Kids problem

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have given them both a pc for their room's and networked the things.

Now the problem is they are msning their mates till the early hours of the morning.

I need to restrict this access, is there a program or something that I can alter to stop them using the internet at a set time every night.

Please say yes ;)

yes m8 its called power plug it is found sometimes close to the computer all u do is disable it buy pulling the plug out

lol

You mean when Big Bad Dutcho Daddy says " no", they don't do as they're told: shocked2 : shocked2

Maybe some: spank : might help.

(Not that this website would ever condone anything illegal)

http://www.pcparent.com.au/ProductsWatchDog001.html

looks interesting

WatchDog Parental Control software limits, protects and monitors what your children and other users do on your computer.
Limit how much they use the computer and when. Put time limits on programs or stop them from ever running. Block web sites and other web material.

Protect your Windows machine by restricting where they go and what they can change.

Monitor web sites, applications, chat rooms and emails. Record every key stroke and take screen shots of the session. Spy on what they're doing from wherever you are.

well i suggested to cut the plugs off but then the cable would get shorter by the day and never reach the socket..lol, maybe a timer switch but mr d says that would feck up the hdd, maybe we should put the comps in another room but the cheecky stewards would wait till we were asleep and sneak down...

computers supposed to help you with your homework, lmfao, its an axcuse to msn your mates

they have it all om the comp now tv, dvd player if we take the comp off them they loose all

kids are l33t these days so chances are whatever app you use to stop em using the net they will find a way to bypass it.
i`d just bung radmin on their puters and that way you can view their desktops and keep an eye on what they`re gettin up to from your box, you can also control their desktops as well as shutdown and reboot etc...
you can rename the exe, disable the icon and notification so it will be a bugger for them to find it if your smart :)

Are the computers networked through a router. If so u can usually set specific times that MAC addresses can access the network. Means u can stop them accessing the net any time after 10.

no matter what u do, kids will find a way round. better to let them use it but monitor them instead. rather they do good things than bad. and if there is something you dont agree with just talk to them. talking from experience. monitor whether they go on chatrooms and what they do, that kind of things. there are a few keyloggers you can use. but good luck!

Back