Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

little help please

madmanc

Inactive User
currently i have a dm800 hd and a sky hd sub.
i want to set myself a share up for 3 bedrooms for sky package.
heres what i though

add multy room to sky to get a spare card for dm800(i want to keep the original sky hd box for downstairs as wife knows how to use it lol)

i use dm800 downstairs for saturday footy ,

use multy room card in dm800 to share to the 3 rooms

what are the cheapest boxes to do this? pref with option to record if i add a storage device.

and is there any way to do it without adding sat feed from dish to all 3 rooms?

thanks alot

currently i have a dm800 hd and a sky hd sub.
i want to set myself a share up for 3 bedrooms for sky package.
heres what i though

add multy room to sky to get a spare card for dm800(i want to keep the original sky hd box for downstairs as wife knows how to use it lol)

i use dm800 downstairs for saturday footy ,

use multy room card in dm800 to share to the 3 rooms

what are the cheapest boxes to do this? pref with option to record if i add a storage device.

and is there any way to do it without adding sat feed from dish to all 3 rooms?

thanks alot
thing is if you get multiroom you have to have both boxes connected to the phone line for call back

is there not a way to force a call back every month?

as far as i know there isn't unlike updates where you can get a rough idea from cccam or newcs files when you need to pop youre card back in the box but even these aren't 100%
i have had to phone up to get my freesat card reactivated told them i had been away etc etc ,
multiroom is different as they have that card tied to that box and the phoneline and they call it every now and again to make sure it is where it should be if it is not as far as i know you will get a bill for the full price for the multiroom as if you think about it what is stopping you going further take out multiroom subs and then selling the sub and box on to your mates your folks who ever at a reduced rate and making yourself a few quid on top you pay a tenner then sell on for whatever .
this is one of the reasons they have the security features built in as the same would happen if it was on a diff number as no number maybe digi or someone in the know could verify if im right or wrong
i have heard in the past people trying to get round things by cutting the modem wire and connecting a 9v pp3 battery to mimick the electric current from the phone etc when they wanted to take the box away to the caravan but leave the normal at home for the family but i do not think it worked if anyone tried it and had success fair play

I have multiroom and have had since March. None of my boxes are connected to the phone. I have no way of connecting the 2nd box to a phone line as I only have one box (downstairs) . Im sure if they billed you you could mention they didnt connect it when they done the installation. I asked the installer abou connecting it and he said they would contact me. Downstairs cant be connect because the box was to far away from the phone socket.

The cards are paired to the boxes as I had to phone to get my service running, the installer put the wrong card in each box. Activated over the phone.

Back