looking for better broadband provider.

traybianne

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can anyone give me any suggestions on a good broadband provider. I am currently with virgin but they are really expensive, £25 a month for unlimited usage on 1meg download. I know that there are better offers out there and did try to transfer over to talk talk previously as they offered a combined cheap unlimited broadband and cheap calls deal. had a nightmare trying to get them to transfer the broadband over because talk talk are absolutely useless customer service wise. Just looking for some suggestions of alternative providers. looking for high usage/unlimited downloading but reasonably priced. :Fish:

A work colleague has deliberated for a month about which ISP to use, as his exchange has just been ugraded
He's went for Demon @ £19.99, which is up to 2meg and unlimited usage I think, so not bad.
There are loads to choose from as I'm sure you'll know, it's just a question of balancing the connection speed/monthly allowance/price to suit what you need.

The AOL's, BT's etc offer either unlimited usage but at a slower speed, higher speed but with a usage limit, or both for something nearer £30 than £20.

Me, I'm stuck with BT for the next 7 months after upgrading from ISDN. I think its £27.99 for 2meg & 30GB. Running close to and above my 30GB every month. ;)

thanks for the suggestions. Had an email from virgin and they are going to be giving a free upgrade to two megs shortly. will have a look around to see whats about. thanks again

ps im with pipex & i have just been informed by them that bt are upgrading to 2meg so with pipex at £23.44 i will get 2meg by the end of september at no extra cost . ps pipex did tell me if i want bt to upgrade my phone line to 2meg now they are charging £15 .conning basxxtard might as well wait until the end of september & get it done for free

Tiscali! 2Mb, 15 GB usage allowance (30GB if u take up one of their great phone offers)! only £19.99 per month.

yea but tiscali suck harder than a dyson. mines sposed to be 2mb havnt reached it yet 1.91mb is closest and 1.15mb is slowest so far and only been on 2mb for just short of 24hrs. tiscali r a joke as soon as contract ends next month im off to pastures new

Dutcho said:
I'm on pipex 2 meg, np problems at all ;) You get what you pay for, ask any supanet user :)

I'm an EX Supanet user.
I'm currently with Bulldog on a 8mb connection.
there's all sorts of horror stories re Bulldog but truthfully I've had 10 mins downtime in 3 months. Their Customer Service is a joke but in saying that I got a memo today saying that they're upgrading their CS to cope with the demand as they just weren't expecting such a demand for this service. Also don't forget it's C & W who are behind Bulldog and they don't have that great a reputation do they.

Back