Looking for dvd player with usb playback

leestevenson1988

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Looking for a dvd player that can take external HDD / USB

Is there any out there for around £30-£40 ? Looking for one that plays all files to save hassel of needing to format them!!

cheers guys

Last edited:
i got one fron lidl for 30.00 had divx support and played dvds.got it from lidle about four yrs ago.silvercrest was the name on it.my tv has usb now so i gave to someone at work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

thanks mate, I'm looking for one that has a built in usb support so I can use if for my external HDD and usb adapter

I had one of these but gave it away the other year when I bought blu ray players with USB.
26.99 + 6.99 p&p Eb@y item number 200922006337

I've remembered summat else, although it said 1GB support it worked OK with my 400GB Freecom HDD. It didn't like AC3 audio, but other audio were OK.

thanks mate will take a look, do you know if that will play most file formats from the HDD ?

Last edited:
It was a few years ago, it'd play AVIs. But not MKV. Come to think of it I had it before I had HD TV, and most MKVs are HD, so never tried. I can't remember if it played WMV but it played MPEG and MP4. The 6511 had no HDMI socket. Not too sure what that one on the bay refers to. But this translated link is for the one I had, it shows compatibilities etc.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Better option would be to get a media player(few threads on here to give you an idea as to which one) that would play all formats(easily within your budget) & if you really need a dvd player you can pick them up cheap anywhere.
If it was me ,i would be tempted to get one of those android boxes that play most formats & can run xbmc.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Back