leave your net work open? .....

now here's 2 guys i never thought i'd see in a fight lol.

c'mon you pair of tarts :)

M8, I'm not getting into a p1ssing competition with you, I have no axe to grind, & it would be pointless anyway.

As for the other convo, I gave you my honest opinion, it wasn't a go at you, because believe it or not, I think you're OK, you just needed some tough love, if you didn't want to hear it, then don't ask our opinions in an open forum :)

That being said, my comments obviously irked you, as you quoted two of them in a totally unrelated post?
--
Right, back on track...the best solution would be to leave the poor sods connection alone.

If you feel the need to be the network saviour of your street, knock on doors, if that is too much of an in your face thing, lock down their router and do not allow any network traffic to pass through, they will soon learn.

It's like mum and dad fighting again.

No!

@ Seedy

the reason that i posted that was a little of reversed cycology, forgive me, i know you meant well, ok moving on...

and they all lived happily ever after:)

honest ;)

dibbers, just a thought mate

not all people would know about securing there networks, my parents wouldnt have a clue...

it might be some old people your messing around with.. best bet is too either ignore it or help them...

not having a go, just thinking outside the fun box lol

If you really wanted to be helpful, and not spiteful, then why don't you just print 1 sheet with instructions on how secure their own network with a short message explaining why they need to.

If you really wanted to be helpful, and not spiteful, then why don't you just print 1 sheet with instructions on how secure their own network with a short message explaining why they need to.

:Clap:

Better than what I was about to suggest - printing off "I've set your wireless password to..." and then setting it on the router.

It's amazing how many people don't know how to secure there net work.

Dibbers mate, I think sending a message how to secure your net work is a great idea, but also put a note on it to say if you would like some help to do this, then contact me on >>>>>>>> (what ever means you decide). They might appreciate your help to solve this major problem.

Back