Hardware Laptop keyboard replacement

deedie

DW Regular
Reaction score
need to replace a keyboard, as it got water damaged.

im looking at this US layout one on ebay

US NEW Toshiba Satellite (Pro) L850 L850D L855 L855D Series Keyboard Glossy | eBay

im right in saying that if I buy this and change the buttons over from the broken one, and the laptop is set to UK layout. then this replacement keyboard will work as normal? or is there something im missing.

the UK replacement one are double the price.

prob worth a try can you not just go into settings and put uk.if its uk them will prob come up with uk letters etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

That's what I'm asking. They should be the same keyboard, just with different buttons. So if I take the buttons off the broken keyboard and put them on the new one in place of the US specific keys. And change the settings to UK. The it should work fine?

It boots okay but the keyboard goes silly? If yes, then swap the keyboard and key-tops, the keyboards are all the same anyways!

Be aware that there's lots under the keyboard that gets shagged if water gets in...

Will be same keyboard if you want to swap keys but be aware that most laptop keyboard have a variety of key fitments, so even though you gave the uk keys, the new keyboard may have different clips for the jeys

UK keyboard will work as a replacement for a US one - no problem. They are pretty much the same except what is printed on the keys.

Back