Labtool 48

afcwomble

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anybody know if the AT24c512 chip can be read with the Labtool 48 programmer as I can't seem to find it in the list. Had this about 3 years and I've only used for the Atmels from 1000 & 4000. Been in a cupboard for last year or so when I stopped tring to get the buggers back on the board without getting 8888 :(
Read on the net that there were problems with clones which I suspect mine is? I'm on the old firmware of 2. something-is there a newer update for these which lists more chips?
Any help appreciated. Thanks

yes m8 the AT24c512 chip can be read on labprog
im on Version 2.45/12.2007.

Last edited:
Thanks Jay 210-Just downloaded that software but it wont find programmer :( I think that's for Labprog and not Labtool? I've attached a pic of programmer-is it same as yours?

sorry m8 my mistake ....not the same ..mine is a labprog
try here
h**p://www.aec.com.tw/updatesw.htm

Last edited:
Thanks Jay 210,

Yea tried that software but again seems it's for the 48XP version-read up on iy a bit the past couple of days but from what I can see the unit I have needs an upgrade kit to get me to the XP level but as it's probably a clone it won't do me any favours either:(
If anyone has any other ways i'd appreciate. Cant seem to get my other programmer to read it either(It's a willem from Programatory-see pic) I'm using a SOIC clip direct from board and connections seem OK?

Thanks

Does anybody know if the AT24c512 chip can be read with the Labtool 48 programmer as I can't seem to find it in the list. Had this about 3 years and I've only used for the Atmels from 1000 & 4000. Been in a cupboard for last year or so when I stopped tring to get the buggers back on the board without getting 8888 :(
Read on the net that there were problems with clones which I suspect mine is? I'm on the old firmware of 2. something-is there a newer update for these which lists more chips?
Any help appreciated. Thanks

its under atmel m8========24c512

Thanks Benny59-re-installed that versionand found it-don't know what I was doing before:( - Only problem is when I read chip it gives error "device inserted backwards or already damaged"? But strange thing is it actually does give a read and when I save and open with TBC NetID changer for V+ and alter NetID it shows it has taken new NetID but when I try to write it back it doesn't seem to go. Any ideas on what that's all about?
Also does this read/programme the 12F629 Pic Chips as i'm trying to do a Wii but can't see that one in list?
Thanks for help so far.

Thanks Benny59-re-installed that versionand found it-don't know what I was doing before:( - Only problem is when I read chip it gives error "device inserted backwards or already damaged"? But strange thing is it actually does give a read and when I save and open with TBC NetID changer for V+ and alter NetID it shows it has taken new NetID but when I try to write it back it doesn't seem to go. Any ideas on what that's all about?
Also does this read/programme the 12F629 Pic Chips as i'm trying to do a Wii but can't see that one in list?
Thanks for help so far.

chip it gives error "device inserted backwards or already damaged"?==never had any trouble programing this kind of chip m8
are you sure the chip is inserted the correct way ??----also could be a dirty ziff socket
take the ziff off the labtool and give it a good clean, {clean the pins on the programer that hold the ziff aswell m8}

labtool48 dont support the 629 pics

I'm using a SOIC Clip so the chip stays on board-have 2 molex connectors wire to 4 pins on each side which go direct to Ziff socket. Like I said all seems to read and dump OK even with error message (64kb hex dump?)but wont write back to chip. How are you saving a dump?

Thanks for info on 629 chips-i'll have to have a go with my other willlem for that one.

I'm using a SOIC Clip so the chip stays on board-have 2 molex connectors wire to 4 pins on each side which go direct to Ziff socket. Like I said all seems to read and dump OK even with error message (64kb hex dump?)but wont write back to chip. How are you saving a dump?

Thanks for info on 629 chips-i'll have to have a go with my other willlem for that one.

i just run some wires from the chip {off the board} to the ziff m8, then save as hex
could be the sioc clip m8 ?------------{what box is the eeprom from ?????}

you will more than likly have to take the chip off the mainboard m8

Cheers mate i'll do that on Sunday(working tomorrow). Just doing it the lazy way:) I'll post on Sunday when i've had a bash.

hello all, slightly off the thread topic - if anyone has a 'cloned' labtool uxp and is getting a 'security check error' pm me ive got the fix for it !!

Back