Links getting blocked! Help plz!

primal

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

when i try clicking a link such as www.google.com it doesnt work, nothin happens, ive turned my pop up blocker off and still the same, can someone plz help me.

ive got the Zonealarm firewall, jus checked now its on high, i turned the firewall off but still not working :(

Last edited:
if you turn on your pop up blocker then go to google.com then click on pop up blocker then most recent pop ups then click on the google one and accept

hope this helps

its not just the google one i cant click on, its all links mate, if someone gives me a link to another thread on the forum, nothin happens when i click it.

Thanks for ur replies :)

primal said:
its not just the google one i cant click on, its all links mate, if someone gives me a link to another thread on the forum, nothin happens when i click it.

Thanks for ur replies :)
have you tried right click and open link in a new window

Have you have any pop up blocker toolbar installed and try firefox browser its free and its much better than IE.

Ive used spybot search and destroy and got rid of everythin, and the same thing happens when i try opening in a new window, i also turned my pop up blocker off but same :(

Thanks for replies.

primal said:
Ive used spybot search and destroy and got rid of everythin, and the same thing happens when i try opening in a new window, i also turned my pop up blocker off but same :(

Thanks for replies.
dont know if this will work but unistall ie and reinstall it

primal said:
how do i uninstall it mate?? its not in add or remove programs.
i dont know how have you got firefox if you have then this might resolve you problem i have it and its alot safer and you dont get and pop ups go to google and search firefox and its the second one in list mozilla install that

primal said:
thanks but i dont really want firefox, i jus want to sort this out.

tbh m8 it seems that getting

[DLMURL="http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-1.5&os=win&lang=en-US"]firefox[/DLMURL]
OR
opera

is the only way to solve the problem... those links might work because they are a direct link to the download...

if it doesnt work, ask a friend to download one for you, put it on a floppy/CD and install on your pc...

hope you solve the problem :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the help mate :) even when i get a new email on msn i cannot click on it when it comes up with 1 new email message, i have to go on hotmail.com to view my emails. I dont really wanna download firefox.

Can any1 help me plz ?

primal said:
Thanks for the help mate :) even when i get a new email on msn i cannot click on it when it comes up with 1 new email message, i have to go on hotmail.com to view my emails. I dont really wanna download firefox.

Can any1 help me plz ?

forgive me for pressing this issue, but why do you not want to download firefox?

bluesboy said:
what happens if you try and open a window holding the control key down??

Nothin happens mate, before when i did it the link used 2 open in a new window, now nothin happens.

ive finally sorted it :):):)

Can i say a BIG Thank you 2 DiscoDave, he helped me sort this out and it worked straight away, your a star mate.

: thanks :

Back