loft conversion

Because you have the secure walls to fix the brackets too for the beams, back to front ( where do you fix the brackets ) has to be screwed wall to wall if possible.

i am not saying it wont work ( as it might m8) even if you lay the new joists directly on the existing ones, ( but i would run the new joists in the opposite direction to the existing ones. )

i also have bein intrested in sortin the loft out,what you reccomend the spacing to be on the new joists ie how far apart from each other?

i laid my flooring in the loft accross the beams rather in the direction of the beams for more support.

i hate yous lot :roflmao:ive been wanting to do this for ages but i have cross members accross my roof beams and dont know if i can do it my wife thinks it would be a gr8 place for my computer stuff and when i see aftermaths i have to agree

20-30k is abit too much i reckon,

i know people who got theirs done for about 8k including a staircase

20-30k is abit too much i reckon,

i know people who got theirs done for about 8k including a staircase

depends how big the loft conversion is, what the include in the price and the quality of workmanship. some are cheap for a reason mate. get 3 quotes and go for thr middle priced one.

Back