Limo driver stole my stepsons booze!!

The guy confiscated it and I would have done the same, letting your underage kids have a beer at home and sending them out in public with spirits in the duty of care of another adult are two completley different things - I would have taken it and poured it into the gutter.

Still at least he probably learnt that life can be a bitch i suppose, hope it didnt ruin his night too much

If this was a "round trip" service, then the driver had ample opportunity to hand back what was not his. Lets put this into perspective, the limo driver has thought to himself " Cool a wee drink for me tonight" and thought no more of it, Im pretty sure the driver wouldn't have physically searched the "kids", more likely just said hand over all alcohol now or.....(insert your preferred ultimatum here police,parents chucked out limo). It was his next move that let him down IMHO, he pulled a fast one, and i think Digi has every right to be pissed off about it.

Talk of suing or bringing charges for assault are a tad over the top. If it were me I would call the Limo driver up and tell him to drop it round or (once again insert your ultimatum here/ Gonna tell his boss, Gonna "see you myself" ect ect ect).

Also a tad over the top to just say "he was doing his job"...........everything is not black and white. To anyone with an ounce of common sense this situation lands "right in the middle", Good - He was being proactive, and showed the kids that he wont tolerate booze in his limo. - Bad that it either didn't get returned to them after they left his care, Or return to depot or return to parents.......instead he "pulled a fast one, which im my little life amounts to abuse of power, or in some cases down right bullying.......Just my 2p worth.

i wish i had gone to your kids school...allowin them to bring drink

so why didnt the girls mother step in when driver started searching them??? which is against the law but so is buyin alcohol for anyone under the age of 18...

what a joke.

I had my prom 2 years ago and we were pissed getting into the limo and were drinking the whole way.

The 1 difference was that we were all 18/19.
he had every right to take the drink from them or whatever he did.
What limo driver wants underage kids drinking in the back of their limo?
You say your step-son is responsible,well he was with a group and from my experience theres always 1(me being the messer in my group lol),who will go wild.
If they cant handle their drink,which is true for 99% of kids under 18.

Are you having a laugh? The kids got illegal alcohol in the back of his limo and your trying to be a cock and get the driver done with assault?

You should probably apply your sense in America, you'd be a millionaire.

lets not get personal eh, i made a comment (which im entitled to do) and did not slag off anyone or their comment (yours included) so please dont call me a "cock" , chill out fella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we wonder why the youth of today are disturbed, the driver did the right thing, Parenting classes are need here

Well my view on society today is if more people paid that sort of attention to the kids (searching where we feel nessesary) there would not be so many stabbings as I'm sure you would find more knives than vodka on kids nowadays.

As to digicol's kid thats a parent that trusts his son to be responsible hence the freedom that his been allowed.

The driver most probably had an after thought, about the return journey and the possibility of someone puking up in the back.

myself id say the drivers is an arse if he didnt want alchohol in his limo then he shouldnt have had it running on prom night taking under 18s id go round and kick off as he shouldnt have "stolen" the vodka if it was unopened he had no right taking it off him it wouldnt happen in a taxi so why should it happen in a gloryfied one if it was opened the thats different but i would seriously complain and get reimbursed for the whole lot of alchohol m8

erm it will be one of the drivers busy nights as most limos will have been booked for this prom ?! fair enough not letting them drink in his limo but to take it off them is a piss take

its ok for the kids to have alcohol, the teacher said they could lol

It's illegal for an under 18 to have alcohol, and don't give me the same old crap we can do what we like in our own home, your wrong, It is against the law to purchase alcohol for an under 18, it's against the law to give alcohol to an under 18

all well and good but its not up to the limo driver to take the alcohol off them he could have refused to take them with alcohol on board but he didnt he took it home with him (probably)

sorry mus be my mistake i thought the whole point of the thread was the fact the vodka wasnt been waved about and drunk on the limo it was the fact he had to be searched by the limo driver to find it .
regardless of the law on alcohol the limo driver shouldnt have searched the kids .
the driver had covered himself by refusing to take them with a bottle of cider on show clearly displayed this.

