Liverpool Fans only section

Can't really compare the likes of Stevie G with Ronaldo and Messi.

Completely different players. Though, in my opinion Gerrard is the best Central midfielder in the world. He performs consistently every season and makes Liverpool a better side.

Ronaldo had a very good season last year and deserves the accolades but he's nowhere to be seen this season and I'm hard pressed to think when he has shone against the top teams in the world. He does well against the lesser teams not so good against the top teams.

As I've previously said you can't really compare Ronaldo and Gerrard as they are different players who play in different positions. Ronaldo spends most of his time in the oppositions half, rarely tracks back so it's pretty obvious he's more likely to score more goals than a midfielder in an advanced role.

But again, as I said before he is the best central midfielder or maybe even attacking midfielder in the world at the moment. There is the likes of Xavi.

He's not though is he Messi is and he's scored 19 goals this season from midfield Gerrards got 13 thats 2 less than Ronaldo who's apparently having a stinker !!!

1 Nicolas Anelka Chelsea 15
2 Cristiano Ronaldo Man Utd 15
3 Steven Gerrard Liverpool 13

:err: Messi and Ronaldo both attacking midfielders who can only play one way, Gerrard - all round midfielder who is all over the pitch how can you compare the 3?

Gerrarrd is no where near best player lol

He isn't the best in England never mind the World

Liverpool have played Gerrard as a second striker in the whole mostly and his goals have come from there not as a box to box midfileder

All those who say he defends and he attacks blah blah its rubbish Liverpool play 4-4-1-1 Gerrad in the whole Mascherano does the cleaning up and Alonso sprays the ball around with his excellent passing Gerrard hardly defends he is asked to play the more attacking role as you only play Torres as the only recognized striker

Yes we know Gerrard can do both things well defend and attack but this season he has played as a second striker

Also i wonder how many of his goals have come from a dead ball situation?

No doubt Gerrard is good player as he and Torres moslty carry the rest of the rubbish through but never is he best in the world Not even close in my opinion

Messi is the best in the World no doubt in my mind!

Gerrarrd is no where near best player lol

He isn't the best in England never mind the World

Liverpool have played Gerrard as a second striker in the whole mostly and his goals have come from there not as a box to box midfileder

All those who say he defends and he attacks blah blah its rubbish Liverpool play 4-4-1-1 Gerrad in the whole Mascherano does the cleaning up and Alonso sprays the ball around with his excellent passing Gerrard hardly defends he is asked to play the more attacking role as you only play Torres as the only recognized striker

Yes we know Gerrard can do both things well defend and attack but this season he has played as a second striker

Also i wonder how many of his goals have come from a dead ball situation?

No doubt Gerrard is good player as he and Torres moslty carry the rest of the rubbish through but never is he best in the world Not even close in my opinion

Messi is the best in the World no doubt in my mind!

The rest of the rubbish beat your fooking lot at anfield mate.

:err: Messi and Ronaldo both attacking midfielders who can only play one way, Gerrard - all round midfielder who is all over the pitch how can you compare the 3?

It's not about comparisons is it...........It's who's the better player full stop, that's the point of the award (or theyd give one out for every position on the park).......Last year it was Ronaldo and this years it's Messi, Gerrards got a long way to go to get anywhere near that trophy. Michael Essien had him in his pocket last night, best player in the world LOL absolutely no chance.

After Manchester United beat Aston Villa, Sir Alex Ferguson was asked who he thought posed the bigger threat to us winning the Premier League for a third consecutive year. Our boss, in all his wisdom, said the winner of the Chelsea vs Liverpool Champions League quarter-finals, with their boosted confidence, would probably be the most dangerous.

For whatever reason, Rafael Benitez took offence to this. Maybe it was the voices in his head or maybe he forgot to take his medication, but he was not a happy bunny at all.

The man who spent five minutes of a press conference for his side’s match against Stoke City talking about Sir Alex Ferguson, insanely claimed that he didn’t like to talk about other teams. He also claimed that Ferguson was “scared” of the team a point behind us the league, despite playing a game more. Hmmm.

POP… what’s that sound? Could it be their bubble bursting?

“Ferguson likes to talk too much about other teams.” Fact? Fiction. Ferguson was simply answering a question posed to him by the press.

“Maybe he is a little bit scared.” Fact? Fiction. We beat Chelsea 3-0 at home. We are one point clear at the top. We have a game in hand. Scared? Of a manager who has never even finished in the top two in England and a team who haven’t won the league for almost two decades?

“Ferguson will be supporting Liverpool because we are the biggest threat now.” Fact? Fiction. There are just three points between Chelsea and Liverpool in the league and like Fergie pointed out before the game, the winner will have all the confidence and self-belief going. Also, our manager would never support the vermin. He’s not a masochist remember!

With five minutes to go and Liverpool desperately needing a goal, the only atmosphere audible on the television was the ever-creative Chelsea fans, chanting “We love you Chelsea, we do!”. Two minutes to go, it was “Gerrard, what’s the score?” that could be heard above all else. One minute to go and it was “We want four!”. As injury time came about, “where’s your famous atmosphere?”. In between the rentboy piss-taking, there was a diluted chorus of YNWA, but as soon as the corner amounted to nothing, they fell silent again. Getting owned by fucking Chelsea fans?!

So, who’s scared now, you fat Spanish waiter? And tranny (Torres) won’t be happy!

Theres a surprise, I wouldnt expect a manc to admit that a liverpool player is the best in the world at the moment but i think i would take the opinion of one of the most respected players in the world over yours .

