looking to buy good plasma tv on a budget

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
hi looking to buy a decent plasma tv but the only problem the max i can afford at moment is £500 any suggestions

hi looking to buy a decent plasma tv but the only problem the max i can afford at moment is £500 any suggestions

Look in currys web site m8 50 panasonic £450 or a 51 Samsung £499 Both good sets

Look in currys web site m8 50 panasonic £450 or a 51 Samsung £499 Both good sets

Check the specs on the panasonic one, I believe its HD ready (720p) as opposed to full HD (1080p)

yeh i have an lg lcd but the screen has decided to play up thats my only worry

yeh i have an lg lcd but the screen has decided to play up thats my only worry

Ah ok that could put me off how old is it like I have 3 LG tvs now the oldest being 4 year and never had any problems m8. Ive got me fingers crossed now though :mad:)

it is only 2 or 3 years old and the screen has been going for a few months very bad smudge on the left side and it always catches my eye so worried that it going to happen to a new lg. as for amazon ordering i have never ordered off them as have heard stories and it puts me right off amazon

Never had a problem with Amazon per se, though one of the delivery companies they insist on using (Home Delivery Network/Yodel) has a bad rep.

Then again I wouldn't touch an LG TV after hearing too many stories of failure just out side of warranty. Although SOGA covers many of the failures, it's the hastle of getting the reseller to agree the problem is with the set rather than normal wear-and-tear.

Then again I wouldn't touch an LG TV after hearing too many stories of failure just out side of warranty. Although SOGA covers many of the failures, it's the hastle of getting the reseller to agree the problem is with the set rather than normal wear-and-tear.

yeh exactly i must have been lucky mine lasted 3 years lol

I've got a 50" LG plasma, it's a cracking set with a superb quality picture but during the summer there it started doing silly things like switching itself off after it had been on for 10 hours, I think it was over heating. it seems to have sorted itself out after I repositioned it away from the radiator that it was sitting next to.

try richer sounds m8 i got a 50 lg plasma there for 550 about 18 months ago good set mwill be cheaper now

you could try john lewis to price match i think they still do a 5 years guarantee
i have bought 2 from them in the past both panasonics both going strong very good plasma's

Back