Online Payments (Coucil)

K

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just paying council tax online thing..

At the start from logging in you have a warning saying 10 minutes and you'll automatically logged out regardless of activity or not unless you accept to stay logged in..

The website is that slow that this has passed twice.. this is not just today.. its like this all the time, its as if they want you to miss the payment so they can prosecute you..

This council (Rochdale) are always making mistakes aswell.. for instance, this year they said i owed them double 1 for my property and another for another property i dont live at.. i tried contacting them and waited 40 mins for someone to pick up the phone and put it down.. i then went into ignore mode and they sent debt letters etc... still ignoring and then it stopped saying account settled?? what you on about ?? ffs..

Anyway, 30 minutes to pay bill online.. just gone through.. i would ring but they charge you for the call aswell.. 😂

If you own 2 properties you are liable for council tax on both unless one is rented out then the tenants are responsible for the council tax

Yeah you have to pay council tax on empty properties. 😔

Yeah i know guys... i only have 1 property though.. 😂 council just making it up that i had 2..

So in Canada we have Property Taxes which are about the same as Council Taxes. How come your banks don't have a way to direct pay via your online banking? At least in most areas you can add the city as a Payee and manually pay them. It takes max 2 days for the payment to be processed through the bank to the City.

So in Canada we have Property Taxes which are about the same as Council Taxes. How come your banks don't have a way to direct pay via your online banking? At least in most areas you can add the city as a Payee and manually pay them. It takes max 2 days for the payment to be processed through the bank to the City.

We can set direct payments via our online banking. Some people prefer not to do so.

Back