Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Labtool 48

afcwomble

Inactive User
Does anybody know if the AT24c512 chip can be read with the Labtool 48 programmer as I can't seem to find it in the list. Had this about 3 years and I've only used for the Atmels from 1000 & 4000. Been in a cupboard for last year or so when I stopped tring to get the buggers back on the board without getting 8888 :(
Read on the net that there were problems with clones which I suspect mine is? I'm on the old firmware of 2. something-is there a newer update for these which lists more chips?
Any help appreciated. Thanks

yes m8 the AT24c512 chip can be read on labprog
im on Version 2.45/12.2007.

Last edited:
Thanks Jay 210-Just downloaded that software but it wont find programmer :( I think that's for Labprog and not Labtool? I've attached a pic of programmer-is it same as yours?

sorry m8 my mistake ....not the same ..mine is a labprog
try here
h**p://www.aec.com.tw/updatesw.htm

Last edited:
Thanks Jay 210,

Yea tried that software but again seems it's for the 48XP version-read up on iy a bit the past couple of days but from what I can see the unit I have needs an upgrade kit to get me to the XP level but as it's probably a clone it won't do me any favours either:(
If anyone has any other ways i'd appreciate. Cant seem to get my other programmer to read it either(It's a willem from Programatory-see pic) I'm using a SOIC clip direct from board and connections seem OK?

Thanks

Does anybody know if the AT24c512 chip can be read with the Labtool 48 programmer as I can't seem to find it in the list. Had this about 3 years and I've only used for the Atmels from 1000 & 4000. Been in a cupboard for last year or so when I stopped tring to get the buggers back on the board without getting 8888 :(
Read on the net that there were problems with clones which I suspect mine is? I'm on the old firmware of 2. something-is there a newer update for these which lists more chips?
Any help appreciated. Thanks

its under atmel m8========24c512

Thanks Benny59-re-installed that versionand found it-don't know what I was doing before:( - Only problem is when I read chip it gives error "device inserted backwards or already damaged"? But strange thing is it actually does give a read and when I save and open with TBC NetID changer for V+ and alter NetID it shows it has taken new NetID but when I try to write it back it doesn't seem to go. Any ideas on what that's all about?
Also does this read/programme the 12F629 Pic Chips as i'm trying to do a Wii but can't see that one in list?
Thanks for help so far.

Thanks Benny59-re-installed that versionand found it-don't know what I was doing before:( - Only problem is when I read chip it gives error "device inserted backwards or already damaged"? But strange thing is it actually does give a read and when I save and open with TBC NetID changer for V+ and alter NetID it shows it has taken new NetID but when I try to write it back it doesn't seem to go. Any ideas on what that's all about?
Also does this read/programme the 12F629 Pic Chips as i'm trying to do a Wii but can't see that one in list?
Thanks for help so far.

chip it gives error "device inserted backwards or already damaged"?==never had any trouble programing this kind of chip m8
are you sure the chip is inserted the correct way ??----also could be a dirty ziff socket
take the ziff off the labtool and give it a good clean, {clean the pins on the programer that hold the ziff aswell m8}

labtool48 dont support the 629 pics

I'm using a SOIC Clip so the chip stays on board-have 2 molex connectors wire to 4 pins on each side which go direct to Ziff socket. Like I said all seems to read and dump OK even with error message (64kb hex dump?)but wont write back to chip. How are you saving a dump?

Thanks for info on 629 chips-i'll have to have a go with my other willlem for that one.

I'm using a SOIC Clip so the chip stays on board-have 2 molex connectors wire to 4 pins on each side which go direct to Ziff socket. Like I said all seems to read and dump OK even with error message (64kb hex dump?)but wont write back to chip. How are you saving a dump?

Thanks for info on 629 chips-i'll have to have a go with my other willlem for that one.

i just run some wires from the chip {off the board} to the ziff m8, then save as hex
could be the sioc clip m8 ?------------{what box is the eeprom from ?????}

you will more than likly have to take the chip off the mainboard m8

Cheers mate i'll do that on Sunday(working tomorrow). Just doing it the lazy way:) I'll post on Sunday when i've had a bash.

hello all, slightly off the thread topic - if anyone has a 'cloned' labtool uxp and is getting a 'security check error' pm me ive got the fix for it !!

Back