MACRO (HOW TO GET RID OF?)

FATBOY

Member ++
Reaction score
ive bought a minato dvd g1 player and i want to record to vhs! my vhs video player is made by orion. i want to record onto vhs tapes!! is there a hack? or do i have to pay out £45 for them macro buster things on e bay???? or will it record ok anyway? by using a scart lead? or is there some sort of software i can download that can remove the macro? plz help<br />thanx

Hi Marcus,<br />I had one of the Minato G1 Players.<br />The hack to make it multiregion & macro free is:<br />1. Open DVD Tray<br />2. Press 0-1-1-1 slowly on your Remote Control,<br />4 Stars should appear on the top left hand corner of your screen,<br />3. To play Region 1 DVD's press 1 on your Remote Control, Region 2 press 2 Etc.<br />Your machine is now Region Free & you can record straight to your VCR.(saves you £45)<br />I found Region 1 DVD's a little jumpy on mine.<br />Hope this helps, let me know if it works for you.

vat19

ok mate thanx will give it a go and let u know!!!!! can u tell me are these minato dvd players any good???????

Yes Marcus they will play anything, MP3's VCD's etc. only problem I had was that playback on region 1 DVD's was a bit jerky ( I hope that's the right adjective).I bought mine damaged for £70, I couln't see any damage on it anywhere, but the guy I bought it off told me it had fallen off the back of a lorry. LOL<br />Regards,<br />vat19

[ 02 March 2002: Message edited by: vat19 ]</p>

Back