Low Audio levels on HD channels

Makes no sense, the thing is I think it depends on tv model too because sd channels I can watch with my volume set to about 2 or 3 but hd channels I have to go to 10-11.

On a Samsung, Sony set etc im sure you will have to increase the volume but the levels might be different.

More people need to try out Alsamixer but then again TM should look into this aswell...

wife has been watching a film and the volume is still loud :) no turning up mid way through
DW 10/4/11 Image :Clap: hope it lasts lol

silly as it may sound

I also find sound on HD lowers through the program

you can be watching a movie mid way through the wife will start turning the volume UP^

on the odd occasion it will freeze so flick up and back down as you do, and volume will then be loud
:err:
anyone noticed that ?

I havent notice any difference... Still have the turn the volume right up on HD channels.

yes Bally it's not as loud as SD channels but it dont seem to be loosing sound through the film like it used too

Ive always had the Pioneer Surround Sound set to Volume 40 and adjust the TM800 volume

:)

yes Bally it's not as loud as SD channels but it dont seem to be loosing sound through the film like it used too

Ive always had the Pioneer Surround Sound set to Volume 40 and adjust the TM800 volume

Oh never noticed it loosing sound afaik but as long as wifey happy ;)

Oh never noticed it loosing sound afaik but as long as wifey happy ;)

I watched a HD channel tonight, and wouldnt complain about the sound.

I did read something earlier about crackling sounds on the TM800, which I just dont get.... I dont get any of this from my naim amps and Monitor Audio GR60's (straight Stereo)

I'm afraid DW 10/4 audio just dipped halfway through Jamanji :(

I know this is an old thread but did anyone have success in using alsamixer to correct the low audio on hd channels?

Back