Laws regarding sales of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
What do people think about these laws?

I'm really ill and I probably need to buy a couple of packs of Ibuprofen and a paracetemol to see me through, but because the laws say 2 packs per sale, I have to buy some, and then return at some point to get some more. Totally ridicuous imo, especially when I'm feeling like crap and shouldn't be out the house!

Surely if I want to overdose (and I assume that's what this is about), I can do it by buying multiple packs at different times on the same day?? Or use different tablets, or drink bleach or whatever.

Just seems a bit of an odd law to me.

yeah its crazy, but apparently it's to stop impulse suicides.

paracetamol damages your liver, so even if you change your mind after taking all the tablets, and have your stomach pumped, it can be too late.

i knew a teenager that took a load of paracetamol because her boyfriend broke up with her, she ended up in hospital saying how she hadnt meant it and it was just a spur of the moment thing etc

she was dead of liver failure two days later :(

Its that same old thing aint it all about common sense and the way you use them.i think its ridiculas cause paracetamol are say what 16 per packet max?.But yet you can buy a 32pack of say codiene and paracetamol.Im on pailnkillers at the mo as i cant see my dentist till end of jan nd i really dont like taking them.But i honestly think its stupid you wouldnt be stopped buying 5crates of larger which could possibly do the same damage if not more.

I believe paracetamol now have an anti-suicide drug in with them to prevent there use for this supposedly gives the hospital more time to deal the patient before they suffer any severe symptoms or death.

I get painkillers on script once a month on repeat so always have plenty in so this defeats the object in the case of impulse suicide if you have people in your family who attempt it as you wouldn't know how many they had taken.

It is a silly rule though as it's easy to go in and out of a superstore while shopping to buy some more in the same day.

What do people think about these laws?

I'm really ill and I probably need to buy a couple of packs of Ibuprofen and a paracetemol to see me through, but because the laws say 2 packs per sale, I have to buy some, and then return at some point to get some more. Totally ridicuous imo, especially when I'm feeling like crap and shouldn't be out the house!

Surely if I want to overdose (and I assume that's what this is about), I can do it by buying multiple packs at different times on the same day?? Or use different tablets, or drink bleach or whatever.

Just seems a bit of an odd law to me.
go to your doctor he will give you 200

So my local pound land is breaking the law with3 packs fora quid? a two pack limit sound more likea store policy to me

yeh it is

i got my local pharmacy i get cocodamol then ask for paracetamol and i get refused

personally i think ibuprofen is more dangerous as it can severely feck up your stomach

paracetamol shuts down the liver, thats why people who wake up with a hang over and take them then get the 3PM hangover once its out of your system, and your liver kicks back in

oh come on your making out paracetamol causes liver damage if taking as prescribed

oh come on your making out paracetamol causes liver damage if taking as prescribed

me?

no m8, one of the affects of paracetamol, even in low doses is that is slows and stops the liver from functioning, its a side affect if you like. People who wake up with a banging headache ofter a night out often take them for the headache, without realising that the headache is part of the bodys system cleaning the toxins out, which the liver mainly does, pop the paracetamol, stop the headache, but also stop the cleaning and keep the toxins in the blood, drug wears off, liver kicks back in, toxins start flowing again, 3PM hangover

Its crazy, i was in tescos and had someone on a till tell me i could only but my cold and flu stuff, and paracetamol but not colpol for the kids, wtf.. I said i can bau as much boozie to kill my self and as many cigs to smoke myself to death but Not what i need for the hang over and the kids cold.

She gave in and let me pay for them after. Its a joke tho, when knifes and guns are easier to get than pills.

Back