Longer EPG help required (Pli Iolite image)

poolfan

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I've set up the 7day EPGonto the recently installed hard disk. not very noisy at all, so happy days.

Some of the issues I'm having is as follows:

When I try and map the radiotimes channel listing to my own channels, I don't see radiotimes listings for any of the Sky movies Channels (Action, Modern etc).Can you get these listings?

I'd like to set up the auto download function, as the manual download takes ages, so prefer to do it at e.g. 6am.

The instructions in thread at t op of forum says to download the cron plugin from downloads menu. I've checked and can't see any Cron plugin.

Does the plugin have to be manually downloaded onto laptop then installed across onto DM600?

:Cheers:

On the Pli helenite image there was an option to start the cron as a service everytime you rebooted your box. I beleive this option has been removed from the Pli Iolite image so now you can no longer specify the times for the EPG download.They fixed the bug in the script so the radio time db is downloaded to the correct area of the box. Are getting the longer EPG for the other channels apart from S*y?

yeah, have d/loaded out a good few, though the download seems to get stuck (bar not moving) for ages on one data retreival, so dunno if there is one dodgy channel thats blocking all other channel EPG's I've paired from being downloaded.

so you can't set up an auto downlaod, you just have to do a manual download b4 going to bed every few days to keep it up to date, yeah?

Have you tried pressing the yellow button > EPG configuration > tick use cron

yeah - every time I tick the box and click done, then when I go back in, the box is unticked again?

Do Radio Times not list Sky Premier & other Sky film channels?

I have found the sky movie channels but i think that the are listed under slightly different channel names than they are on the feeds.
the cron function seems to work for me I haven't gone back to check on whether the box is still checked when you go back into it though.
Wizbit77

My DM600 is no longer connected to the home network so I have not bothered with the radio times EPG but when I checked mine cron option I found that it was still checked.Try downloading the sql plugin etc again if you have done so already.

that seems to have done the trick alright.

at least I have a longer EPG now for about half of the channels.

pity about the premium film channels, as that's what I want it for mainly, to record films over weekends when away etc.

thanks for the help on sorting the cron out anyway curious123

I have found the sky movie channels but i think that the are listed under slightly different channel names than they are on the feeds.
the cron function seems to work for me I haven't gone back to check on whether the box is still checked when you go back into it though.
Wizbit77

any clue as to what names they are listed under?

If you follow Wizbit77 little guide for mapping the channels, you will find the names in the left hand panel are what the channels are called according to the Radio times and the right hand side panel is what Vm call them on the box. You need to try match the two togather for retrieving the epg file.

I've followed the guide, can get the normal terrestial channels (BBC's SKY1 etc), but none of the Sky Movies channels are listed in the left hand window, that's the problem I'm having.

wizbit77 was saying that the names in the left hand window that do correspond to the Sky Movies channels have different names, not obvious that they are in fact the Sky movies channels (am I making sense?)

Sorry. It was fairly obvious to me that they were movie channels. Just the names weren't exactly the same as vermin used so could be a little confusing as to which one was which.
But from what Curious has said earlier it sounds like they won't be there at all now.
Wizbit77
P.s. have tried to edit my original thread in the sticky to reflect recent updates and changes. but it seems that since it's been made a sticky no updates are able to be made.

Back