lol sat cable Q & A

davidh

<font color="RED">Administrator</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
this is from maplins Q&A about the cable read questin 7
lolol

Satellite TV Cable FT100 FAQ's:
1Q) Is this fibre optic cable, also would i be able to use this to extend my telewest services - David Thomas
1A) no it is standard copper RF cable - it can be used for telewest

2Q) Is this cable suitable for freeview television - brian riley
2A) It is ideal for this.

3Q) Is it ok as a replacement for Sky digital cables? - Konrad
3A) It is ideal for this.

4Q) Hi do you do double satellite cable (ie two cables in parrallel) for use with Sky+? thanks Wilton - wilton fry
4A) No we do not. sorry.

5Q) Hi. I''m installing sky+ myself and need to get another set of cable to run between the dish (+lnb) to the sky+ box. Is this the stuff I need? Thanks. - Gresh
5A) Yes suitable for SKY and Sky+

6Q) Hi, can you get this in 50m rolls? Thanks - Dave Barrick
6A) This cable (like most of our cables) is sold cut to length in units of 1m upto a maximum of 100m. It will be supplied in a single piece, so if you order 20 units, you will receive a 20m length. Order 100 x XS16S to get a 100m length on a reel, at a substantial saving. (click on the [1+] icon next to the price to see quantity discount prices)

7Q) I have Sky+ in my front room. Will this cable enable me to view Sky+ in another room with all feathers working ie. pause, rewind etc? - Richard
7A) This is only CABLE!!!!

8Q) I''d like to buy a metre only for a wireless network I''m setting up. Does the cable come with the connectors for the wall and the cable modem? - Michael
8A) This does not come with any connectors, it is just the cable. If you require connectors, you would need to know what type they are and purchase them seperately.

9Q) 1. I assume that it is 0.99p a metre and 2. can I use this outside to link my satellite with my TV? - Melvin
9A) yes and yes

Back