looking at this printer

dilly1066

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hiya, im after a new printer as my old one seems to be making funny noises and the ink dunt seem to be coming out right, anyway im looking at this epson but have read that the ink can dry out very quickly on epson printers, not sure how much truth is in that just what ive read on reviews, ive always just had cheapo hp printers, but the ink for them is getting ridiculous,
has anybody got the following printer ?

Epson Stylus Photo PX720WD All-in-One Printer (Scan, Copy, Duplex, Wi-Fi): Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

if so is it any good ? print quality, does it use loads of ink, been looking at some cannons aswell, ideally i want a all in one printer, scan, print, copy, which also prints onto disks, wireless is possible aswell, thanks

Its a good printer and with epson at least the cartridges are fairly cheap when you compare with the likes of HP etc.

You could also go for a cheaper model if you don't want to pay that much. Just installed an sx515w for someone and it turned out to be a good deal at about £59.

i had epsons for years ,i killed my r265 so i thought i try a canon , after changing the canon printer 4 times i went bk and got a epson p50 and not a problem , carts are very cheap

Buy a epson R265 if you are not botherd about a scanner, stick a continues ink sytem in it, and print away as much as you like, for pea nuts great for printing your own disks etc

can get one for £65 quid these days I've had mine 3 year and only topped up once, less then £20 on ink.

I love it when a plan comes together. :proud:

[ame]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CISS-CIS-continue-ink-system-stylus-R265-Printer-/170464684846?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printing_PrinterInkCatridges_JN&hash=item27b07cab2e[/ame]

[ame]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epson-P50-Printer-Prints-CD-DVD-Media-R285-R265-/180647172879?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_Printers_Printers_JN&hash=item2a0f691b0f[/ame]

Last edited:
Its a good printer and with epson at least the cartridges are fairly cheap when you compare with the likes of HP etc.

You could also go for a cheaper model if you don't want to pay that much. Just installed an sx515w for someone and it turned out to be a good deal at about £59.

yeah i looked at that printer before, it does look a pretty good printer, one big thing is though for me is it doesnt print onto disks, unless im mistaken but cant find any info saying it does which is a pity, for the printer i posted ive found full set of ink for 16.96, thats for 7ml cartridges, sounds pretty good to me comapred to my old hpc5280, if i bought 4 full sets of cartrisges in one go it would work out at 12.96 a set , delivered, ive read a few reviews with peole saying epsons can block up pretty quick, the cartridges if not used for a couple of weeks, i usually dont leave it 2 weeks with out printing i print quite alot but does anyone find thgat with there epson ?

Buy a epson R265 if you are not botherd about a scanner, stick a continues ink sytem in it, and print away as much as you like, for pea nuts great for printing your own disks etc

can get one for £65 quid these days I've had mine 3 year and only topped up once, less then £20 on ink.

I love it when a plan comes together. :proud:

CISS CIS continue ink system for stylus R265 Printer | eBay UK

Epson P50 Printer - Prints on CD/DVD Media - R285 R265 | eBay UK

i had a look at that printer, it looks a really nice printer, but i really need a all in one, need the scanner, scanner on my old printer got used quite alot, only thing i probably would do with out is the wireless bit, i had my old printer set up so i could print of any of the laptops in the house as long as the desktop pc that was connected to the printer was turned on, so i suppose i could do that again if i had to, thanks

Just bought myself the kodak esp5250 for £70 from comet. Great all in one wireless printer and you can get the set of original black and colour carts for a total of £20 which was the main attraction for me.

yeah i looked at that printer before, it does look a pretty good printer, one big thing is though for me is it doesnt print onto disks, unless im mistaken but cant find any info saying it does which is a pity, for the printer i posted ive found full set of ink for 16.96, thats for 7ml cartridges, sounds pretty good to me comapred to my old hpc5280, if i bought 4 full sets of cartrisges in one go it would work out at 12.96 a set , delivered, ive read a few reviews with peole saying epsons can block up pretty quick, the cartridges if not used for a couple of weeks, i usually dont leave it 2 weeks with out printing i print quite alot but does anyone find thgat with there epson ?

Guess I should have realised that you wanted to do the disc printing. So no the sx515 is a no go. As for the drying up issue you only have to print something once a week, even just a doc with colours on etc for that to stop happening. The heads are the things that usually get blocked, mainly down to central heating combined with lack of use. Whatever all printers are the same and more so if you tend to use other inks, a no no in the 1st 12 months when under warranty as they can tell if you have used some 3rd party inks.

But all done and said you will not go wrong with the epson.

Guess I should have realised that you wanted to do the disc printing. So no the sx515 is a no go. As for the drying up issue you only have to print something once a week, even just a doc with colours on etc for that to stop happening. The heads are the things that usually get blocked, mainly down to central heating combined with lack of use. Whatever all printers are the same and more so if you tend to use other inks, a no no in the 1st 12 months when under warranty as they can tell if you have used some 3rd party inks.

But all done and said you will not go wrong with the epson.

thanks mate nice reply that, think il go for the epson i linked to in my first post,ive found it for 116 delivered which i think is a great price, plus theres ciss available for that printer, but ink is pretty cheap anyway, thanks

Last edited:
Ive got a Epson SX215 which I bought from tesco for £39. I bought one of those endless ink supply kits from ebay, the kids use it daily printing off all sorts of nonsense and it hasnt ran out of ink for over a year. I woldnt buy any printer other than an epson.

thanks mate nice reply that, think il go for the epson i linked to in my first post,ive found it for 116 delivered which i think is a great price, plus theres ciss available for that printer, but ink is pretty cheap anyway, thanks

Had a look around and that is a cracking price. Hope it turns out ok.

i ended up getting the printer in the link in the 1st post,
epson px720wd
the cartridges seem to be lasting a long time ive done alot of printing so far and there still 3/4 full i would say, so now im wondering what to do when they start to run out ?
theres the compatible cartridges like these
6 Compatible Epson T0801-T0806 (T0807) Ink Cartridges Epson Stylus Photo PX720WD on eBay (end time 28-May-11 14:46:42 BST)

they work out at abit over 1 pound, or i could go for the ciss system like this
Continous Ink System Ciss for Epson PX700 PX720 PX810 on eBay (end time 11-Jun-11 16:13:14 BST)

which is 23.99 with 600ml of ink and then when refills are needed its 10.99 for 600ml, the cartridges are 17 ml the guy said when i emailed him,
the cartridges i would say are the easier option and they are pretty cheap so noit sure if its worth getting a ciss sytem, what do people think ? thanks

Back