Killed fook out of it

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive found a way to totally kill a TM600, after spending months trying to kill it with software, then taking a dremel, and other cutting tools to it, adding sata adaptors, wifi, 3G connectivity, turning it into a print server, FTP server, webcam server, adding 2 internal fans, and the blue LEDs that every mod needs, its now totally dead

can you guess what i did that finally sealed the fate of my TM600 to the recycle bin?

did u follow witchy and pour water on it

You glued a DM sticker on it, hopping that software support improved, however the sticker had a timb bomb and the TM600 exploded. Next time use a patched sticker without time bomb eheh.

Just joking, what did you broke?

R.I.P. Digidude's dear old Technomate 600, you were a good friend to him and provided many hours of entertainment and frustration. Having USB dongles shoved into places where no USB device has ever gone before. May you rest in peace knowing that you provided knowledge and insight into your inner workings, but we know there was only so much abuse you could stand. The final straw came when he forcefully attempted to load an Alpha build of the latest UR image into your flash memory.
Farewell old friend, may your replacement be as accepting as yourself. You will be sorely missed.

Regards

Liam

Send it back. Say its had the evolution software on it and its evolved??

Did you trip over the cable?

Last edited:
ive found a way to totally kill a TM600, after spending months trying to kill it with software, then taking a dremel, and other cutting tools to it, adding sata adaptors, wifi, 3G connectivity, turning it into a print server, FTP server, webcam server, adding 2 internal fans, and the blue LEDs that every mod needs, its now totally dead

can you guess what i did that finally sealed the fate of my TM600 to the recycle bin?

my guess is a build up of ambient wool on the vents made it catastrophically overheat.

finally got your hands on a tm800hd, placed it alongside the old 600 and it just died of shame?

if not c'mon then spill the beans.....

I reckon it committed suicide .... did it leave you a note explaining all the abuse you gave it ... that every day was a living hell with you and the dremel ... and just could'nt carry on :)

Hando

i keep my receivers stacked on their sides, as theres so many of them, this reduces the footprint of them, and allows me to stack them sideways, and then on top of the pile as well

i somehow managed to spill a can of lager on the unit above the receivers, killing the TM linux remote in the process, it was full of the stuff lol, then trying to mop up and save the remote, i managed to knock the can again, and it tipped straight into the side of the receiver, into the air intake fan i had fitted to the side of it, which then explosivley distributed it around the entire inside of the receiver. There was a fizz, some crackling, a bit of smoke, then a sort of zzzzzzt-pop noise

RiP TM600, youre now free from the abuse lol, now awaiting the upgrade to my next victim :proud:

There was a fizz, some crackling, a bit of smoke, then a sort of zzzzzzt-pop noise

RiP TM600, youre now free from the abuse lol, now awaiting the upgrade to my next victim :proud:

Yeah, yeah, all very well and good.. but did u fix the widescreen problem? :D :banana:

yes m8, theres no wide screen problem at all on this receiver any more lol

Back