Kilometers & Miles

big-ron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
this might sound daft, but i have both on my scooter Kilometers on the out side and miles on the inner, my insurance want my miles as i have said my only doing 4000 miles per year, so my question is... do i put down 1997 miles or Kilometers, as this is whats on my clock.

many thanks again guys

Assuming there are no marking, then next time to do a trip that is more then a couple of miles, note down the before and after reading then look up the route on bing maps or google maps and see if it matches miles or km

Assuming there are no marking, then next time to do a trip that is more then a couple of miles, note down the before and after reading then look up the route on bing maps or google maps and see if it matches miles or km

cheers oneman, if not to windy, going across my bothers tomorrow will clock it :) think its about 8miles guessing

its 10.1 miles according to google :)

Last edited:
The larger of the 2 is the one you use..

KM/h numbers should be larger than the MP/h.. it should also have both km/h and mp/h written underneath.. again the larger indicates what its measured in.

So big-ron, what did it turn out to be ?

So big-ron, what did it turn out to be ?

well tought its was fixed until yesterday, mess on with the mixer :/ was working fine for about 3/4 days :( now it still starts fine but if you go to pull away it just dies, my head is done in :( got the book on it, but as for the setting for the carb there not there? so i have email haynes for the setting but just waiting now, cant use it as keeps cutting out on me :( cant get it to a shop as wont fit in car and know no one with van. was just going to buy a new carb? from here
Browse Parts by Bike - Chinese Motorcycle Parts Online

but still not sure which one? also do you think this has got all the bits on it? and would it be set up?
sorry for been a pain just want to start scootering :)

check the rubber inlet that the carb pushes into on the engine. these were bad for splitting and leaking air into the system causing the engine to die under load..

easy check is to spray wd40 round the rubber when engine is ticking over,
if engine revs change a lot then youve got a leak. will need a replacement part or sealing..

have you checked the fuel line is letting through enough fuel

and if it has a vacuum operated fuel tap check its working properly

automatic chokes and carbs are bad for failing on a lot of the chinese bikes..

seen a few with their exhausts either off or dragging along ground cause their nuts n bolts have come loose.. so beware of bits falling off or at least things coming loose ..

as for the electrics does it have a side stand /main stand cutout switch which kills engine if it moves with either stand down.. this could be faulty..

the rest of electrics should have all connectors waterproofed with
silicon-grease or at least vaseline..

check the rubber inlet that the carb pushes into on the engine. these were bad for splitting and leaking air into the system causing the engine to die under load..

easy check is to spray wd40 round the rubber when engine is ticking over,
if engine revs change a lot then youve got a leak. will need a replacement part or sealing..

have you checked the fuel line is letting through enough fuel

and if it has a vacuum operated fuel tap check its working properly

automatic chokes and carbs are bad for failing on a lot of the chinese bikes..

seen a few with their exhausts either off or dragging along ground cause their nuts n bolts have come loose.. so beware of bits falling off or at least things coming loose ..

as for the electrics does it have a side stand /main stand cutout switch which kills engine if it moves with either stand down.. this could be faulty..

the rest of electrics should have all connectors waterproofed with
silicon-grease or at least vaseline..

checked most of what you have said jondoe stripped the carb right down and rebuilt it but it look like the bloke before me has missed on with as the screws look abit f***ed, so i have just ordered a new carb and automatic choke, the flue pipes working ok as when turning it over the flue pisses out. parts not comming until monday, so i just hope this will sort it.

Back