Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Latest Tom tom Mobile V5.xx

hoss6800

Member ++
Hi,

I am currently useing tomtom mobile v5. All I want to know is, is there a great difference between this version and the newer ones. Is there anyway to upgrade this to a newer version (whatever it is).
Or if anybody has a link for the latest version (V5 for Nokia 6680), could you let me know.

Thanks a lot in advance
Hoss

hi carlos,
thanks for quick reply,
I beleive tt6 is only working on new generation of Symbian OS (i.e N73, N93..) but it dosen't work of prevoius Symbian OS generation. For those phones (6680, N70, ...) TT5 has to be used. I might be wrong, but this is what i have learnt so far about TomTom Mobile software.
Please correct me if I am wrong, since i don't know much.

Thanks again for your help
Hoss

You are correct, TT6 only works on some, not all phones. Some of us are stuck at 5.202 so far. It works, so I'm happy. I'm not going to change my phone just to get a later version : multi :

Hi "Tep"

SO are you telling me the latest verion of this series is 5.202. If this is so, could you possibly tell me where to fine it or how to upgrade mine from 5 to 5.202. I will be very greatfull if you could help please.

Thanks
Hoss

Hi "Tep"

SO are you telling me the latest verion of this series is 5.202. If this is so, could you possibly tell me where to fine it or how to upgrade mine from 5 to 5.202. I will be very greatfull if you could help please.

Thanks
Hoss

Go to google, and type in tomtom 5.202
First result is a link to a torrent on torrentspy to download it. : party :

Hi tep,
Thanks for the reply. I got the file (TomTom 5.202 ZH.sis). What do i do now. Do i have to copy it in any particular folder. Do I need any code after using it.
Sorry to be a pain, but i don't want to do something wrong and mess up my working tt5.

Thanks for your help.

sis files are application install files, use nokia pc suite to install it to phone

Do a backup of your phone/memory card before you install if you are worried about anything. Easily done through Nokia PC Suite.

I have 5.2 on my N70.The Tomtom 6 is for the later versions of symbian phones like the N73 and N80.I cant see much difference between the TT5 and the TT5.2.Got some great new celebrity voices off Limewire.Just copy and paste the files into your voice folder when you use Nokia Pc Suite.

hi there i have a copy of tomtom 6 for symbian 60 phones ie nokias does work and also tomtom 6 for symbian uiq for ericsson if any body is interested let me know and i will tell you where to obtain them

tomtom6 only works on Symbian Series 60 v3 phones, we have v2 phones.
tomtom6 mobile has been posted in the section already somewhere. Not sure where exactly cos I can't use it

It's ok, we are here to learn things.

I wish it did support my phone, but it doesn't and isn't likely to. I don't care though as 5.202 works fine for me.
Biggest problem I have is that I can't update the firmware in my phone through Nokia's firmware updates at home service. I don't want to send it off anywhere either.

Back