Looking for a cheap laptop

kegnkiwi

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
guys

I'm looking for a budget laptop for my son, I have seen an advent on clearance from pc world but I only have on issue it needs to run minecraft and i'm a bit unsure if the intel celeron processor will run it. Seen these on clearance at £229.00 just wondering if anyone has any other options, really needs to be high street store as I only have a few days before I fly out the country.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

EDIT FROM MICK

TRY

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/370440/

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be pretty slow with a single core 1.1GHz CPU. Minecraft should be fine, my son plays it on a atom based netbook.

If you can stretch to a i3, then at least you have something that is going to be useful for a while.

Thanks for your reply that is one of the reasons that I will not let him just got out and buy this one. Money is not really an issues but its my 9 year old that has been saving up and now he has the sort of money to buy a new laptop he is biting at the chump. If anyone knows anything that is a lot better but just a little more money can they post here.

how about getting a tablet instead ? You can pick up a reasonable one for around £150.

He does not wont one, he has access to my laptop, our home desk top plus a 11" notebook and a 7" pad but he wants his own. He head back to nz in two days maybe he will pick one up going through dubai or wait until he arrived back in nz. Most things are more expensive in nz but laptop and tv's are not bad. I just bought a nexus 4 out here in the uk as its was going to cost me over £120.00 more in nz.

I have second hand hp g61 with 320gb hdd, 3gb ram and windows 7 x64, and office 2013 for £175 if you are interested[SUB][/SUB]. Battery life is good and it runs games smoothly, intel pentium dual core CPU.

Thanks for the offer but we are leaving the uk tomorrow. Decided not to go for the celeron machines gonna let him save up for a nice I-3 or above. Might see how much a lap duty free will be in dubai.

your looking for a 2ghz duo core thats what i run and its still not the best but it just sbout runs

Back