LiteOn won't release key

woodchin

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been trying to retrieve the key from a Liteon all evening, I have done a handfull of these and found them pretty straight forward but this one don't want to know.

All I get is -
DVD Key:
Seems not a good DVD key

I have tried the paperclip eject aswell, even re-soldered all joints and tried a fresh floppy.
Getting the same results on a native SATA port and on a VIA card.

I'm wondering if I have a new LiteOn revision, if I have how would I find out.

Woody.

Done it....

I ejected and closed the tray half a dozen times or so before setting it half way, then continued and the key was displayed.

Woody.

The drive is supposed to be half open mate, although a few drives will give you the key regardless of wether open or closed.

Glad u got it sorted.

For ref what i do is eject the tray open !! then press the eject button to close @ this point i pull the power cable from the drive whilst the tray is on its way in >>
then set the tray 2 around 1/2 way in/out then return the power cable ...
i check the status in xbox dash and if it says opening its good to go
i tried all other methods paper clip, stopping the tray manually , etc etc all poo for me
i find if the dash is not reporting opening no worky worky
i done quite a few this way neva had an issue

I use a v2 connectivity kit to power all my drives, with the RS232 soldered + plugged into it.

Never had an issue using the manual eject on the underside.

Thats with 6038's 6039 and LiteOn's, so seems a pretty solid method to me.

This is the way I normally do them with a connectivity 2 kit

"For ref what i do is eject the tray open !! then press the eject button to close @ this point i pull the power cable from the drive whilst the tray is on its way in >>
then set the tray 2 around 1/2 way in/out then return the power cable ..."

Just that this one was a pig, all worked perfectly once I closed and ejected it a few times as soon as I turned it on, then pulled the connectivity kit out as it closes.

Thanks for your replies.
Woody.

Back