Latest .... for Spiderbox 7000HD? ~ help

fazz

Inactive User
Reaction score
I havent used it in a while, I think i need to update the box so where is the latest patch?

does Al jazeera sports and novasports still work? i used to have these on the 'service+'

thanks in advance

It says update failed, please check usb memory.

after i do the sw update

make sure you unzip/unrar the file and copy that to the memory stick. If you have done that then try a different USB stick, double check you are using the correct patch.

yes i have defo unzipped and formated and used 2 different memory sticks and the correct 7000hd patch and still no luck :(

That patch was posted on the 16th of Nov isnt it a bit too old?
I heard there is a new 'etherent' section on the network menu that unlocks channels is there a patch for that?

That patch was posted on the 16th of Nov isnt it a bit too old?
I heard there is a new 'etherent' section on the network menu that unlocks channels is there a patch for that?

16th Nov patch is the one to use, there was a later patch but it only concerned Spanish channels on 30w and was of no use unless you happen to speak Spanish. Now just how long has it been since you last updated? I remember quite a long time ago there was a small change that necessitated that a particular patch be installed in order that later patches would function correctly but this was long ago. Please check in the info settings of the menu and give me the software version you are running now.
I'll see what I can find.

My thanks to our friend Boxer 26 for this. Note ONLY for the 7000HD and please follow ALL instructions to the letter:

Mandatory upgrade Ethernet Enhancement HD Patches

Ethernet enhancement patches for faster clearing.

For continued connection to ethernet service these patches must be loaded.
Users not loading these patches may lose connection before the end of this month.

1,back up channel data udb only[menu/usb green button].
2,factory reset
3,load todays patch S/W only.
4,factory reset again.
5,menu network turn back on ,press 1111 to expand other options.
6,load your channel data back on enter your long/latitude if needed/menu/motor setup/green button
7,goto key edit turn ucas back on.
8,reset key data.
9,load softcam.
10,go to ethernet and turn on if off

Once you have done this follow up with the latest patch BUT turn OFF the UCAS (menu 1111) and the Network then factory reset, patch, factory reset again. If that fails get back to me.

Attachments

• Spiderbox_HD_7000_1010.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 14
16th Nov patch is the one to use, there was a later patch but it only concerned Spanish channels on 30w and was of no use unless you happen to speak Spanish. Now just how long has it been since you last updated? I remember quite a long time ago there was a small change that necessitated that a particular patch be installed in order that later patches would function correctly but this was long ago. Please check in the info settings of the menu and give me the software version you are running now.
I'll see what I can find.

Software Version - Ver F4.32, LDR: Ver 00.21
Hardware Version - Ver 01.20.FM PTC(ok)
Last Update - Feb 12 2011

My thanks to our friend Boxer 26 for this. Note ONLY for the 7000HD and please follow ALL instructions to the letter:

Mandatory upgrade Ethernet Enhancement HD Patches

Ethernet enhancement patches for faster clearing.

For continued connection to ethernet service these patches must be loaded.
Users not loading these patches may lose connection before the end of this month.

1,back up channel data udb only[menu/usb green button].
2,factory reset
3,load todays patch S/W only.
4,factory reset again.
5,menu network turn back on ,press 1111 to expand other options.
6,load your channel data back on enter your long/latitude if needed/menu/motor setup/green button
7,goto key edit turn ucas back on.
8,reset key data.
9,load softcam.
10,go to ethernet and turn on if off

Once you have done this follow up with the latest patch BUT turn OFF the UCAS (menu 1111) and the Network then factory reset, patch, factory reset again. If that fails get back to me.

I have just tried this and still the same error message.

Also is there a way to do this via a cable?

Yes use the recovery tool BUT it only works well on a desktop PC with a genuine rs232 (serial port, 010101 port) and a NULL MODEM lead (dont use a rs232 lead as it wont work). Also laptops and USB to 232 convertors cause problems so stick to a PC with a serial port.

Attachments

• instruction.zip
    318 bytes · Views: 3
  • Download.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 2
  • HD7000_RS232.zip
    4 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Thanks for your help, i have managed to get the update to work through the rear usb instead. Now im not sure how to get the 'ethernet' to work as I have pressed register and it says connecting... but wont connect.

Ok if your receiver is over 12 months old then it may have been disconnected, when it says connecting just press exit three times and select say JSC sports 1~10 (on Hotbird) if this starts working then your Ethernet is working (you can go into the menu-network-Ethernet and now it will say connected. If the JSC channels are not working then your receiver will be over the 12 month connection period.

Back