if the vodka was waved about then fair enough limo driver is a jobsworth thats up to him

it looks like were not gonna reach agreement on this so im gonna stop posting on it as its just my opinion as i stated before in this case suspected or not he shouldnt have searched the kids he aint a copper if he had done it to my stepson i would be wel pissed off with the limo company

i said i want gonna post and i dont know what convaluted means so here goes :

he knew cos he ferkin searched them how else do i have to say it to you he put his hands into the pockets of the sixteen or seventeen year old and pulled out the vodka hey ferkin presto vodka found.
the bottle of cider in the beggining was the first indicator does that help you ?

(yes i am pissed off now i thought we were all allowed an opinion right or wrong but if it dont go along with yours then we all end having to go around in circles untill we see the error of our ways and agree with you karym as i said it my opinon and i shouldnt have to back it up with right and wrong all feck all else its what i think)

Speaking as a parent the limo driver was correct....

He has a legal obligation for the safety of his passengers, now add alcohol to minors (even if unopened when entering who polices they don't drink when he is busy watching the road ) whom are not experienced with regular consumption then as the driver of the vehicle they are traveling in, becomes responsible for their safety, if he removes the source element of risk then he delivers his passengers safely to their prom and they can continue to enjoy the rest of their night.

Now if he was to return their alcohol then I suspect he is then liable with supplying a minor with alcohol and as such subject to prosecution..

Forget about the limo driver and concentrate your efforts on the rest of your kids future..

Think when they graduate from university they will be legal to have alcohol in limo plus they will be experts in its consumption...

Regards

Taff

Speaking as a parent the limo driver was correct....

He has a legal obligation for the safety of his passengers, now add alcohol to minors (even if unopened when entering who polices they don't drink when he is busy watching the road ) whom are not experienced with regular consumption then as the driver of the vehicle they are traveling in, becomes responsible for their safety, if he removes the source element of risk then he delivers his passengers safely to their prom and they can continue to enjoy the rest of their night.

Now if he was to return their alcohol then I suspect he is then liable with supplying a minor with alcohol and as such subject to prosecution..

Forget about the limo driver and concentrate your efforts on the rest of your kids future..

Think when they graduate from university they will be legal to have alcohol in limo plus they will be experts in its consumption...

Regards

Taff

Speaking as a parent the limo driver was correct.... maybe he was taff ? "but only if his motives were as you say m8" {in my book its called theft because he did'nt return the goods when they left his limo}--"infact there was no mention that they could pick it up at the drivers depot"

"is it legal" to confiscate booze from underage drinkers ??????? and possibly drink it.

"HOW" anyone in this thread can judge the poster and his kids is beyond me {you dont know them}

Think when they graduate from university they will be legal to have alcohol in limo plus they will be experts in its consumption...--"true", but are you saying they will behave any better in a limo if there drunk ???

underage drinking laws are there for a pupose { but noone can say to me there 16/17 years olds have,nt had a sly drink, "its human nature"}---and obviosly they dont tell there parants

if your a responsible parent and you trust your kids {then i dont see what the problem is}--"because they will drink anyway regardless of what the parent says"

its the people passing these underage drinking laws {you need to worry about taff}--"creaming off all kinds of money and calling them expences}, "these are the biggest lawbreakers"

You know this thing about "is it legal" is why society is so fooked up, too many do gooders.
I grew up in the West Indies and when I got my ass wooped at school for misbehaving I could not tell my parents as I'd get wooped again my dad would say "you must have done somthing wrong I never send you school to get wooped" so he or mum would my ass again!! I remember one day we were walking in a group and I shouted out "asshole" to a friend who was annoying me and this woman was passing wooped my ass, now how would I have complained to my dad because I would have to tell him that I swore and risk getting whooped again!!
It never did me any harm I've never had any trouble with the law ever and I know its down to my upbringing.

The point i'm making is these do gooders are doing more harm to our kids.
I was not there but I hope that the Limo driver was doing what he thought was best for the kids

Back