Looking for mame rom collections

nilrem

Inactive User
Reaction score
Chaps I'm looking to expand my collection and wondered if anyone had any links to zipped up rom collections ?

Thanks in advance

Pleasuredome Tracker - Index

This is the defacto source for all Mame collections. Also LD arcade games. Basically, if you have the bandwidth and the storage you can get it ALL here.

Try this services, they can supply the entire MAME set on DVD and all you pay is the cost of media and shipping, so unless you are willing to wait a very very long time downloading via torrent this is the best way to get everything in one go and be 100% certain that its the most recent set with ALL ROMs, CHDs and LaserDisc games, but then you will need a 1TB hard drive purely for MAME as the full set is now massive

Mame and Daphne Games Order Form

Or this one, which is the better one and I have used these in the past

ROM-Burner Request

Look under the DVD Sets section

Torrents are good for those with limited finances but plenty of time and plenty of patience and also willing to leave their computer on 24 hours a day for about a week or more !!

Torrents will also guarantee that all sets are 100% verified, newsgroups are much faster but its pretty much hit and miss as so much is uploaded you are not sure if its 100% verified

Try this services, they can supply the entire MAME set on DVD and all you pay is the cost of media and shipping, so unless you are willing to wait a very very long time downloading via torrent this is the best way to get everything in one go and be 100% certain that its the most recent set with ALL ROMs, CHDs and LaserDisc games, but then you will need a 1TB hard drive purely for MAME as the full set is now massive

Mame and Daphne Games Order Form

Or this one, which is the better one and I have used these in the past

ROM-Burner Request

Look under the DVD Sets section

Torrents are good for those with limited finances but plenty of time and plenty of patience and also willing to leave their computer on 24 hours a day for about a week or more !!

Torrents will also guarantee that all sets are 100% verified, newsgroups are much faster but its pretty much hit and miss as so much is uploaded you are not sure if its 100% verified

Good links m8. Torrents are also very useful and an easy way for keeping a set you already have up to date :)

Got mine from the newsgroups. 8804 roms, 21.5gb.

I found this NZB which is 141 days old and containes 5 DVD's of MAME stuff.
View attachment 54062

21.5 gb ?! Fook me the roms are only a couple megabytes each lol 21.5gb that's got to be every rom in existence surely....still deffo should be everything you could ever want to play again.

I don't think anyone needs the full rom set as most games are duplicated many times over.

I just picked the best out of each game and kept that one, like I don't need 23 versions of space invaders all almost exactly the same, I just need 1.

The CHD disk games are huge, can be upto about 5 GB per game when compressed

Area 51 is one example, thats a disk based game and is massive, plus the ROMs you need to get the game running. The actual game is stored on a hard drive in the arcade cabinet. There are plenty of disk based games emulated now and since MAME can now also play a few LaserDisc games they are huge. If you don't want the disk games you can save a massive amount of space, the very early arcade games were tiny. PacMan is nothing and was one of the games that started MAME off. Just more and more games were emulated and as CPUs got more faster this in turn meant more complicated arcade games could then be emulated and played at near 100% frame rates compared to 5-10FPS a few years ago .... lliterally

A lot of the fighting games are big ROms as well, the newer the game the more ROMs is has and the bigger they get. Mainly the GFX ROMs, like newer games really ... better GFX equals bigger space needed

I think the full MAME romset is 130gig.

i bet that includes the cabinet files? not really needed just for playing the rom

i have my mame collection with a total of 8799 roms :)

gotta admit that some dont work and im not to fond of clones etc

is there a program i can use so that i only have 1 of eache game?

thanks.

i bet that includes the cabinet files? not really needed just for playing the rom

i have my mame collection with a total of 8799 roms :)

gotta admit that some dont work and im not to fond of clones etc

is there a program i can use so that i only have 1 of eache game?

thanks.

There's a few programs that can verify and check MAME roms.

I have around 11,000 roms and 160 CHD files, totalling around 180gb.

I use MAMEui (64 or 32 bit) as a front end which has a built in process to audit the roms. You can filter by game type, or filter out shooters (needing gun) or games needing a trackball or spinner (these dont work very will keyboard.

Cmpro 32 or 64 is another program for checking roms.

For each you need the correct DAT file for the version of MAME you are using, the current version is 1.41 (December 2010).

I alo use gamex frontend on the MAME pc I use connected to my TV (I wanted to make a mame cab but dont have the space). I also checke the roms, but goes further it checks to see if a rom actually works with the setup you are using it on.

The CHD files are not needed but the games look crap without them. The CHD files contain the backgrounds and graphics for the game.

CHD files are ether hard drive images or laser disk images.

hmm got to get into mame i think loved it years ago how recent are the games from arcades that run on them?
and how well does a wired 360 pad work on it? or any other recomendations?

I don't think anyone needs the full rom set as most games are duplicated many times over.

I just picked the best out of each game and kept that one, like I don't need 23 versions of space invaders all almost exactly the same, I just need 1.

yes i know what you mean, its like galaga etc. best to just have what you want as opposed to hundreds you dont!

Back