So zidanes not a complete nut job then ? LOL

It's not about comparisons is it...........It's who's the better player full stop, that's the point of the award (or theyd give one out for every position on the park).......Last year it was Ronaldo and this years it's Messi, Gerrards got a long way to go to get anywhere near that trophy. Michael Essien had him in his pocket last night, best player in the world LOL absolutely no chance.

As a man u fan even i can admit Gerrard not got a long way to go think he should be named this years premiership player of the year and Messi world player of the year,think if Essien had been fit all season he would have been contender as i think he is awesome,Ronaldo not having as good a season as last but still not to bad still getting plenty of goals

the night is ours:Clap::Clap:

It most certainly wasn't. We were utter shite, it'll take an absolute miracle for us to get to the semi final now. I can't see Chelski shipping 3 goals at the Bridge. We caught that disease that's been afflicting manu over the last 4 or 5 games, it's called not defending properly, Jesus 2 soft goals to give away from set pieces. Full marks to Chelski though, when they went 1 down they never sat back and thought about catching us on the break and really got back into the game. At the end of the day they were far better. Just to point out to any mancs that want to have a go, feel free, but you were also very lucky against Porto, both sides could have shipped 4 or 5 goals but for better finishing from Drogba and the Porto players, so we both got off rather lightly. Manu have a far better chance than Liverpool of making the semi's but I wouldn't bet on it.

Sump

Well whoever has Barcelona in the semi final, god bless them..

After Manchester United beat Aston Villa, Sir Alex Ferguson was asked who he thought posed the bigger threat to us winning the Premier League for a third consecutive year. Our boss, in all his wisdom, said the winner of the Chelsea vs Liverpool Champions League quarter-finals, with their boosted confidence, would probably be the most dangerous.

For whatever reason, Rafael Benitez took offence to this. Maybe it was the voices in his head or maybe he forgot to take his medication, but he was not a happy bunny at all.

The man who spent five minutes of a press conference for his side’s match against Stoke City talking about Sir Alex Ferguson, insanely claimed that he didn’t like to talk about other teams. He also claimed that Ferguson was “scared” of the team a point behind us the league, despite playing a game more. Hmmm.

POP… what’s that sound? Could it be their bubble bursting?

“Ferguson likes to talk too much about other teams.” Fact? Fiction. Ferguson was simply answering a question posed to him by the press.

“Maybe he is a little bit scared.” Fact? Fiction. We beat Chelsea 3-0 at home. We are one point clear at the top. We have a game in hand. Scared? Of a manager who has never even finished in the top two in England and a team who haven’t won the league for almost two decades?

“Ferguson will be supporting Liverpool because we are the biggest threat now.” Fact? Fiction. There are just three points between Chelsea and Liverpool in the league and like Fergie pointed out before the game, the winner will have all the confidence and self-belief going. Also, our manager would never support the vermin. He’s not a masochist remember!

With five minutes to go and Liverpool desperately needing a goal, the only atmosphere audible on the television was the ever-creative Chelsea fans, chanting “We love you Chelsea, we do!”. Two minutes to go, it was “Gerrard, what’s the score?” that could be heard above all else. One minute to go and it was “We want four!”. As injury time came about, “where’s your famous atmosphere?”. In between the rentboy piss-taking, there was a diluted chorus of YNWA, but as soon as the corner amounted to nothing, they fell silent again. Getting owned by fucking Chelsea fans?!

So, who’s scared now, you fat Spanish waiter? And tranny (Torres) won’t be happy!

You beat chelsea 3-0 at home, so what ? we beat you 4-1 at your home, where are you going with this ?

as for the atmosphere, at 3-1 down what would you expect, shellshocked was the feeling in general, but YNWA was still loud and proud.
I am pretty sure I heard a pin drop at old trafford tuesday night after the final whistle ;)

Chelsea played really well last night and deserved the win, but why is that a signal for you to spout your usual bollox, its not like you owned lowly Porto on Tuesday is it ? Porto were stuffed by Arsenal 4-0 this season, thought you might have remembered that with the way you like to compare results, lol.

Anyway forgetting Ronaldo121's usual dross, does Rafa call it a day in the champions league and rest players against the chav's in the second leg, or does he go all out to try and turn this around, slim as the chances are of doing that ?

Last edited:
You beat chelsea 3-0 at home, so what ? we beat you 4-1 at your home, where are you going with this ?

as for the atmosphere, at 3-1 down what would you expect, shellshocked was the feeling in general, but YNWA was still loud and proud.
I am pretty sure I heard a pin drop at old trafford tuesday night after the final whistle ;)

Chelsea played really well last night and deserved the win, but why is that a signal for you to spout your usual bollox, its not like you owned lowly Porto on Tuesday is it ? Porto were stuffed by Arsenal 4-0 this season, thought you might have remembered that with the way you like to compare results, lol.

Anyway forgetting Ronaldo121's usual dross, does Rafa call it a day in the champions league and rest players against the chav's in the second leg, or does he go all out to try and turn this around, slim as the chances are of doing that ?

All the scouser - manc bitching aside I reckon Rafa should just forget about this tie now and concentrate on the league. Just cant see Chelski conceding 3 goals, not now theyre so far ahead in the tie anyway. Liverpool's best chance was to try and get Torres in to use his pace but fat chance of Chelsea pushing out that far to give him space in behind not with a 2 goal cushion (well 3 really). Chelsea will more likely play on the break and I can actually see them scoring again maybe not just the once either. Just pray you don't concede anymore corners this season lol or the wheels could really come off, when is the message going to hit home that zonal marking don't work for Liverpool. Middlesborough, stoke now chelsea to name just a few, one things for sure Blackburn will be pushing for a corner every time they get the ball on Saturday now and all the teams after that. Liverpool's defense was nearly as calamitous as Utd's.
PS you only sing when your winning :nopity:

Back