Looking To Get the DM800-SE would appreciate a little help

Coolur

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking to get back into satellite having abondoned all hopes of my DM500C ever being used again.

The last time I played around with satellite was in the days of 16 channel receivers and a Falon decoder "remember those"!!! Later I moved on to a Churchil Decoder which I think I still have in the Actic.

Anyway im looking to get a Clone DM800SE to have a play with an 80cm dish pointing at 19.2E so no guessing at what I will be trying to view.

I have a 50MB broadband connection, have googled for C-lines and pay providers but have no idea if any of the big players found via Google Searches are ok.

I would be gratefull if a few members could hopefully PM me either some suggestions for C-line providers that are good and reliable or at least give me some pointers for sourcing providers.

Getting and having the box is no problem but getting a provider for C-line is something I am all very new to.

Really appreciate any PM's and also any comments that can be noted in the thread.

Thanks

Coolur

The 500c is perfectly capable of CS on N3 cable, and is running in small provate rings. It's just that there is no "idiots guide" like the old school Nagra 1 days and "Novice Angels Guide" from Modshack days. If poor quality low hardware spec recievers oike kryptview and starview can do CS a Dm500c can probbaly do it better. Or alternatively you can use a sat card server it's perfectly good as a CCCam server.

Or theres a post on the forum where someones converted a 500C to a 500S by swapping the tuners, LNB voltage regulators etc and flashing a 500S bootlaoder via JTAG...

As fas as CS and payservers go, not recommended to use pay servers, most of them are iver subscribed, unkowingly pimp out peoples cards, disappear frequently overnight resulting in loss of cash for those who have paid lng term subs etc...

If you must use paysrver then get a free 24 hour test line first, most of them offer this. Also never pay for multiple months upfront. Best bet is to make your own private closed ring with only trusted members.

Ok guys thx for the heads up so far... I realise the 500C box I have could be used for CS on N3 but I was thinking that it would maybe be a safer option to use my cable BB in conjunction with Sat. As I am an electronics engineer by trade I will look at the possobility of modding the 500C to an "S", anyone no of a source for the 500S tuner?

Any pointers for setting up my own Sat share if I sub to the powers that be, I will have a search through the forums but maybe there are things I need to no via a PM!!

Regards

Coolur

Back