Macro tutorial

Right bennyboy i am confused as to what stage you are getting stuck at so follow this and let us know
  1. Jtag box ( i am pretty sure you have done this ok lol
  2. open flash programer and use all of the settings as described in the tut
  3. When you click on upload flash you need to do 3 things. 1 enter the start bits as per tut 2 enter the end bits as per tut and 3 click on browse go to the folder you want to save to and enter the name you want to call the file and put .s19 on the end for example "yourfile.s19"
  4. click on upload and wait for the file to finosh uploading
  5. now open up macmaker and it will open an browser window automatically from which you navigate to the .s19 file that you just created and it will create a macro file in the same folder as the file you originaly save
  6. now open up ocd with the settingd as per the tut
  7. click on macro and navigate to the macro file you created using macmaker
  8. Now let all the data transfere to the box which will take a while
  9. once finished test your box

Follow this and let us know at what point things go tixxxts up :)

mad

ok just here

[*]Jtag box ( i am pretty sure you have done this ok lol
[*]open flash programer and use all of the settings as described in the tut
[*]When you click on upload flash you need to do 3 things. 1 enter the start bits as per tut 2 enter the end bits as per tut and 3 click on browse go to the folder you want to save to

right get to this point click update flash and it only gives me open not save option ?

there is no save option ?

well confused

Right bennyboy i am confused as to what stage you are getting stuck at so follow this and let us know
  1. Jtag box ( i am pretty sure you have done this ok lol
  2. open flash programer and use all of the settings as described in the tut
  3. When you click on upload flash you need to do 3 things. 1 enter the start bits as per tut 2 enter the end bits as per tut and 3 click on browse go to the folder you want to save to and enter the name you want to call the file and put .s19 on the end for example "yourfile.s19"
  4. click on upload and wait for the file to finosh uploading
  5. now open up macmaker and it will open an browser window automatically from which you navigate to the .s19 file that you just created and it will create a macro file in the same folder as the file you originaly save
  6. now open up ocd with the settingd as per the tut
  7. click on macro and navigate to the macro file you created using macmaker
  8. Now let all the data transfere to the box which will take a while
  9. once finished test your box

Follow this and let us know at what point things go tixxxts up :)

mad

ok just here

[*]Jtag box ( i am pretty sure you have done this ok lol
[*]open flash programer and use all of the settings as described in the tut
[*]When you click on upload flash you need to do 3 things. 1 enter the start bits as per tut 2 enter the end bits as per tut and 3 click on browse go to the folder you want to save to

right get to this point click update flash and it only gives me open not save option ?

there is no save option ?

well confused

create a new folder on your desktop m8, {transfer this file into it}

click on upload and go to the folder you created , "now click on the file"

when it uploads, "get rid of the 000000055555" and rename it------job done

ahhhh i am with you now :) yes this got me first time.

yes it only gives you the open option! this is ok.

just click browse and go to the folder you want to save the file too. leave the "file type aloan. type in the name of the file with .s19 and click open ( i think this is where the confusion is it should really say save) once you click open you click on upload.

hope this helps

hi

so i take it my 4001n box is no good, isnt there anyway of getting this to work on this box?

or am i stuck with no pin :(

OK NOW I GOT IT

ok running thro commander now my box is a sammy 2100 should there be any numbers lite up on the front cause mine is blank ?
will it still be virg software or should it put it back to old nthell ?

ahhhh i am with you now :) yes this got me first time.

yes it only gives you the open option! this is ok.

just click browse and go to the folder you want to save the file too. leave the "file type aloan. type in the name of the file with .s19 and click open ( i think this is where the confusion is it should really say save) once you click open you click on upload.

hope this helps

now if you go back to one of my previous posts you will notice that i only got one box working out of two which is 50% success rate :)

the boxes i done were on the virgin software. and yes the display was blank on my sammy 2100

how you getting on?

hi

so i take it my 4001n box is no good, isnt there anyway of getting this to work on this box?

or am i stuck with no pin :(

Sorry mate as far as i know there is only a fix for the paces 4000 and 4010 and sammys not the 4001 although it is very early days at the mo the likes of tbc are smart and i am sure they are working on something.

after a good while it finished so went in em but pin was already set so connected feed and rebooted went to movies nothing press red just said wait then nothing i guess that one is not going to work so i am now tryin my 4010 at mo fingers crossed

i want to thank every one that helped me

mad you have been a big help

i will let you know how the 4010 goes

ok good luck let us know how you do. i just tried a 4010 but no joy lol but will keep trying.

NO DONE THREE BOXES One sammy 2 pace and no joy there getting to the end but the pin is still in the em

i dont have to pull the jumper be for i start do i ?

got one more sammy to try for me bruv and thats me no films boo hoo lol : shocked2

just hope they find some think to beat the cc prove they cant win lol

thanks again every one who help me

well i've fallen at the first step; Under the Program tab, i can't set the Starts at: value to 0x31200000 (for Sammy boxes) its got 0x00000000 in there and won't let me do anything but copy it.any idea how to change it?

edit; i worked it out now, the tut says to

Set the CPU tab to ARM940T.
The Flash tab to AMIC A29002B/A29021B.
Under the Program tab, the Starts at: value to 0x21100000 (for 4k boxes) or 0x31200000 (for Sammy boxes)
The Target RAM Starts at: 0x00000000.

but what it should say is;

The CPU tab, set to ARM940T.
The Flash tab, set to AMIC A29002B/A29021B. and the Starts at: value to 0x21100000 (for 4k boxes) or 0x31200000 (for Sammy boxes)
The Program tab, set The Target RAM Starts at: 0x00000000.

Last edited:
Well all that would do is put your box back to how you had it lol.

1st, You need to send this macro from HERE
and then reset your net id and freq' and symb' rate to your area.
After that you should have a working pin box which is setup for your area and pin etc ok.

Once that is done you can then dump the info from your 4k box and convert it to a macro file for future use.

Clive.

got the file sent it to stb (took ages) went into engineers menu but didn't need to reset anything in there, attached feed and rebooted but still no pin to get movies. don't know where i'n going wrong.

edit;
i had to clear the nvram by pulling the red jumper off and shorting the battery first before running the macro, then with out feed checked/adjusted engineers menu.rebooted let it update and pin now works, yay ! : multi :

Last edited:
i'm winning :eek:)

ok i've now managed to do a sammy 2100 and 2 pace 4010's.
if only i could send this macro to the two 4001's waiting to be fixed, they both have a serial and Parallel port on the back of the boxes. i take it they are no good for this job,
the hunt goes on though. : multi :

just tried this on a sammy 2100,followed everything to the letter and all went as planned...except no pin option,is this not a 100% fix.kinda got my hopes up there

It works fine mate, all i can say is it sounds like the sorce file (2100 macro) you are using to send to your box is the wrong one, where did you get it from? try HERE

Clive.

Thanks

Thanks for the thread clive!! i tried it for the first time today, and it also worked first time, excellent info! :THANKS:

Back