Advice needed from the Gamers

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Lads at a loss as to what to get the lad for Xmas?

He has Xbox one elite console and a ps4 console, plays both online with his mates and is really into his gaming on all consoles,

Would buying a new Xbox one X scorpio console be worth buying? would it be a significant upgrade and would you notice. He only has a 1080p TV not 4k . Whats the difference between the scorpio edition and the Xbox One X edition? And does anybody know where theres any stock in the Uk of the project scorpio version

Last edited:
Without a 4k tv that's a lot of money to pay for faster loading times. Difference between the 2 is purely aesthetic, mainly the words Project Scorpio on the case and controller.
There was a nice guy on my local Gumtree wanting £590 for one of his 2 pre-ordered consoles, hope the twat gets' stuck with it. :D Another reckoned he had 2 Scorpio Editions for sale @£430 each, my scam warning bell started ringing.

Hi. You can still buy the Scorpio edition now.

Buy direct from microsoft

The only difference is the colour, it has project scorpio written on it and it comes supplied with a stand.

my xbox one x.jpg

The Xbox one x will supersample so it'll still look good on a 1080p tv.

Hi. You can still buy the Scorpio edition now.

Buy direct from microsoft

The only difference is the colour, it has project scorpio written on it and it comes supplied with a stand.

The Xbox one x will supersample so it'll still look good on a 1080p tv.

Out if stock @fus10n but thanks I checked there this morning and they only had the standard new one. Take it stand can be bought separately anyway.

Do you think its worth upgrading from xbox one elite?

Out if stock @fus10n but thanks I checked there this morning and they only had the standard new one. Take it stand can be bought separately anyway.

Do you think its worth upgrading from xbox one elite?

I've just added one to the cart and its not said out of stock?

If your son is an avid gamer then yeah, the braggin right alone should make him happy. Do i think its worth upgrading? I never really got a chance to test it out fully so let me have some fun tonight and will get back to you on that. So far, i feel titanfall 2 gives you an edge on xbox one x. Just my opinion though!

EDIT: its now out of stock. The one in my cart is still allowing me to pay for it!

Just an update. I've tried the xbox one x out on quantum break, Titanfall 2 and elite Dangerous. They do look better and have slightly better loading times but I'm not 100% sure it warrants buying a new console especially if you don't have a 4k tv/hdr capable tv. If you have a One s then i'd hold off until maybe spring and hopefully Microsoft will drop the price and more games are released that makes use of the added power.

I don't regret buying the Xbox one x as I've never had the money to buy a console on release day before, let alone a limited edition version until now.

On a side note. I was impressed with the Xbox one s power consumption compared to the Xbox one original/xbox on x. If you have an Xbox one original then I've seen a crackin deal for the xbox one x with 5 games for £260 and one of those 5 games was Assassins creed:eek:rigins. The xbox one s also has 4k blueray player which the original console didn't.
xb1x vs xb1s.PNG

Cheers Fusion. Totally confused not really being a gamer. 4k TV is a possibilty ( his at the moment is a 6 year old 32 inch 1080p sammy )Ive seen a 4k 40 inch panny that looks OK but Im not up on the new tvs so dont know if its upto playing the games etc.?

PANASONIC TX-40EX700B 40" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

Then if he wants the xbox x he can buy it himself with his own cash possibly in the sales after xmas

Cheers Fusion. Totally confused not really being a gamer. 4k TV is a possibilty ( his at the moment is a 6 year old 32 inch 1080p sammy )Ive seen a 4k 40 inch panny that looks OK but Im not up on the new tvs so dont know if its upto playing the games etc.?

PANASONIC TX-40EX700B 40" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV

Then if he wants the xbox x he can buy it himself with his own cash possibly in the sales after xmas

TV looks good to me. The cinema-quality picture with 4K Multi HDR ticks the box for me, but there are plenty of TV experts on here. Before buying the TV keep an eye out for potential black friday offers as you might get a great deal on the same tv similar or better! Think black friday is around the 24/25 nov

Back