Leeds starts N1 switchoff !

nozzer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Leeds area is starting to switch off the N1 encryption stream in favour of its new Rom180 cards. Today, Sky sports1, Sky Premiere +1 & Zee TV have been switched over. If all goes well its expected that all premium channels and +1 channels will switch tomorrow !

thats alot quicker then expected....hope the Leeds guys enjoyed their 2 day fun fix!!

thats alot quicker then expected....hope the Leeds guys enjoyed their 2 day fun fix!!

It is indeed, they've obviously decided to give Leeds an early Christmas present !

Seriously though, it shows that they can actually implement this stuff pretty quickly when they put their mind to it. Its only a week or so since the last cards were delivered. Whichever area they pick on next can expect to be gone in three months and I guess the switch will be complete by next year end at the latest !

Surely everyone hasnt got their card though,theres bound to be alot that have gone missing!!

I bet their customer service lines have been on fire today lol

This was posted in the DBOX section of the forum earleir.

As you know our customers in Leeds, Harrogate and York have been busy swapping their TV viewing cards over the last few weeks so the time has now arrived today, Tuesday 1 December, to switch off the first set of channels (Sky Sports 1 / Sky Movies Premier +1 and Zee TV) and start the transition over to the new platform. After we've had a chance to review the impact a further set of channels will switch off tomorrow at 2pm (All premiums including Sky Sports and Movies, ESPN channels and all plus 1's).

The impact of this upon Sales is that we expect to see an increase in calls and sales enquiries from this area of those people that have been viewing our TV for free by fraudulent means but have now decided to buy our TV service legitimately.

This group of people won't have received a new card to swap and will therefore be unable to switch back on those channels which are being switched off on the old platform.

There is a high likelihood that these customers will choose to buy on-line, however many will call in or visit one of our stores; they are also unlikely to admit to previously taking our services for free.

Please be aware though that some people may mention that they have lost some of their channels, if this is the case then check to see if they are a TV customer and if they aren't then explain that we don't have them recorded as a customer and that you are able to arrange for them to receive our TV service (some customers may want to up-sell too if they have been fraudulently taking additional channels on top of their M TV service).

What we are doingAs part of the smartcard swap pilot for the Leeds region we will be making a number of channel drops to 'switch off' channels on the old platform. This will result in a loss of some channels for any Virgin Media TV subscriber in the Leeds region who has not successfully swapped their old card for the new one.

What the customer will see
Customers who have not swapped their smartcard after the scheduled channel drops may see one or both of the on screen pop-up messages:

Swap your card now! Your old TV Smart Card will stop working any day now. To keep watching TV, insert your new TV Smart Card now. If you don't have your new TV Smart Card, call us now on 0800 052 0056. This is not a fault with your TV.

Lost some channels? If you don't have a valid subscription you may have lost some channels. To keep enjoying Virgin TV call us on 0800 408 9305 or go to Virgin TV - Digital TV - Virgin Media (we won't ask where you got access to Virgin TV from.) This message is not a fault.

Expected Errors
Customers may see the following error messages/codes on all channels on their TV:

-1202, 1203, 1204

The customer will see a blank screen - this is on ALL box types

Once the customer has swapped their card, these should disappear. Please be aware, the card swap process can take up to 20 minutes to complete - please ensure that you take this into account when dealing with the customer.

Please follow the FDT resolution.

When are the channel drops taking place?

-1st Dec - 'Channel Drop 1a' (02:00 am)

We will then assess the impact of the drop on the 1st to see if we can continue with further drops on the 2nd.

-2nd Dec - Channel Drop 1b (14:00)

Which channels are being dropped?
1st Dec : Sky Sports 1 / Sky Movies Premier +1 and Zee TV will be dropped at around 2am.

Then, pending review we will look to continue with the below:

2nd Dec : All premiums including sky sports and movies, espn channels and all plus 1's will be dropped at around 2pm."

On another forum one of the members reported that they did a few tests with the new card and discovered that they will be merging excw & tw areas due to the excw cards using TW id.

If this is true they may just send cards to excw & TW areas first then do pure areas at a later date.

On another forum one of the members reported that they did a few tests with the new card and discovered that they will be merging excw & tw areas due to the excw cards using TW id.

If this is true they may just send cards to excw & TW areas first then do pure areas at a later date.

al that means is instead off haveing three provier id's
5c01,5a01,5401 is they merge them into 1 id 5a01 i would guess that the setup will make it easier for them when n3 is fully up and running.

Pure areas are somewhat different to CW & TW so its unlikely that the physical networks will be merged quickly. That doesn't mean that Pure areas cant use new encryption or the TW Id though and it does appear that there is a Pure test area currently being tested with the new streams.

Leeds turning off n1? I am not to shocked bout news as it was bound 2 happen soon. so i will check my kryptview in next few days 2 c wat happens then.

only time will tell.....they are planning on turning more off today.......

if that goes to plan then expect the lot to disapear within a couple of weeks if not days.......

Ill be watching for 100 new threads a day "box does not work, i cant contact my "mate" to fix my box" and all the other crap

At this rate Leeds may complete the changeover to N3 by the end of the week. Looks like they really do mean business and with Christmas coming they would want to see an increase in their sales also the engineers would have a cut off period where they can no longer do any new installs until after Christmas.

At this rate Leeds may complete the changeover to N3 by the end of the week. Looks like they really do mean business and with Christmas coming they would want to see an increase in their sales also the engineers would have a cut off period where they can no longer do any new installs until after Christmas.

Cutting it fine with this idea, 2 weeks of installs could be massively underestimating the amount of work that needs to be done. Although im sure Sly will have a few phone calls about installs this week.

aye there moving fast,movies gone now,as well as plus1s and asian-ssport 2 3 and extra still on tho

to the drawing board we go, time to start looking into other means

all these 'it'll take years comments' and theres no way the old pace boxes will cope with n3' etc count for nothing now,

I'm no longer on cable anyway but while i was i got a good few years free tv out of them so i send out a big thanx to vm for their charity and service but as the doors would sing... "this is the end..." :)

(until the next big thing comes along anyway lol)

all these 'it'll take years comments' and theres no way the old pace boxes will cope with n3' etc count for nothing now,

I'm no longer on cable anyway but while i was i got a good few years free tv out of them so i send out a big thanx to vm for their charity and service but as the doors would sing... "this is the end..." :)

(until the next big thing comes along anyway lol)

Just get a dreambox install CCcam ;)

Back