 58 for his efforts in helping me out.

thanks
eggie

hi thank for the tut m8
the Flah Programmer do you have to buy it or is the a free one out there

big thanks to everyone who helped especialy clive,benny,fatboi finaly got my pin working just pulled red pin loaded the 4000 macro set freq this time symbol rate aswell and all good now cheers guys!

big thanks to everyone who helped especialy clive,benny,fatboi finaly got my pin working just pulled red pin loaded the 4000 macro set freq this time symbol rate aswell and all good now cheers guys!

Thats good new mate, glad you got it sorted in the end :proud:

@eggie, No problem mate its nice to have ppl like you on here as it makes for a nice atmosphere on the forums ;) you are welcome :proud:

@john22, just download it and use it ;).

Clive.

tutorial looks good but! i'm having problems with flash programmer 2.62, i keep getting error : target communications error: PC to target cable disconnected!! i've checked my connections and port settings, has anyone else had this problem??

Back