Latest Yahoo Messenger

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive erased my older version of Yahoo messenger and iam trying to download the latest version from they'r site but when i hit the "run" button i get an error box popping up (see attachment).

Ive also tried choosing the "save" option instead of run and it saves the install icon to my desktop screen but I still get same result when I click it.

Anyone any ideas ?

what do u mean by you 'erased it'. i mean, did u uninstall it properly, or did u just go around deleting the program files from your hard drive?

MA_2K5 said:
what do u mean by you 'erased it'. i mean, did u uninstall it properly, or did u just go around deleting the program files from your hard drive?

Its ok mate, its sorted now :)

For information purpose though, heres what happened >>

The latest version of yahoo caused me a great deal of problems, when I managed to eventually get it dowloaded, it would install but wouldnt let me sign in etc, if I did manage to sign in it wouldnt let me sign out either :(
Then the biggest problem was that when I tried to turn my computer off, it took absolutley ages, the desktop screen just sat there with the little timer going round and round, then eventually it would shut down after about 5 minutes.
It was defo "the latest version of yahoo messenger" that was somehow causing these problems, i know because when I uninstalled the program the computer ran fine, I tried reinstalling/uninstalling it a few times and always got the same results.

So, at the end of the day, I just settled for using system restore and everything is working fine now (good old system restore).

Ive never ever had probs like that before with yahoo messenger, I dunno what was going on.
But anyway, I just thought I would let ya all know incase someone else experience's the same thing.

cheers :pimp:

thanx 4 da info. sorry i couldnt help earlier. good old system restore :)

www.freecreed.com

m8 dont update the yahoo m8 go and download it again illl give you a link to download it ill pm you it.when it has downloaded go to your c drive then hit explore.then program files then yahoo then open yahoo. fine a file updater then just rename it.you wont have to update yahoo again hope this helps...

did you get the link i sent with the pm if so go to the older yahoos and download 1 from bout 3 lines up from da bottom.if you r stuck i will help you out:) :asta:

airmax said:
did you get the link i sent with the pm if so go to the older yahoos and download 1 from bout 3 lines up from da bottom.if you r stuck i will help you out:) :asta:

i didnt get the link mate, just post it in here, should be ok :)

edit, there again, dont post the link if its a link to another forum or summit like that.

Pm me it if ya like :)

airmax said:

So you gonna send this link or what ?

does anyone have any experience of they'r yahoo messenger working ok BUT the webcam doesnt work properley, whats happening here is I try and start a webcam chat with my pal and the cam picture is just black (no picture).

Anyone got any ideas how to fix this ?

p.s
The cam works fine in msn messenger etc.

thomson said:
does anyone have any experience of they'r yahoo messenger working ok BUT the webcam doesnt work properley, whats happening here is I try and start a webcam chat with my pal and the cam picture is just black (no picture).

p.s

Anyone ??? :silly:

thomson said:

p.s

Anyone got a fix for the above problem ??????
Also, heres the link for older versions of messengers www.freecreed.com (thanks to airmax). :pimp:

try this m8

If you still cannot see your image in the My Webcam window, then try the following.
Shut down Yahoo! Messenger if it is currently running.
From the Windows Start menu in the bottom left-corner of your screen, click Run.
In the input area, type regedit and press Enter. The registry editor application should open.
On the left side, expand the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder (or key), then expand the Software folder under it, and select Yahoo.
If there is a Webcam folder, go to the next step. If there is no Webcam below the Yahoo folder, go to the Edit menu and click New, Key, and type Webcam.
Select the Webcam folder.
From the Edit menu, click on New, DWORD Value, and type UseVFW without any spaces.
Double-click on the entry UseVFW and change the entry in Value data to 1. Then click okay.
Exit the Registry Editor application.
Restart Messenger and try starting your webcam by clicking Start My Webcam from the main window's Tools menu.
Note:If you are on Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to be logged in as an administrator for these registry entries to be updated successfully.

iam gonna give that a go and see how it go's, I will let ya all know.

Back