KryptView - Does it work?

NineLives

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys..

Before I invest in a KryptView box, after the keychanges (key rollout), does this box still work?

Mine as never gone off,as i put the latest firmware in before all this started happening....

Is installing the latest firmware easy and straight forward?

Easy Peasy!!!

Very easy mate, only need a rs232 cable and computer with right software.

I'd wait before jumping on the Kryptview bandwagon. New emus for the dream should be out very soon.

krytviews a lovely box if all you do is just wanna watch the telly without hassle

It did already know about the upcoming code type changes so thats why most krytview owners were prepared for it while the other boxes went down.

Support for this box is excellent and showing on a daily basis

The tuner in the box looks like it was designed for british use, it even has the same screw type cable so your white wire just screws on, no dodgy adaptors or converters or boosters required this box was made for us Ukers in mind !

It has better picture quality then my previous dreamboxs/eurovoxs also....

Its cheaper then all the other boxes out there :)

Theres still a few niggles and bugs but there getting looked at thx to the support for it.

Bit disapointed at seeing the Eurovoxs/dreamboxes and other similar type boxes going down I thought they were on the ball on that one but then guess you just cant tell with Virgin ;)

There is no bandwagon there is a box which is autorolling and which produced a fix quick and which has good support, The box got knocked when it came out and it seems still getting knocked now never mind.

tmc

It might be getting knocked TMC, but it's not getting knocked off :)

up until the new firmware version i would of said yes,excellent box. however i would now say that after the problems i've had and the missing channels my opinion is changing quite dramatically

go through all the channels they maybe under a different name

tmc

i've tried that mate and they are not there. having deleted all channels and rescanning the box again my screen has gone green and the box is displaying the letter A ?

I'd wait before jumping on the Kryptview bandwagon. New emus for the dream should be out very soon.

It seems to me that there is very little progress being made with regards to emus for linux based boxes, whereas the kryptview box was patched up and working less than 24 hours after the new keyroll method was seen in Ireland, and DAYS before the keyroll was seen in mainland UK.
It is clear from this alone that this is the box with the best support, regardless of the fact that its not an open source unit, as far as free tv goes, this seems to be the best.

edcase

i've tried that mate and they are not there. having deleted all channels and rescanning the box again my screen has gone green and the box is displaying the letter A ?

switch off for 10 mins and on again

tmc

Kudos to the kryptview team on the speed at which they managed to decrypt the new keyroll EMM's and incorporate the new keyroll method into the kryptview emu.
BUT....the kryptview is still a technically inferior box to the dreambox at a component level they have no ethernet, no PowerPC CPU no potential for features such as recording to NAS devices, streaming video etc.
Still you cant knock the support and speed at which a fix was released.
In short the krypvtiews a good box for the people who just want to watch TV. For anyone else who likes to fiddle, wants more features and options to play with look to the Linux based boxes. After all the scenes supposed to be about hobbyists and learning etc....not the free tv bandwagon...

did what you said mash,tried scanning again but again the screen went green but this time with a letter C

Soemtimes when all else fails you know what I do, goto user preference and hit Delete all channels, then goto installation menu and goto factory reset.

Then simply rescan once again.

After its finished scanning goto bbc1 and leave it there for 30-45 minutes and then when your browsing the channels make sure its set to ALL (you can goto white button and then alphabet and choose ALL) that way u can see the entire list of channels.

Hopefully you will see all the channels there, if not then you gotta perhaps try it again but scan another area I sometimes try Watford or Trials or Bromley and get better success.

Well, iv just invested in one just because im a nerd..

However, I know that the Dreambox is gona have a solution very soon (he hopes) :)

Back