Kinect games.

Oh, just tried ACB on mine, works fine, mines an old samsung with boot what ever ya want firmware :p Sweet

I dont think the sammys have the ability to check ap2.5

Bang on mate, some samsungs and hitachi's were developed before ap2.5 was incorporated. If you have a newer console with a liteon or benq then it wont boot the game.

This is going to be something that we will all have to get used to, as I imagine that 99% of all new games will come with this new protection.

@iliveinuk, is your drive an ms25 or an ms28 mate?

Hi mate, its an ms28 with an old xtreme version of firmware, old drive but its an hdmi unit so im happy :)

Like I say, its playing all the kinect as well

Hi mate, its an ms28 with an old xtreme version of firmware, old drive but its an hdmi unit so im happy :)

Like I say, its playing all the kinect as well

AFAIK all kinect games are fine, and none have ap2.5 so they should play fine. Its nothing to do with the version of fw, its down to the drive.

Whats the manufacturer date mate? Might help others with looking for these consoles, as they will be at a premium until the new LT+ comes out.

ahhhh, wish i could help on that, as i have either put a new case on it (i use to mix and match for trying to send rrod's back) or they still made samsungs last year lol

says 2009-10-13 lol

Is there anywhere inside it would say as obviously this aint the original case :/

Did they make a hdmi unit that long ago with sammys? Im wondering if i have put a key on this from a drive that packed up, done so many im losing my mind, grrrr

ahhhh, wish i could help on that, as i have either put a new case on it (i use to mix and match for trying to send rrod's back) or they still made samsungs last year lol

says 2009-10-13 lol

Is there anywhere inside it would say as obviously this aint the original case :/

Did they make a hdmi unit that long ago with sammys? Im wondering if i have put a key on this from a drive that packed up, done so many im losing my mind, grrrr

Take the front off, look at the wire, and let us know the colour. Least we will know what drive is inside it then.

its deff a sammy, red and black wires, just dont know the original date of the unit

AFAIK all kinect games are fine, and none have ap2.5 so they should play fine. Its nothing to do with the version of fw, its down to the drive.

Whats the manufacturer date mate? Might help others with looking for these consoles, as they will be at a premium until the new LT+ comes out.

Kinectimals and kinect sports will only boot on sammys and Hitachis as far as reports go over the web so I assuming this is due to ap2.5. The other kinect games are fine. My jtag is a sammy ms28 and luckily boots ok without modifying xex. I am obviously not willing to test this in my unbanned Benq but haven't seen one report of these 2 games working on a benq or liteon. The peeps who have them working are on sammys or hitachi.

Kinectimals and kinect sports will only boot on sammys and Hitachis as far as reports go over the web so I assuming this is due to ap2.5. The other kinect games are fine. My jtag is a sammy ms28 and luckily boots ok without modifying xex. I am obviously not willing to test this in my unbanned Benq but haven't seen one report of these 2 games working on a benq or liteon. The peeps who have them working are on sammys or hitachi.

All reports I have seen confirm that all kinect games work on all drives. They dont have ap2.5 AFAIK. Run them through abgx and it will tell you.

l would love to know why they released black ops without this protection on it ?

Can confirm that the new ass creed runs on the daughters banned box with the
ix16-benq_nostealth firmware.Just this minute tested it.

nice to know, is there a liteon no stealth for banned or not wanting to go on live consoles, I cant remember if there is one

Im not trusting that at the moment as fable 3 doesnt show it , but is supposed to have it on
not true, took my kinect sports around to my mate who has a liteon with LT on it, runs fine, Jan is correct, I have grabbed all the kinect games, not one is showing as ap25 in abgx.

not true, took my kinect sports around to my mate who has a liteon with LT on it, runs fine, Jan is correct, I have grabbed all the kinect games, not one is showing as ap25 in abgx.

yes there is iliveinuk

Ideal, you wouldnt be so kind as to point me in the direction of a download, or even up it on here for me please would you

Thanks mate, I would normally use xbins but if you have it that would be great and i expect a few others might want it :)

I went here but the link is dead, does anyone have this pack??

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/225214/

Its ok, found the pack that does all the drives now, ideal :)

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to know, is there a liteon no stealth for banned or not wanting to go on live consoles, I cant remember if there is one

I dont think a liteon will run it mate, even without non-stealth fw. Im suprised that a benq is running it tbh.

@Dave do you have the new dashboard mate? As it should ask you to update the dash first?

will the kinect games work off a external harddrive. am plaaning to upgrade my dash, but my console is jtagged

anyone got kinect working on a jtagged console and games through harddrive

Back